I know most of us on crackberry don't work for BlackBerry, maybe a few do.

This been a horrid week for the team, only way to get out of this slum is some positive news and exposure.

is there anything we can do to help boost BlackBerry reputation and image. Maybe post videos on YouTube showing the amazing things a bb10 phone can do

i.e posting cool storymaker video highlighting the fact it was made using a BlackBerry10 in a few mins?

I donno I'm not great at business or marketing but I know "wow" factor is what's really missing from BlackBerry 10 phones.

Maybe we should drive the marketing ourselves loooooooooool

Let's have a brainstorm ppl

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:27 AM
    As long as you are truthful in your advertising. I mean if your speaking to someone and they wow, is that a Z10. Don't go all ape **** praising only the good points, give them bad points too if you know them. Let them make a decision to try it themselves but DON'T give them false impressions that would only **** them off in the end.

For me, all aspects appear to be working fine, minus task sync from Google, but I blame Google for that, not BB. I have not experienced the contact issues that others appear to be having. Calendars all sync fine for me (all 7 calendars from my 1 Gmail account)

Oh and the app eco system is pretty slim currently, mind you most things I needed I was able to sideload or find alternatives.
    Mecca EL and scorpiodsu like this.
    07-03-13 04:05 AM
    I think Z10/Q10 users pimping the device is going to be more effective than any TV marketing I've seen. Whether it's carriers or BBRY, there needs to be WAY MORE exposure in brick & mortar stores. Everyone I've shown my Z10 to thinks its freakin cool...and incredibly fluid using. I show them the keypad, peek, the swipe & gesture UI, how you "swipe up" an app to use as an active pane..... I just tell them "for me, it's just easier to use" (which is the absolute truth)
    The last thing I tell them is:
    I have a GS3 that sits on my desk. I to it on occasion, only to switch back to my Z10 in less than an hour , mostly because of the UI. When your upgrade comes around, give it a go, but just know it takes some getting used to. Give it the full "trial period". I'm confident you'll make it your "go-to" device.
    Les123 likes this.
    07-03-13 07:01 AM
    Maybe the fact is, there is nothing amazing this phone can do that other phones can't do already. Other than brand loyalty, there is no compelling reason to get a BlackBerry if you're an Apple or Android users. Zero!

BlackBerry's marketing is nothing short of horrible, and their ad campaign and slogan is brutal. "Keep Moving..." The stock Keeps Moving down, so does the user base, and consumers "Keep Moving" to other platforms... This is right up there with their horrible PlayBook slogan "Amateur hour is over." How did that work out? Oh ya... RIP Playbook...

Do all the YouTube marketing you want, it'll come off as desperate and fan boyish... but it just might be better than the horrible drivel that BlackBerry is putting out there...
    07-03-13 07:33 AM
    Fill in your own review on a product site

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 07:35 AM
    I am busting my gut on this one.

No! And why should I!

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    bintheredundat likes this.
    07-03-13 07:35 AM
    Some things I like about my Z10:

- the Hub
    - BlackBerry Shared Folders (using all of your PCs as personal cloud drives)
    - TimeShift camera
    - BBM Groups for sharing lists and calendars
    - I get my RSS/Twitter/Facebook feeds
    - the keyboard is good
    - the browser works well for me, all the sites I use regularly (like banking) work for me

When compared to iPhone:

- microSD slot
    - swapable battery, especially with my external battery charger
    - I like BlackBerry multitasking way more than iOS multitasking

When compared to Android:

- I feel more secure downloading apps onto my device
    - I like the hardware build quality

I'm not saying the Z10 is the be all and end all phone, or even that only the Z10 can do the things I want in a smartphone. Just saying that I am pretty happy with it and it has some advantages for me over the other ecosystems.

Cheers,

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 07:37 AM
    Basically anything you can do to get the 'word of mouth' message out there that BB10 is a cracking platform....brilliant phones. Go onto Twitter and post using #BB10 or #Q10 or #Z10 in your tweets.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by afl777; 07-03-13 at 07:54 AM.
    07-03-13 07:37 AM
    Maybe the fact is, there is nothing amazing this phone can do that other phones can't do already. Other than brand loyalty, there is no compelling reason to get a BlackBerry if you're an Apple or Android users. Zero!

