Wuaki flash movie streaming service just launched in UK works just fine on Z10 and Playbook browsers. Movie selection is equal or better than Netflix. Subscription is half the price. They have lots of Disney movies for the family. Wuaki is part of the group which runs Play.com Technical quality is top notch.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 11:07 PM
    Good for those folks in the UK, terrible for anyone else since it is region restricted. Aside from that, there is lots of stuff that works.. let's be honest here, a quick search can find just about anything that's on Netflix somewhere else on the web but that's not really the point ultimately.

A showing from Netflix would help wash away the 'no apps' concern. That's all it really breaks down to. I've had Netflix on my Android and iOS devices for years, never use it. it's the fact that should I want to, it's not available on BlackBerry 10.
    xanderten50 and TNNurse like this.
    07-02-13 11:18 PM
    Well I have been using sideloaded Netflix 1.8 on my Z10 for the last two months to watch movies on my TV via hdmi link. I can't understand why it is such a big deal. Netflix encoding seems to be poor even in my PC browser with poor lip sync with dialogue. Matter of fact, I have just cancelled my Netflix subscription for that reason. Wuaki TV seems much better. I also gave up trying to get Netflix working on my Android 4.2.2 TV box.

Posted via CB10
    xanderten50 likes this.
    07-03-13 12:10 AM
    Actually looks pretty good :-) worth a look anyway! Plus there's an offer for 50% off 2 movie purchases.
    There may still be hope for my playbook after all ;-)
    07-03-13 03:47 AM