So we had quite a beating from couple of days or so.

Hopefully BlackBerry has learnt the feedback as well as the feeling of being more aggressive.

Should we or can we hope to get a 10.2 update quite early than the initial date planned?

I'm am just a bit hopeful on this.

Like 10.1 MR update by mid July and 10.2 gold by 10th august with final release by 1st week of September (A10 announcement likely to create hype for holiday season).

Isn't it cool?

Posted via CB10
    SubCamp and epark88 like this.
    07-02-13 07:57 AM
    Yeah, let's hope for that.

Pulkit Kamal a proud Z10 owner. 24F40D3B
    07-02-13 08:00 AM
    Yeah, let's hope for that.
    You answered your own thread? Cool *lol* I agree with you though; we can only hope.
    07-02-13 08:05 AM

Hopefully BlackBerry has learnt the feedback as well as the feeling of being more aggressive.

Should we or can we hope to get a 10.2 update quite early than the initial date planned?

Like 10.1 MR update by mid July and 10.2 gold by 10th august with final release by 1st week of September (A10 announcement likely to create hype for holiday season).

Isn't it cool?

Posted via CB10

Don't know where you dig these dates, but, FYI, they are not correct - specially regarding 10.2!!
    07-02-13 08:05 AM
    Don't know where you dig these dates, but, FYI, they are not correct - specially regarding 10.2!!
    Didn't get these dates from any source but out of curiosity, thought of them.

Yeah they are not the intended dates. Only a hope from a BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:09 AM
    You answered your own thread? Cool *lol* I agree with you though; we can only hope.
    We can also pray
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-02-13 10:34 AM

Isn't it cool?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. That will be cool. Release an update that isn't finished yet and may have problems. That will convince everybody that BB is back in the game.

Here are the roadmaps.

https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...nload/roadmap/

https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...loads/roadmap/
    07-02-13 10:35 AM
    Hey guys. Just so you know, a lot of things are also getting fixed. For example, I have a Bluetooth device that I used to not be able to control the volume from my Z10 (and another which worked just fine). I just installed the leak 2354 and Bam, I can now control the volume from the Z10's media buttons. Great to see things getting fixed so quickly and I'm glad it's so easy to install leaked OSes.
    clareberry likes this.
    07-02-13 10:38 AM
    Yeah. That will be cool. Release an update that isn't finished yet and may have problems. That will convince everybody that BB is back in the game.

Here are the roadmaps.

https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...nload/roadmap/

https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...loads/roadmap/
    Thanks for these, proper expectation management. I can't believe they are wasting their time and resources on developing an altimeter. I have scoured the pages of this forum looking at where the demand is from the public of what they'd like to see and I have never ever seen the word altimeter once. For goodness sake these people need to stop behaving like geeks and look at what people are asking for, don't give them what you think they want when there's free market research to be had here. A flaming altimeter. I'm lost for words.
    kbz1960, cbzeduser and Mecca EL like this.
    07-02-13 11:33 AM
    Hey guys. Just so you know, a lot of things are also getting fixed. For example, I have a Bluetooth device that I used to not be able to control the volume from my Z10 (and another which worked just fine). I just installed the leak 2354 and Bam, I can now control the volume from the Z10's media buttons. Great to see things getting fixed so quickly and I'm glad it's so easy to install leaked OSes.
    Not sure what you were on before, but the BT media thing was fixed with the 10.1 release for me.
    07-02-13 11:39 AM
    Thanks for these, proper expectation management. I can't believe they are wasting their time and resources on developing an altimeter. I have scoured the pages of this forum looking at where the demand is from the public of what they'd like to see and I have never ever seen the word altimeter once. For goodness sake these people need to stop behaving like geeks and look at what people are asking for, don't give them what you think they want when there's free market research to be had here. A flaming altimeter. I'm lost for words.
    Weather apps are popular. Now you have thermometer and pressure gauge in your pocket. Think of it as a barometer.
    07-02-13 12:36 PM
    Samsung has an altimeter.
    07-02-13 04:34 PM
    Weather apps are popular. Now you have thermometer and pressure gauge in your pocket. Think of it as a barometer.
    Er, we've got weather apps
    What do we need an altimeter or barometer for? What are users asking for "Ooh, I'd like a better signal for my next attempt up the Eiger North Face on my pogo stick". What a total waste of development resources when users are crying out for specific issues.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, cbzeduser, neefer and 1 others like this.
    07-02-13 05:37 PM
    Samsung has an altimeter.
    And how many of their users take usufruct of such an abstruse and almost Daedalean feature that borders on the nongermane it's such a minority interest.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:46 PM
    And how many of their users take usufruct of such an abstruse and almost Daedalean feature that borders on the nongermane it's such a minority interest.

