App Name: Safe Browse

Summary:
    There is a lot of great and educational content on the web. However, there is also equally, if not more bad sites on the web that is not suitable for our children to experience. Safe Browse makes it easy to keep your children free of these harmful websites that can influence them in a negative way. This app gives you a lot of control to monitor your child's activity on the Internet and restrict exactly what websites they can browse.

Safe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-11247589.pngSafe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-11247590.pngSafe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-11247592.pngSafe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-11247595.pngSafe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-11247598.pngSafe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-11247599.png
    Safe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-11247600.pngSafe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-11247602.pngSafe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-11247603.png
    Safe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-11247604.pngSafe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-11247608.png

Instructions:
    1) Enable BlackBerry 10 Parental controls (see instructions below).
    2) Make sure you disable the Browser in BlackBerry 10 Parental Controls.
    3) Go into the Safe Browse app settings and log in.
    4) Choose the browsing mode you want to allow for your child. For example, you might want to restrict your child to only access certain domains which you know are safe and block all other ones (so choose Controlled), or you might want to give your child more freedom and browse all websites except the ones you know are bad (so choose 'Controlled').
    5) Make sure you set a homepage that is not blocked!
    6) That's it. Your child should now be able to browse safely!

Link to BlackBerry World Listing:
    BlackBerry World - Safe Browse

Price: $1.99
    Last edited by canadainc; 07-27-14 at 01:26 PM. Reason: updated price
    07-02-13 04:20 PM
    Looks good it will be great if you can add category like k9 browser

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:45 PM
    Looks good it will be great if you can add category like k9 browser

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have never used K9 browser, could you explain in a bit more detail what you mean by the "Add Category" use case?
    07-02-13 04:50 PM
    Thanks for the fast reply please look at this link
    http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

If you need more information please reply

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:56 PM
    Thanks for the fast reply please look at this link
    K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filter and Parental Control Software | Free Internet Filtering and Parental Controls Software

If you need more information please reply

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for that. I browsed the product description, but still could not find any details about the Category use case. Could you briefly describe your experience with it and the concept of it and I can send it off to the development team so they can try to work out something into the app?
    07-02-13 10:33 PM
    Product Features | K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filter and Parental Control Software
    It works great on desktop. would love for something like it to be included for mobile version.

Would your developer be doing anything similar for windows phone?

Thanks
    canadainc likes this.
    07-04-13 01:00 PM
    Product Features | K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filter and Parental Control Software
    It works great on desktop. would love for something like it to be included for mobile version.

Would your developer be doing anything similar for windows phone?

Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I forwarded the K9 filtering website information to our developers and they they confirmed that they will be looking at putting some of the features in an upcoming update.

As for development on Windows Phone, currently there are no plans on going to that platform. Our team is dedicated to BlackBerry and BB10 OS .
    07-07-13 08:31 PM
    Thanks hope you will have it fast

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 06:46 PM
    v1.2.0.0 submitted to BlackBerry world pending approval. It contains several security fixes, bug fixes and features:
    • Issue 1 : Integrate app with Canada Inc Library.
    • Issue 2 : Support https protocol.
    • Issue 3 : Websites with multiple periods in the URL do not work.
    • Issue 4: Add support for filtering only blocked sites in the log.
    • Issue 5: Add invocation target.
    • Issue 6 : After refreshing a blocked site we end up at the app level directory.
    • Issue 7: General software refactoring & performance improvements.

Full change log here:
    https://code.google.com/p/safe-browse/wiki/ChangeLog
    10-10-13 11:24 PM
    v1.2.0.0 is now live on BlackBerry World.
    10-14-13 11:53 AM
    Why didn't I see this sooner? I will be checking this out tonight.

I like what I hear about being committed to Blackberry 10, and you can bet I will be selling quite a few copies of this for you if this is the case and it really works, as there is nobody else out there that appears to be filling this void, and many people ask me about it. Thanks, and good luck with it.

EDIT: I would like to echo the thought about the use of categories like K9 and other internet filters. This is because it is absolutely impossible to enter in manually all the bad websites, that list must be maintained by professionals. I would gladly pay a subscription fee if that was necessary.

