Gmail with 2-step verification turned on signs me out of either (or all) of Gmail, Google Calendar or Contacts ONCE EVERY 10 minutes or so!!!! (TO ALL THOSE WHO POST WITHOUT THINKING: I AM USING APPLICATION SPECIFIC PASSWORDS!!) This is utterly ridiculous and unacceptable! With 2-step turned off, things work fine, but no way am I giving up on that security for using the Z10! It is plain stupid to even suggest that! I am pretty sure, irrespective of whether people admit this or not, a bad gmail experience will throw away the little customers that BB has.

Also, the googletalk experience is PATHETIC! They could not update this app once to at least fix the contact loading time--which is upwards of 90 seconds on the Z10! The notification comes in, and then before you can get to the chat screen (unless you have a info-less active frame of gtalk open) the contact thinks you are out of bounds and gives up. It is so so frustrating! To suggest ways around as BBM or whatsapp is simply not good enough, since they do not have desktop versions, and many many people need to talk to families or friends who are on desktops or laptops!

With a sad heart, I have had to go back to my Android device, as without a decent google experience (I am not asking for an entire suite, but a working gmail, gcalendar and gcontacts WITH 2-step verification active, and a fast gtalk app) BB will lose more customers like me, who were initially very hopeful about the success of such a nice operating system.

They spend bucks showing Alicia Keys playing the piano; I have yet to figure out how that remotely relates to the blackberry brand as far as selling phones are concerned! But no effort to improve the google experience on the phones, which is a complete deal breaker for many! (I also remember Chris Umiastowski mention the bad gmail experience in the recent crackberry podcast as one of the things BB needs to urgently fix)
    Last edited by dilseayan; 07-02-13 at 06:29 PM.
    07-02-13 05:42 PM
    i use 2factor for google account and i got no problems. you obviously forgot to use your application-specific password
    i would post the instructions on how-to but your obviously dont bother reading google doubt you would bother reading this

Let me google that for you

flame on!
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    07-02-13 05:57 PM
    Uhm... you're talking about Google and security in the same sentence? Are pigs flying over snow banks in hell?

Sorry for my poor attempt at humor.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 06:04 PM
    If I were so ignorant as to not know that application specific passwords are needed for 2-step verification, I would not be posting this. This kind of derisive mentality of fanboys is what stalls progress! Denial! It may be working for you, but you are not the only one! The fact that I am experiencing it (and I am hardly a technically challenged as you seem to think!) is not something that is to be dismissed with disdain as you seem to do!
    Spykedjadedragon likes this.
    07-02-13 06:16 PM
    I am using Gmail and GTalk. I have two step authentication enabled, and I have had no problems. GTalk loading time on my Z10 is fine.

Maybe your device had a problem.
    07-02-13 06:33 PM
    What the hell is 2 step verification?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 07:00 PM
    Hi, I'm having an issue with Gmail 2 step verification signing me out every ten minutes. Also, I'm having a problem with Google Talk taking a long time to load. Any ideas?
    Fixed that for you....
    Guyzer, bradu1 and yotowoti like this.
    07-02-13 07:08 PM
    Setup device specific fixed passwords you silly person you

YOU are using Google 2 factor WRONG otherwise
    07-02-13 08:45 PM
    I use 2 factor with no problems, doesn't matter if it is on wifi or cell network.
    Make sure it's not working on your cell network because I've seen issues with Wifi routers and ISPs doing weird things.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:21 PM
    Because of the password issues with Gmail on my Z10, I moved to Outlook.com. No regrets...

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:24 PM
    I also use 2-step verification on Gmail and haven't had any issues. I did however, have some issues setting up Google Music through the Go music app, the password I was being assigned for the app wasn't working. Eventually, deleting and installing the app again fixed it.

Maybe you can try deleting the email account on your Z10 and adding it again?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:28 PM
    Don't worry guys, instead of trying to fix his problem which is either a configuration or routing/isp problem, he has decided to ditch the phone entirely and rant about it on here without taking any advice.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:32 PM
    No issues with two step authentication on Gmail (9810, PlayBook and Z10). Not to say that there isn't a bug out there that affects some users. Make sure you are running the latest OS. If all fails, you might also try a security wipe to go back to an out-of-box state.
    07-02-13 09:32 PM
    Why do we need 2-step on Gmail? I use IMAP only with no 2-step and have no issues at all...except for the stupid "All mail" folder where deleted items from my BB end up...
    07-02-13 09:56 PM
    I use app specific passwords for my Gmail Cal and cards. Sorry your having issues. I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 10:15 PM
    Sorry you are haing an issue. I have used 2 step verification with app specific passwords on all my BlackBerrys every since Google introduced it -- including on my Z10. Never encountered any issues so far.

Can't speak to GoogleTalk as I do not use that.
    07-02-13 10:24 PM