I think this article really hits the future of BB on the head. Thoughts? Some of the ideas to get service revenue seem plausible and grounded on BB's reputation for security.

Four Ways BlackBerry Can Win Back Subscribers, Get Back To Its Roots | Technology | Minyanville's Wall Street
    jegs2 and Bbnivende like this.
    07-03-13 08:52 PM
    Good ideas. They should get into the secure emails stuff.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:15 PM
    Thanks for posting and I agree with what the author is getting at.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-03-13 10:24 PM
    Cool article. But I am sorry how is BIS email "Secure" if one is using Gmail or say yahoo mail with no encryption? The author acts like everything sent through BIS is just somehow magically secure.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-04-13 02:16 AM
    I think this article really hits the future of BB on the head. Thoughts? Some of the ideas to get service revenue seem plausible and grounded on BB's reputation for security.

Four Ways BlackBerry Can Win Back Subscribers, Get Back To Its Roots | Technology | Minyanville's Wall Street
    This guy absolutely gets it, it's all I've been saying all along and more.
    07-04-13 02:27 AM
    Cool article. But I am sorry how is BIS email "Secure" if one is using Gmail or say yahoo mail with no encryption? The author acts like everything sent through BIS is just somehow magically secure.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    The kind of people he's talking about (small businesses, professionals etc) are using hosted emails be it POP3 or IMAP and don't forget BIS offers one secure on device only email address that even if one had the password for it there's nothing that email can be checked on other then the original device.

And as some politicians have proved it, you can use PIN to PIN messaging for even more secure communications.

100% secure might not be but it's a lot more secure then a device connecting directly to the internet.
    07-04-13 02:31 AM
    The kind of people he's talking about (small businesses, professionals etc) are using hosted emails be it POP3 or IMAP and don't forget BIS offers one secure on device only email address that even if one had the password for it there's nothing that email can be checked on other then the original device.

And as some politicians have proved it, you can use PIN to PIN messaging for even more secure communications.

100% secure might not be but it's a lot more secure then a device connecting directly to the internet.
    Yes -- I had (still have I suppose) a vzw.blackberry.net email address. I can't think of a more difficult path for BlackBerry than to pin its hopes on moving everyone to an email service they can only check on their phone. If that is what the author means then he/she is delusional.
    07-04-13 01:44 PM
    Yes -- I had (still have I suppose) a vzw.blackberry.net email address. I can't think of a more difficult path for BlackBerry than to pin its hopes on moving everyone to an email service they can only check on their phone. If that is what the author means then he/she is delusional.
    Aaaa, but was there not an outcry about it and BB had to offer one year of forwarding?
    07-04-13 01:47 PM
    Aaaa, but was there not an outcry about it and BB had to offer one year of forwarding?
    I guess.
    07-04-13 01:52 PM
    I guess.
    BB probably thought the same about local outlook sync, turns out many used it and cried to get it back. Sometimes I really wonder if BB know their customers at all.
    07-04-13 04:05 PM
    If BBM would aggregate all my IM clients and SMS/MMS and forward the messages to me. I would seriously consider paying a subscription for it.

I think the Blackberry Workspace is a pretty sweet idea too
    BlackBerry Previews Secure Work Space Technology for Third Party Platforms - Press Releases
    07-04-13 05:23 PM
    BB probably thought the same about local outlook sync, turns out many used it and cried to get it back. Sometimes I really wonder if BB know their customers at all.
    It's not really worth hashing out the whole pro BIS thing again. Take care.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-04-13 10:50 PM
    Really? In a few years you won't need much more then a phone.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-04-13 11:26 PM
    YES! BIS, secure email, but better implemented than before... dont make specific plans, make it an add-on, or SOMETHING!
    07-04-13 11:27 PM
    It's not really worth hashing out the whole pro BIS thing again. Take care.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    For you maybe, but for me and many others it would be great.

Didn't you notice BlackBerry sold more OS7 phones which use BIS then they did BB10 phones.

BlackBerry could use the revenue too.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-04-13 11:29 PM