I was just wondering what some of you think all the bad news from Friday will have on app developers for the Z10, Q10 and other devices. Any concern that they might be reluctant to put the time a d resources into BB apps given all the concerns expressed following the quarterly results? I am thinking this may not be good....
    07-02-13 11:51 AM
    Moved to Developer Hangout
    07-24-13 06:25 PM
    No impact here.

Business as usual. Except for Unity which means more games and better games. So in hindsight I suppose positive impact this month.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-24-13 10:10 PM
    To be honest, I don't know yet.
    Numbers were poor, very poor.
    I've put out a few niche apps that have no equivalent in BB World, and to be honest, I've been disappointed by sales up to this point.

I've stopped all new BB10 development for now, but am not ruling out continuing in the future, if things ever begin to look up.
    I've still got several new apps in the works, but what will likely end up happening is them being released on other platforms first, then bringing them to BB10 in the future, when/if the installed base is at a reasonable level.

It doesn't really hurt me financially since I only do this as a hobby, but I know some developers who have done a complete 180 and will be dropping all BB10 development. Some mentioned that they'd likely just take the Android porting route, so that the apps would still be available, but others have completely sworn off the platform.
    07-25-13 02:08 PM
    My app sales are on target. And still about 10x their volume from Android.

But BlackBerry is my peeps and where I prefer to build so not surprised.

The only developer I've seen quit is only selling flashlight apps and one button settings launchers - so... I'm OK with that.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-25-13 07:45 PM
    I am not making any changes to developing on BlackBerry. Currently I am only developing for BB 10 but expect to port my apps to iOS and Android in the fall. Although my apps are niche business apps, I would still develop for BlackBerry 10 if I develop a more commercial app simply because such an app would be drowned in Apples and Androids app stores. We should not forget that we only had one quarter of BlackBerry 10 sales. Hopefully in a years time we will have at least 10 million BlackBerry 10 devices out there.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    07-28-13 10:56 AM
    App making is a time investment. We get paid back slowly

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-28-13 12:08 PM
    I think that BlackBerry 10 is an amazing platform to develop for, no matter what WallStreet's quarterly result opinions are
    08-29-13 02:24 PM