BlackBerry's marketing is nothing short of horrible, and their ad campaign and slogan is brutal. "Keep Moving..." The stock Keeps Moving down, so does the user base, and consumers "Keep Moving" to other platforms... This is right up there with their horrible PlayBook slogan "Amateur hour is over." How did that work out? Oh ya... RIP Playbook...

Do all the YouTube marketing you want, it'll come off as desperate and fan boyish... but it just might be better than the horrible drivel that BlackBerry is putting out there...
    I agree the phone (Z10) doesn't do anything more amazing than any other, (accept the keyboard) it just does it differently. How about; other phones don't do anything more amazing than the Z10! IMHO, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, the UI is much more appealing than others. I'm sure they're plenty of iPhone/Android users that would feel the same...I used a GS3 for 8 or 10 months before I got the Z10. It took me a couple weeks to get the hang of navigation and now my GS3 sits on my desk.
    I slip my sim card into my GS3 occasionally just to drive it around for a while, just to switch back in less than an hour. This is just my opinion, tho..... but I'm sure I'm not alone...
    bradu1 and gebco like this.
    07-03-13 08:00 AM
    The UI of Z10 is really amazing... I remembered the same feeling when I got my first iP4... but after few months to year, some got tired of once in a kind UI experience of iPhone... which eventually will happen to our beloved Z10...

But the thing that last is "usage"... I knew a lot of iPhone users that even they got bored and tired of their iPhone but still cannot dump it because of those applications and games they got used and love... BlackBerry should focus on that longer dependability of users...

Posted via Z10
    07-03-13 08:13 AM
    Waaaay too many bugs and already a worldwide fragmented OS that is all over the place. Its not looking good and 10.2 doesn't look like there's enough in there to help.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 08:42 AM
    I think Z10/Q10 users pimping the device is going to be more effective than any TV marketing I've seen. Whether it's carriers or BBRY, there needs to be WAY MORE exposure in brick & mortar stores. Everyone I've shown my Z10 to thinks its freakin cool...and incredibly fluid using. I show them the keypad, peek, the swipe & gesture UI, how you "swipe up" an app to use as an active pane..... I just tell them "for me, it's just easier to use" (which is the absolute truth)
    The last thing I tell them is:
    I have a GS3 that sits on my desk. I to it on occasion, only to switch back to my Z10 in less than an hour , mostly because of the UI. When your upgrade comes around, give it a go, but just know it takes some getting used to. Give it the full "trial period". I'm confident you'll make it your "go-to" device.
    Which is why I think for a good number of people -- enough to make a difference -- a healthy app ecosystem makes a huge difference.

UIs are nice, but I can't give up raw functionality for perceived good looks.

As far as the premise of this thread goes, free advertising for a billion dollar corporation? Insane.
    Mecca EL and Drew808 like this.
    07-03-13 08:50 AM

Another childish response. Unwanted and unwarranted. Just a bully child coming and kicking sand. Do you really think by coming here and making statements like this, that you're going to change other people's minds? You're making these statements to people that could choose any device they want, that have used other devices, and chose BlackBerry because it was best for US. If you think that it's ok to try and go ruin other people's day so you can feel better about whatever choice you made, then I feel sorry for people that have to interact with you in person. Your mother should be proud.

In response to the op, yes, word of mouth is the best advertisement. In my own personal circle, people are getting tired of using the same stale os. Remember, Apple used to be all about being different, standing out in the crowd, now they are the crowd, and the people that want to be different, want something new and exciting, are looking. Show then what BlackBerry has to offer. Some of them might really appreciate BlackBerry.

Plus, we need to counteract the ignorance of people like the above poster. They're not doing anything here as far as changing the minds of people that have made their choice, but they are also more than willing to spread untrue stories to people that are currently looking.

