The contacts on my Z10 are a mess. I need to delete them ALL. Then I can do a one-way synchronization from Outlook to the Z10 using BB Link. But now each time I do the one-way it just adds duplicates.

Is there anyway I can delete ALL of the contacts in Z10?

Or do I have to do them one at a time. There are several hundred in my phone from all the duplicated and multiple sourced contacts that are in there.

I am running OS 10.1.0.2342
    Last edited by jgrobertson; 07-02-13 at 03:23 PM.
    07-02-13 02:27 PM
    Hi jgrobertson,

You can certainly delete them all at once, but how to do that will depend on what kind of contacts they are. Are they synced from a cloud? are they local contacts on the device? are they on the sim card?
    07-02-13 02:31 PM
    Hi jgrobertson,

You can certainly delete them all at once, but how to do that will depend on what kind of contacts they are. Are they synced from a cloud? are they local contacts on the device? are they on the sim card?
    They are all synced from Outlook. Some seem to have come from my LinkedIn and Twitter accounts, I guess. I turned those off in settings. I copied contacts to the SIM card with hopes I could delete them there but I have not been able to see them looking at the card as a drive in Windows. I think they are now on both the SIM card and the device. Further only some found their way onto the SIM card when I choose to view only SIM contacts.

I am running Leaked OS 10.1.0.2342
    07-02-13 03:20 PM
    Re-verify all your accounts linked in the Hub and uncheck the contacts checkbox but first decide which account you want to keep for your phone. Or you can choose group, group shows only the contacts saved on that group. Ex. FB, Twitter, Outlook, etc. Filtering.

Posted via...
    07-02-13 04:32 PM
    Ok, to delete the local contacts go to settings and then to the accounts menu. Tap the overflow menu (3 dots, bottom right) there you will see an option to clear local contacts.

How to delete ALL contacts in Z10-img_00000628.png

To delete the sim card contacts open the contacts app, swipe down from the top, go to settings, scroll to the bottom and clock manage sim card contacts. From there you will see select all at the bottom and then delete at the top.

How to delete ALL contacts in Z10-img_00000629.png

Posted via CB10
    jgrobertson likes this.
    07-02-13 04:32 PM
    I did exactly as you suggested. I hit the clear local contact option, and it asked me if I was sure, I hit "clear" and nothing happened. Any idea what's going on?
    07-09-13 02:33 PM
    Turn off sharing on all accounts - inluding SIM card.
    Download Contact X from blackberry world
    do a backup of the contacts if you wish.
    Use Contact X to delete the contacts
    Reload the contacts from the saved file you created (if you wish)
    Do not turn back on sharing of contacts.

I did this and have never had a problem with my contact list again.
    I back up the contact list through Contact X if things change dramatically so that I have a back up if I need it... so far NO duplicates anymore!
    07-09-13 03:42 PM
    I signed into vzw and deleted contacts from there.....then sync to phone....should work...
    07-09-13 03:49 PM