A third party Instagram app, and a third party Vine app with full functionality. What developer is going to sac up and violate the api or whatever and bring us our Instance app.

WHO'S IT GONNA BE!!!

Who wants to be able own an M5 in a month!?!?....lol

Attachment 178329
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-02-13 01:05 PM
    I'm sure there's plenty of devs that would take the opportunity if it was a sure thing, but there's a good chance the apps would be pulled from BB World.

Just look what happened to this guy who tried to make a WhatsApp app, BB was even helping him out....
    Latest entries
    07-02-13 01:10 PM
    I'm sure there's plenty of devs that would take the opportunity if it was a sure thing, but there's a good chance the apps would be pulled from BB World.

Just look what happened to this guy who tried to make a WhatsApp app, BB was even helping him out....
    Latest entries
    We need a Dev to stand up and say.....YES WE CAN!!

If instance is allowed, then we should be too! Make it happen devs!

LETS ROCK AND ROLL THIS!

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    07-02-13 01:54 PM
    TO THE DEVS I SAY!

[YT]JZctCxAmzDs[/YT]
    07-02-13 03:11 PM

LETS ROCK AND ROLL THIS!

I agree about the instance thing. I'd like that app on BlackBerry as well

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 03:17 PM

LETS ROCK AND ROLL THIS!

Sorry. But I hate the rock n roll thing. Outdated. Thor probably says grovey too.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-02-13 03:53 PM
    Sorry. But I hate the rock n roll thing. Outdated. Thor probably says grovey too.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Noted..... any opinions on my super serious troy youtube clip?.....is it outdated too?

07-02-13 06:01 PM
    Who's going to take the damn M5?!
    07-02-13 06:19 PM
    Who's going to take the damn M5?!
    Exactly!....Who wants this bad boy!?!?
    Who's gonna nut up and make...-2013-07-02-16.31.25.png

SDTRMG likes this.
    07-02-13 06:32 PM
    nobody wants to get sued by people with billions of dollars. good luck in your endeavor.
    07-02-13 07:12 PM
    nobody wants to get sued by people with billions of dollars. good luck in your endeavor.
    If instagram isn't threatening instance....then they clearly dont care. Devs got to sac up and take my money....who wants my money!?

Who's gonna nut up and make...-1-million_27.jpg

magsasaka and SDTRMG like this.
    07-02-13 08:07 PM
    Well you seem really enthusiastic for sure. Hahaha. Anyway, I kinda agree with you. WP has instance, instagraph ( for instagram) and viner and 6 seconds (for vine). So perhaps somebody can step up and make similar apps while we wait for the official apps to come. (if ever)
    jayemmbee and SDTRMG like this.
    07-03-13 08:31 AM
    I heard vine APIs are open for 3rd party devs. Not sure how open it is though.

Posted using The Z10
    07-03-13 12:39 PM
    Well you seem really enthusiastic for sure. Hahaha. Anyway, I kinda agree with you. WP has instance, instagraph ( for instagram) and viner and 6 seconds (for vine). So perhaps somebody can step up and make similar apps while we wait for the official apps to come. (if ever)
    Exactly!!!!....DIS MOFO knows what im talkin' bout!.....lets do dis people

07-03-13 03:34 PM
    I heard vine APIs are open for 3rd party devs. Not sure how open it is though.

Posted using The Z10
    Someone find this out!!

07-03-13 03:34 PM
    There's (currently) no official api for Vine, but there are people out there who have played around with hacking one together.

Twitter doesn't have great support for devs using their official api's, so I imagine a nice vine app on BB10 would quickly get shut down by either BlackBerry, or the dev after Twitter contacts them (My opinion). So I don't feel it's worth my time, when I have other apps I want to work on. If they release an official api, then I'm sure a dozen devs will have apps out in no time.

As for instagram, aside from the constant threat of possibly getting shut down, I would just rather not support a service that doesn't support developers. I'd sooner make a Flickr app using their official apis than an instagram app using an unofficial one. To their credit, they do offer an api that gives some access, but obviously not enough to make a full fledged replacement.

That being said, unofficial api's are a pain to maintain, and carry a lot of risk. Instagram can change something here or there that could potentially break the dev's app. So what happens then? A bunch of 1-2 star reviews before the dev even realizes what happened, and then they're stuck trying to fix the issue, with no support from Instagram (or vine, or whoever).

And what happens if they can't fix it? They'll have a bunch of angry users wanting their money back.

I've got nothing but respect for dev's who take the time to try and fill that app hole with unofficial workarounds, but as already mentioned the OpenWhatsApp situation can easily happen with other services.

Edit: This is all really just my opinion. Other developers might not share the same concerns as me, or they might not see them as big of a deal as I do. Just sharing my thoughts.
    Last edited by FortyTwoApps; 07-03-13 at 04:14 PM.
    trynacu2 likes this.
    07-03-13 04:03 PM
    There's (currently) no official api for Vine, but there are people out there who have played around with hacking one together.

Twitter doesn't have great support for devs using their official api's, so I imagine a nice vine app on BB10 would quickly get shut down by either BlackBerry, or the dev after Twitter contacts them (My opinion). So I don't feel it's worth my time, when I have other apps I want to work on. If they release an official api, then I'm sure a dozen devs will have apps out in no time.

As for instagram, aside from the constant threat of possibly getting shut down, I would just rather not support a service that doesn't support developers. I'd sooner make a Flickr app using their official apis than an instagram app using an unofficial one. To their credit, they do offer an api that gives some access, but obviously not enough to make a full fledged replacement.

That being said, unofficial api's are a pain to maintain, and carry a lot of risk. Instagram can change something here or there that could potentially break the dev's app. So what happens then? A bunch of 1-2 star reviews before the dev even realizes what happened, and then they're stuck trying to fix the issue, with no support from Instagram (or vine, or whoever).

And what happens if they can't fix it? They'll have a bunch of angry users wanting their money back.

I've got nothing but respect for dev's who take the time to try and fill that app hole with unofficial workarounds, but as already mentioned the OpenWhatsApp situation can easily happen with other services.

Edit: This is all really just my opinion. Other developers might not share the same concerns as me, or they might not see them as big of a deal as I do. Just sharing my thoughts.
    Way to kill the vibe bro....

magsasaka likes this.
    07-04-13 08:40 AM
    Way to kill the vibe bro....

Sorry.

Bumping this because what I ranted about essentially just happened to Instance:

Instagram deleting and blocking photos uploaded from third-party Windows Phone app (update) | The Verge

TL;DR: Instagram changed their API to prevent spam (probably because of that smoothie thing) and now third party dev's are scrambling to get their apps working again.
    07-30-13 11:03 AM
    Sorry.

Bumping this because what I ranted about essentially just happened to Instance:

Instagram deleting and blocking photos uploaded from third-party Windows Phone app (update) | The Verge

TL;DR: Instagram changed their API to prevent spam (probably because of that smoothie thing) and now third party dev's are scrambling to get their apps working again.
    Ya true that. Im sure Daniel Gary will find a way around it again tho.

07-30-13 11:14 AM