The key is to choose a filtering database that is up-to-date and well categorized. There are internet filters out there that are greatly lacking in this area, and there are others that really shine. K9 has one of the best filtering databases out there in my opinion. If the filtering database leaves a lot of bad stuff available than the filter is worse than useless because you think you can trust it and its not doing the job.

This app will be useful however for allowing only specific websites.
    11-12-13 05:30 PM
    Also looking for the category option

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 06:59 PM
    Why didn't I see this sooner? I will be checking this out tonight.

I like what I hear about being committed to Blackberry 10, and you can bet I will be selling quite a few copies of this for you if this is the case and it really works, as there is nobody else out there that appears to be filling this void, and many people ask me about it. Thanks, and good luck with it.

EDIT: I would like to echo the thought about the use of categories like K9 and other internet filters. This is because it is absolutely impossible to enter in manually all the bad websites, that list must be maintained by professionals. I would gladly pay a subscription fee if that was necessary.

The key is to choose a filtering database that is up-to-date and well categorized. There are internet filters out there that are greatly lacking in this area, and there are others that really shine. K9 has one of the best filtering databases out there in my opinion. If the filtering database leaves a lot of bad stuff available than the filter is worse than useless because you think you can trust it and its not doing the job.

This app will be useful however for allowing only specific websites.
    The new update now has a "Keyword" filter. So you can enter some keywords that you want blocked, and if they show up in the Title of the web pages, they will automatically get blocked.
    07-27-14 01:22 PM
    Safe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-img_20140727_134510.pngSafe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-img_20140727_134552.pngSafe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-img_20140727_134615.png

v2.0 has been submitted to BlackBerry World and is now awaiting approval:

* Issue 1 Integrate app with Canada Inc Library
    * Issue 8 App cannot open PDF links
    * Issue 10 user gets a failed to open page
    * Issue 19 Allow displaying multiple tabs
    * Issue 20 Improve startup performance
    * Issue 21 Allow clearing cache
    * Issue 23 Implement 10.3 signature actions
    * Issue 24 Integrate with Canada Inc tutorial API
    * Issue 25 Update assets
    * Issue 26 Integrate validator API into password field
    * Issue 27 Refresh guardian login flow
    * Issue 28 If there are a lot of entries in the blocked list it the fade transition can take a long time
    * Issue 29 Implement placeholders when lists are empty
    * Issue 30 Add icons for all toasts
    * Issue 31 First letter is capitalized when entering addresses in dialog
    * Issue 32 Implement video tutorial
    * Issue 33 Implement log collection during bug report
    * Issue 34 Implement new About title bar in help page
    * Issue 35 Move all logic to native code
    * Issue 36 Implement Safe Run mode
    * Issue 37 Support blocking websites by keywords in title
    * Issue 38 Sort log most recent to least recent
    * Issue 39 Implement 10.1 keyboard shortcuts
    * Issue 40 Allow pin to homescreen feature
    * Issue 41 Hook into native search framework
    * Issue 42 Don't fire unnecessary change events when updating settings
    * Issue 43 If guardian already logged in save the session until app restart
    * Issue 44 If a website is set as homepage in Controlled mode also whitelist it
    * Issue 45 Allow unblocking multiple sites at the same time
    * Issue 46 Validate permissions

Safe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-img_20140727_134826.pngSafe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-img_20140727_135121.pngSafe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-img_20140727_135152.pngSafe Browse: Control the websites your kids go to on your BB10 device!-img_20140727_135312.png

Full change log:
    https://code.google.com/p/safe-browse/wiki/ChangeLog

Video tutorial:
    07-27-14 01:25 PM
    Thank you for your great work. Is there a demo version to try out before purchasing?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 01:58 PM
    I bought this app, but it needs to be updated in several ways:

1) when scrolling, the bar should disappear.

2) sites that are pinned to the home screen should be able to open individually. As it is now, if you have one link open and select a second one, it will replace the first.

3) in the "controlled" setting, enable in-site blocking. I.E. If I enabled www.google.com but don't want to have www.google.com/googlevoice/about... enabled. in the current version it will be allowed because it is beginning with google.com

Looking forward.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 07:42 PM