Posted via CB10
    He means who the heck uses that?

Sent from the Dark Side
    07-02-13 05:49 PM
    Er, we've got weather apps
    What do we need an altimeter or barometer for? What are users asking for "Ooh, I'd like a better signal for my next attempt up the Eiger North Face on my pogo stick". What a total waste of development resources when users are crying out for specific issues.

Posted via CB10
    Is there one that reads the temperature from a sensor in your phone? That is what this is in addition to the pressure.
    07-02-13 05:58 PM
    Is there one that reads the temperature from a sensor in your phone? That is what this is in addition to the pressure.
    You mean a thermometer. Yes, that's exactly what I need, a thermometer in my trouser pocket along with a barometer, so I can see how hot my b***s get at a precise atmospheric pressure when being squeezed inappropriately. Yes, this could be the best invention since naked Twister.
    07-02-13 06:17 PM
    People have also been whining for something extraordinary from application developers, and to have BlackBerry attract developers to the platform. This is one of the examples of what BlackBerry is doing for developers and some of you spoiled brat wannabe CEOs **** and moan about it. What can you do with a barometer? Lots of things. What will people do with it, we won't find out until the API is available.

There are lots of developers at BlackBerry to fix bugs, which will happen asynchronously to new features, and to add those features.

Posted via CB10
    sergey_IL likes this.
    07-02-13 06:31 PM
    Sorry, but with BlackBerry, I know better than to get my hopes up for an earlier-than-expected or even an on-time anything.

A good way to pretend that they brought you anything early though, is to mentally push the date back to something almost unreasonable. When they said the Q10 would come "mid May," I said, "Nope. That means late June." The Q10 came to my carrier on June 5th, way past mid May, but not quite late June. BlackBerry and I were both wrong, except I'm not a billion dollar company who told people a time frame that blew by

So 10.2? I've mentally put it in mid November.
    07-02-13 08:00 PM
    you spoiled brat wannabe CEOs **** and moan about it. What can you do with a barometer? Lots of things. What will people do with it, we won't find out until the API is available.
    Posted via CB10
    Spoilt brat? How old are you? As for wanna be CEO, I have been a CEO and also a Head in one of the biggest Canadian corps. But that's all very boring.

So, there's lots that can be done with a barometer huh? I would be interested to know what could be done with the sensor other than MEASURE ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE. Duh. (Dear moderator, he insulted me first so please don't give me any naughty points for replying with a duh)

But more importantly, a brief review of Google Play shows that there is a handful of apps that use the barometer function out of around 600,000 total apps and when we drill down further the top 10 barometer apps have about 2,000 reviews from installer. Whereas eWeather HD, (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...RoZXJDbG9jayJd), which gives global barometer readings as supplied DATA among other features has got 5,596 ratings and average 4.5 stars too.

Hmmm. Which of these offerings is the most popular? Oh yeah and before we get carried away 5,600 ratings out of a 900 million Android installations is only 0.000062% of all Android users. A minority sport and absolutely NOT something that BB should really be targeting.

As I have repeatedly pointed out, of the 48 billion downloaded apps BB need to focus on the top 100 freeware first and the top 100 paid second and get them native, even if paying for the work or striking up a deal. This is about the "app POPULARITY gap", not just the "app gap", assuming of course we are serious about mass appeal.
    kbz1960 and Mecca EL like this.
    07-02-13 08:06 PM
    Spoilt brat? How old are you? As for wanna be CEO, I have been a CEO and also a Head in one of the biggest Canadian corps. But that's all very boring.
    I doubt that very much as your language and spelling are terrible. Prove it.
    07-02-13 08:22 PM
    Anyone know if 10.2 will fix my missing album art?