On a personal note, posts such as his, look completely desperate to me. Looks like they realize that this is a quality piece of hardware and software and they're afraid that their little status symbol phone might not be as popular tomorrow as it is today. I can smell the desperation from here.

Posted via CB10
    GoJaysGo and Mecca EL like this.
    07-03-13 08:58 AM
    Why don't you all pool your money and buy them some better programmers and marketing people.

The company is not helping itself.
    dannykavs and scorpiodsu like this.
    07-03-13 09:05 AM
    Which is why I think for a good number of people -- enough to make a difference -- a healthy app ecosystem makes a huge difference.

UIs are nice, but I can't give up raw functionality for perceived good looks.

As far as the premise of this thread goes, free advertising for a billion dollar corporation? Insane.
    Like the white headphones weren't free advertisement for years for iPhone?

And you are right about the apps, in a certain way. We need apps, for potential customers. However, our app store is growing, at a rate that exceeds both apple and androids app stores within their first year of existence. Now they have a huge head start, and if we ever catch up it won't be soon. However as has been stated several times by several people, not many of us use that many apps. I'd hazard to guess that most people across all devices, have about 5 go to apps that they use on a daily basis, while most collect dust and take up space on your screen. Personally, the apps that are important to me, are on my z10. And also remember, that with iPhone, the king of the apps, the apps are required in order to do many of the basic functions that BlackBerry can do out of the box, and android can do simply by installing flash. When you talk about the sheer number of apps, how many duplicates are there? How many apps that do the exact same thing? Obviously you require apps in your line of business, and it sounds like you require apps that we do not currently have, however I cam tell you that in my line of work, my lifestyle, BlackBerry out of the box gives me more raw functionality than android or ios has ever given me with any amount of apps.

Just a different viewpoint to consider.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:08 AM
    Tell everyone how much you love your z10. I do it every day!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:20 AM
    Another childish response. Unwanted and unwarranted. Just a bully child coming and kicking sand. Do you really think by coming here and making statements like this, that you're going to change other people's minds? You're making these statements to people that could choose any device they want, that have used other devices, and chose BlackBerry because it was best for US. If you think that it's ok to try and go ruin other people's day so you can feel better about whatever choice you made, then I feel sorry for people that have to interact with you in person. Your mother should be proud.
    Childish? You're a little touchy don't you think, over a phone.... I won't bow to your level, and name calling. This is a site for fan boys and techno geeks. Mom and Dad aren't coming here for advice on what phone they want. Numbers don't lie, and the people have spoken. If you need any reference, just look at the earnings posted this week to see what consumers think. Neither I or you can change that. And I can guarantee you, my mother is proud. I don't defend my choice of mobile device ( I have an iPhone 5 and a Z10 ), nor do I get all upset when somebody else chooses something different... Get a grip...
    Rob1, scorpiodsu and niss63 like this.
    07-03-13 09:22 AM
    Good Morning. First post on this site.

Seems to me, many Blackberry users are Faithful to the product. I am a Motorola flip Phone convert. I had a Blackberry curve as my first phone and I thought I'd try another phone. the Z10.

First off, I love the phone in my Otter Box case. Hard to damage the screen this way. So, A+ for Otterbox.
    I also love the Blackberry phone as well. A+ for it's design and feel.

Now - Here is the problem. Someone needs to talk to Blackberry (RIM) directly and ask them why did they remove the ability to sort
    contacts by categories in the Z10 product. I have well over 1000 names and addresses and now I carry 2 phones. The category function needs to be brought back.

Lastly. I am an AT&T customer and have been with them for many many years and I believe AT&T, in order to retain it's customers and
    keep Blackberry and any other phone mfg happy, they need to keep their bread and butter happy and that's the customer.

Phones need to be kept updated. If the Phone MFG puts out a general update for a product, (Example Z10), then, AT&T needs to promptly
    modify the update and distribute it to the users for that product. Customers have the Z10 more the the Q10 and the update needs to go to the existing customers. I believe this is making Z10 customers angry. Many customers who loyally purchased the product want to get updated like other customers at other carriers and they feel left out when this doesn't happen.

