Is there any app out there supporting pgp?
    The performance of the device should be enough to handle de- and encryption.

greetings from germany, k_f
    07-03-13 05:59 AM
    Nope.
    The problem is not en/decryption, but integration. You don't want to have to copy/paste messages every time you want or read or write something or use a separate email app.
    k_f likes this.
    07-03-13 10:06 AM
    K9mail and AGP (PGP add-on) work fine. I have them loaded; K9 is on the BlackBerry market but AGP has to be sideloaded at present.

If you need to send or receive PGP-encoded emails it works fine, and AGP works fine to encrypt/decrypt files as well.

Configure it against the same email box you have the hub configured against and use it "as required." No problems.
    07-03-13 11:36 AM
    Hi tickerguy, thanks for your suggestions. Very helpful!
    So I just hope K9 goes native for BB10 in the future, although I'll give it a try anyways.

07-03-13 08:30 PM
    Ah, jeez PGP brings back some good memories lawlz
    07-03-13 08:33 PM
    K9mail and AGP (PGP add-on) work fine. I have them loaded; K9 is on the BlackBerry market but AGP has to be sideloaded at present.

If you need to send or receive PGP-encoded emails it works fine, and AGP works fine to encrypt/decrypt files as well.

Configure it against the same email box you have the hub configured against and use it "as required." No problems.
    ok ive found and installed k9, but cannot find agp bar files anywhere, because i too would like to use pgp type encryption on my z10 to any of my blackberry friends
    07-06-13 12:08 AM

Great tipp. But how do you get your secret Key into AGP? I always get an IO Error when accessing local storage on the Z10

Edit: ok, changing key to .gpg (instead of .asc) worked.
    Important: first install apg.bar, then K9.

Sending works. But when I receive PGP Email, K9 tells me "PGP/MIME Messages arenot supported yet"

Any Idees?

thx
    Torsten
    Last edited by topi; 07-30-13 at 06:49 AM.
    07-30-13 06:24 AM
    Is there any app out there supporting pgp?
    The performance of the device should be enough to handle de- and encryption.
    Hello
    I invite you to check my new application which implements PGP for BlackBerry10.
    PGpgp - BlackBerry World
    More details here:
    PGpgp |pawelgorny.com|
    I hope you find it useful. In case of any questions/remarks, please send me an email or PM.
    02-03-14 04:11 AM
    Hello
    I invite you to check my new application which implements PGP for BlackBerry10.
    PGpgp - BlackBerry World
    More details here:
    PGpgp |pawelgorny.com|
    I hope you find it useful. In case of any questions/remarks, please send me an email or PM.

Even though this thread is relatively dormant and I personally have little to no reason to use such encryption, your app looks very promising for many of those here wanting more and more security and privacy. Looks great on the screen shots. Does it work with it's own mail client or does it use the regular mail accounts on the device to send and receive?

Something else that I MUST ask. Does your app allow the backing up and restoring of your keys to say the cloud or even to your computer and or SD card?

WOW, I should have read some more. Sorry.

<snip>
    PGpgp offers encryption/decryption of the messages using PGP.
    PGpgp can decrypt messages addressed to you and encrypt messages destined for another recipient. It allows sending and receiving encrypted e-mail, SMS, BBM etc.
    To use the PGpgp you must own the pair of your keys (public and private) and a public key of the recipient. The program stores the keys in its own space on the phone - other applications do not have access to them!
    <snip>

Even more promising.........
    02-03-14 07:35 AM
    Currently there is no strong integration with an existing mail/bbm/sms accounts - you must manually copy/paste the text, or save it in the file and then import to the application. I wait for the API which allow me to do de/encryption on the fly.
    And yes, you may save/export/import public/private keys from/to the file, email etc.
    02-03-14 07:45 AM
    Currently there is no strong integration with an existing mail/bbm/sms accounts - you must manually copy/paste the text, or save it in the file and then import to the application. I wait for the API which allow me to do de/encryption on the fly.
    And yes, you may save/export/import public/private keys from/to the file, email etc.

Thanks for the response. I hope that BB allows the integration soon for you to provide a really impressive tool. Sadly I feel that BB will not allow direct integration. I certainly hope they do though.

I will be keeping my eyes open.
    02-03-14 08:10 AM
    PGpgp does not let me Import private keys. I tryed with private-only as well as with full keys. It does not give me an error-message or anything.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks for help

Tom
    03-07-14 01:44 AM
    Send me PM with more details. Is it first time you cannot import, did you import other keys before? What is the source of the key?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 02:01 AM
    I solved it by using a .asc file. the .pgp file was the one that didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 05:12 PM
    I solved it by using a .asc file. the .pgp file was the one that didn't work.
    You probably exported the key in binary format, it should be ASCII. When you use gpg, use parameter -a (to ASCII-armor the key).
    03-08-14 05:16 PM