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    sergey_IL likes this.
    07-02-13 08:28 PM
    So, there's lots that can be done with a barometer huh? I would be interested to know what could be done with the sensor other than MEASURE ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE. Duh. (Dear moderator, he insulted me first so please don't give me any naughty points for replying with a duh)
    Someone isn't a developer obviously You do realize that these tools in the API can be used in the future with other apps, which if they are brought to other platforms with the existing capabilities, it would be yet more that BlackBerry cannot accommodate Anyway continue on thinking that they care about you using it for you b*lls... *sigh*

P.S. I CB mods!
    sergey_IL likes this.
    07-02-13 08:58 PM

But more importantly, a brief review of Google Play shows that there is a handful of apps that use the barometer function out of around 600,000 total apps and when we drill down further the top 10 barometer apps have about 2,000 reviews from installer. Whereas eWeather HD, (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...RoZXJDbG9jayJd), which gives global barometer readings as supplied DATA among other features has got 5,596 ratings and average 4.5 stars too.

Hmmm. Which of these offerings is the most popular? Oh yeah and before we get carried away 5,600 ratings out of a 900 million Android installations is only 0.000062% of all Android users. A minority sport and absolutely NOT something that BB should really be targeting.

As I have repeatedly pointed out, of the 48 billion downloaded apps BB need to focus on the top 100 freeware first and the top 100 paid second and get them native, even if paying for the work or striking up a deal. This is about the "app POPULARITY gap", not just the "app gap", assuming of course we are serious about mass appeal.
    Maybe carrying around a barometer will be boring to you. How many people really need a virtual 'bubble level' in their pocket. Or a compass. Or a gyroscope.

These sensors all provide data, which can be integrated with other data that can come from almost anywhere in the world, and synthesized into more data that just might change someone's life.

A simple barometer may have its uses for some people. But consider a barometer that can integrate the rate of change of air pressure over time and/or distance. That can combine that data with weather forecasts, watches and warnings, synthesize an advisory of impending severe weather and deliver an alert. Possible with one device? I don't know. Possible with a mesh of devices co-operating through location aware social media? I don't know. But no one will unless the APIs are made available to the people who have the knowledge and imagination to use them.

That's just off the top of my head.

I am old enough to understand what a truly amazingly powerful tool a modern smartphone that we can carry around represents. The first computer I developed for was a PDP 8e. You're right about one thing, having 10,000 developers create 10,000 skeuomorphic applications of barometers, spirit levels, compasses and altimeters isn't going to save BlackBerry. I seriously doubt they are adding the API to the altimeter just for that.
    Last edited by Richard Buckley; 07-03-13 at 07:44 AM.
    millwright40 likes this.
    07-02-13 09:39 PM
    I doubt that very much as your language and spelling are terrible. Prove it.
    That's either Microsoft's or BB's spelling correction. My handwriting is much better, when I can find a pen. And you are claiming my vernacular dexterity is wanting; through what dear squire, an excess or shortage of verbosity, overly voluble or maybe a lack of Lord Sugar's vulgarity? In any event, if I were in the habit of declaring my person then I would not have appeared here in my alter ego, the Hof.

But both statements are true. One December trip to Toronto Head Office (I was a UK Head!), had to pop out to the Waterloo office and got to see the large BB building across the road and the locals told me about the town layoffs. Nice folks and I was very sad for them. (Xperia Arc user at that time personally, company BB of course). Wow it was cold that time of year but I quite liked the Tim Horton's coffee as a warmer. The drive from Toronto to Waterloo was about 80 minutes, but we hit real bad traffic on the way back and it was more like 2 hours.

I really like Canada, except of course its full of Canadians. And if that's not bad enough one of them has come over here now and I don't know why we let him, fella named Carney or something.
    07-02-13 09:57 PM
59 123