Hey all, I am hoping you guys can help! A little while ago I went to swipe up and turn on my screen, but it didn't work. My phone is turned off and won't turn back on. I have pulled the battery, still nothing, and the red light doesn't turn on either. I tried holding the power button for atleast 30 seconds and that doesn't work. When I plug it in none of the lights come on either. I've been using the phone today with no problem, the only thing different is I updated WhatsApp and another app called SpeedDial. Other than that, nothing out of the usual at all. I'm on verizon running stock OS. I know I can call VZW and they will probably send me a replacement, but I really want to get powered on so I can backup my data!

Any help is super appreciated!
    07-02-13 12:58 PM
    What was your battery charge before it shut off?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:38 PM
    I don't know exactly what it was, but estimate atleast 60%
    07-02-13 02:44 PM
    Try with an different battery...

Send with my BlackBerry Z10
    07-02-13 03:06 PM
    Take the battery out plug the phone in the charger, put the battery back in and start up the phone.
    This happened one day to me, but it wasn't a app issue. Phone just wouldn't turn on and the battery wasn't even dead. I did the above hoping my phone wasn't a defect and it came right back on.

Let me know what happens.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 03:35 PM
    Hi, I went to the local Verizon (Authorized reseller) and got a new battery to try and no luck...

93Aero, I also tried what you mentioned, took battery out, plugged in phone, inserted battery again, but still nothing.

For what its worth, I've had this phone since the day it came out on Verizon, so I don't think its a manufacturing defect since I haven't experienced it before.

Other other tips before I have VZW send me a new one?
    07-02-13 03:58 PM
    You could try reinstalling the os using an autoloader or link

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:05 PM
    Geez sorry guy, just knew it'd work since I had the same thing occur.
    Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:08 PM
    EDIT- was the new battery charged when you got it?

Could be a calibration issue with the battery where it was showing more charge than it had...in which case, maybe, stack charging could solve your issue
    Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:14 PM
    You could try reinstalling the os using an autoloader or link

Posted via CB10
    Hi can you explain a little more about how I could try with an auto loader? Maybe link to a certain thread?

I'm mostly bummed because I didn't have a backup and there is a ton of data on the internal memory card that I'm going to lose.
    07-02-13 05:07 PM
    EDIT- was the new battery charged when you got it?

Could be a calibration issue with the battery where it was showing more charge than it had...in which case, maybe, stack charging could solve your issue
    Posted via CB10
    I can only assume that the battery they tried was fully charged but I can't say for certain since they messed with it behind the counter. Can u explain what stacked charging is and how I can do it?
    07-02-13 05:09 PM
    I can only assume that the battery they tried was fully charged but I can't say for certain since they messed with it behind the counter. Can u explain what stacked charging is and how I can do it?
    Stack charging involves plugging it in to charge for 30 minutes and then unplugging it for 30 minutes...repeat this cycle for about 8 hours unless it comes on sooner...

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:17 PM
    Hi can you explain a little more about how I could try with an auto loader? Maybe link to a certain thread?

I'm mostly bummed because I didn't have a backup and there is a ton of data on the internal memory card that I'm going to lose.
    If stack charging doesn't work, I will provide a link to a solid 10.1 os...

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:18 PM
    Curious as to whether this solved your issue?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:20 AM
    Hi, the stack charging didn't work, I kept pace with it religiously. My most important goal right now is to somehow be able to retreive some data from the internal storage, but without getting it to turn on I'm at a loss. If you can explain the 10.1 autoloader thing and think that might help, I'm willing to try anything at this point.
    07-03-13 11:30 AM

One thing I haven't seen on the Z10 that was on the legacy devices is 'safely remove memory card'. Now I might be wrong and please others step in if I am, but if the safely remove bit isn't there then that suggests that you could just take the memory card out...then out it in an adapter and into the PC USB and get all your stuff onto the PC.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:37 AM
    If you have USB mass storage enabled then you should be able to connect to a pc and transfer files... wait on the autoloader until after you try this as autoloader will erase the phone

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:41 AM
    Here is a link with instructions for a stable 10.1 build that is pretty recent...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=820487

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:46 AM
    And here is a link to the discussion surrounding the latest 10.2 leak in case it is released as it has Jelly Bean Android support along with enhancements...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=824788

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:48 AM
    One thing I haven't seen on the Z10 that was on the legacy devices is 'safely remove memory card'. Now I might be wrong and please others step in if I am, but if the safely remove bit isn't there then that suggests that you could just take the memory card out...then out it in an adapter and into the PC USB and get all your stuff onto the PC.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't even have a memory card installed, everything was on internal storage Will NEVER do that again!
    07-03-13 11:55 AM
    Here is a link with instructions for a stable 10.1 build that is pretty recent...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=820487

Posted via CB10
    I tried the link for verizon which took me to Mega, but it says the file is no longer available. Dang it!
    russworman likes this.
    07-03-13 11:57 AM
    I tried the link for verizon which took me to Mega, but it says the file is no longer available. Dang it!
    Didn't mean to like that...will teach me to type with dirty fingers... there is another way, but, it is more involved and you can pick the os number if you know what you are doing...

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 06:39 PM
    Here is a link for a program xSacha made that will help you... I have no experience with this method, but, it will work

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 06:42 PM