I like my phone and my service, but, I also want what other people want and that is features that were specific to the Blackberry which makes it
    a business phone and not a social phone. (Categories and not favorites and updates that make the product better)
    07-03-13 09:26 AM
    Let's see... I pay for the device, and pay the carrier for the service, and now I need to help them market their products??!! gimme a break.
    I have a device with a faulty OS that while other carriers have fixed, VZW has failed to do so. As a consumer, I have a reasonable expectation of a certain level of performance - and so far that has not been met. I think a class action lawsuit for breach of contract is in order: VZW and BBRY.

MMDDZZ
    scorpiodsu and bintheredundat like this.
    07-03-13 09:35 AM
    Why why why? We are supposed to market Blackberry for them now? Do I get paid for it?

If I was a kid with nothing else to do (which it seems there is a lot of in this forum lately) then I guess I could do it if I had no life and had a really weird relationship with my phone brand.
    07-03-13 09:40 AM
    Let's see... I pay for the device, and pay the carrier for the service, and now I need to help them market their products??!! gimme a break.
    I have a device with a faulty OS that while other carriers have fixed, VZW has failed to do so. As a consumer, I have a reasonable expectation of a certain level of performance - and so far that has not been met. I think a class action lawsuit for breach of contract is in order: VZW and BBRY.

MMDDZZ
    If the issue is not evident from a newer link, your recourse would be with your carrier for delaying the release. And yes I agree with you. Compensation should be provided.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-03-13 09:56 AM
    Childish? You're a little touchy don't you think, over a phone.... I won't bow to your level, and name calling. This is a site for fan boys and techno geeks. Mom and Dad aren't coming here for advice on what phone they want. Numbers don't lie, and the people have spoken. If you need any reference, just look at the earnings posted this week to see what consumers think. Neither I or you can change that. And I can guarantee you, my mother is proud. I don't defend my choice of mobile device ( I have an iPhone 5 and a Z10 ), nor do I get all upset when somebody else chooses something different... Get a grip...
    There are hundreds of threads, filled with comments from plenty of moms and dads, asking for advice about purchasing a Z and Q device. Do a search, and you'll be enlightened

This is NOT a "fanboy" site. There ARE fanboys and girls here, and that's what the general section is for, but no fan can properly guide you through the proper procedure of app development, hybrid compilation and installation, device navigation, and stock forecasting, etc.

You make it very obvious, in your comments, that your knowledge is limited in things BlackBerry, and that's fine. No one knows it all. Thread lightly and with respect, because there are plenty here that know enough. Pointing out benefits and deficiencies, without resorting to personal insults is a skill that needs more development, than most of us spend spreading misinformation.

BlackBerry...I feel the CrackBerry nation and the fans could actually make an awesome community commercial for BlackBerry. To our benefit, the only thing any of us have to spend is TIME. Using our devices, whatever device you have, and shooting short clips about what we all individually know about our device, THAT compilation of shorts, edited properly, could make a great User supported commercial.

Just my 2 cents...

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:56 AM
    yeah, I pretty much agree with the childish also. there are things BB 10 does no others do, bbm/video w/ screen sharing. The OS and it's operation are also unique and efficient. you made these comments due to a bias or you are upset about something. There was nothing constructive in your comment other than to try and discredit. ie... childish
    Last edited by GvdM; 07-03-13 at 10:17 AM.
    bradu1 likes this.
    07-03-13 10:06 AM
    If the issue is not evident from a newer link, your recourse would be with your carrier for delaying the release. And yes I agree with you. Compensation should be provided.
    I guess since we have no way to tell who is telling the truth but I've read that the fixed OS was pulled due to other or added issues so if that is the case it's BBRY's issue.
    07-03-13 10:06 AM
    Just spread your enthusiasm about your Z10 or Q10 on the Internet. Review websites, tech websites, social media, etc. If we'd all do that it might just help BlackBerry a little bit. People are always more trusting towards real users than the company.

Posted via CB10
    jfunds likes this.
    07-03-13 10:16 AM
67 123