Evans used hard numbers to support his simple point:

�Blackberry had disappointing results � and the stock collapsed by over half at one point in the day,� Evans wrote. �The new BB10 phones are selling OK but not great. There�s nothing exactly wrong with BB10 (though it appears to be pretty buggy), but why would you develop for it when iOS has 400m live devices and Android over 800m? It�s irrelevant.
    07-02-13 09:56 AM
    Link?

Reason issue because you have a popular app that would make money on bb10 like angry birds.

Posted via CB10
    FSeverino likes this.
    07-02-13 10:19 AM
    Sad to say it's from BGR

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 10:23 AM
    Thats not me by the way! IM just Evan not Evans. LOL
    fedakd likes this.
    07-02-13 10:25 AM
    Evans used hard numbers to support his simple point:

“Blackberry had disappointing results – and the stock collapsed by over half at one point in the day,” Evans wrote. “The new BB10 phones are selling OK but not great. There’s nothing exactly wrong with BB10 (though it appears to be pretty buggy), but why would you develop for it when iOS has 400m live devices and Android over 800m? It’s irrelevant.
    In the world markets BlackBerry is seen as the laughing stock of the smartphone industry. Investors and Analyst see BBRY being the 3rd or 4th device manufacture, never reclaiming their number one or two position ever again. I tend to agree with them with the lack of responsiveness from BBRY with respect to the issues with the Z10 which are on going. No one from BlackBerry has publicly said that they are aware of the problem and they were working hard to resolve them.
    07-02-13 10:31 AM
    I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond rather than a guppy in the ocean.

99% of apps on iOS and Android are pretty pathetic or pale imitations of a leader. If you win the app lottery you may score some kind of success, but even then, how do you actually make MONEY at it when the pressure is to deliver free apps?

I'd like one, just ONE of these analysts to interview the vendors of apps #1000-1010 on the apps popularity list and ask THEM if it was worth it.

The problem is, you can't even SEE those apps: they only show up to 200... so if you're not in the 200, your app will only even be found because of a search and a really dedicated user trying to find your app. If you want your app to be found, you'd better be willing to spend a lot of money on marketing outside of iTunes, because no one will see it otherwise.

Analysts are meant to explain things in simple terms, but they most often oversimplify the analysis and leave out important factors... which means they're pretty much not great at their jobs, when they don't say which factors they consider less relevant or irrelevant to analysis. It's like they only look at one thing and don't explain why other factors aren't important.

At some point, it's just noise.
    Mr.Conviviality and georg22 like this.
    07-02-13 10:42 AM
    I agree with lorax1284. The download numbers of my BB10 apps are not bad at all. When an app gets the Built for BB label, it is automatically very visible. I think when more than 10 million BB10s are in the wild at the end of year, developers can earn some mony without any pain. Therefore i will not leave the platform right now.
    The only thing which worries me is a possible buyout or BB stops hardware business, when a downward spiral begins now. Bad press -> less developer -> less apps -> less customers -> less hardware sales -> stock down -> bad press....
    07-02-13 01:22 PM
    In the world markets BlackBerry is seen as the laughing stock of the smartphone industry. Investors and Analyst see BBRY being the 3rd or 4th device manufacture, never reclaiming their number one or two position ever again. I tend to agree with them with the lack of responsiveness from BBRY with respect to the issues with the Z10 which are on going. No one from BlackBerry has publicly said that they are aware of the problem and they were working hard to resolve them.
    You have to be #3 before you are #1

If anyone can tell me what the dominant technology will be in 5 years, I'll give you all my money to manage for me..

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:25 PM
    If anyone can tell me what the dominant technology will be in 5 years, I'll give you all my money to manage for me..
    Cowbells.

Now hand it over.

;-)
    07-02-13 04:12 PM
    Cowbells.

Now hand it over.

;-)
    If the pet rock made millions, cowbells are not a stretch.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-02-13 08:18 PM