I recently purchased the blackberry z10 and am having trouble with the connection between the z10 and my playbook. I have blackberry bridge on both and they both say they are connected however when I open blackberry bridge on the playbook the only thing in it is a read me file. I don't understand why the calendar, BBM, texts. Emails etc are not there. A year ideas
    07-01-13 08:11 PM
    I recently purchased the blackberry z10 and am having trouble with the connection between the z10 and my playbook. I have blackberry bridge on both and they both say they are connected however when I open blackberry bridge on the playbook the only thing in it is a read me file. I don't understand why the calendar, BBM, texts. Emails etc are not there. A year ideas
    bridge was cripled on blackberry 10, all you can really do is share your data connection from your z10 to playbook unfortunately

you are not doing anything wrong at all, its just the way it is
    07-01-13 08:17 PM
    Can't even share data today, I think my Playbook is dying.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:27 PM
    It's a disappointing fact we're all trying to come to terms with
    07-01-13 08:37 PM
    Thanks. That completely sucks, hope it's something they can fix.
    07-01-13 09:35 PM
    Those "shared" or Bridged apps are gone as noted. You can still use the Browser and share the phone's data. The phone can still be used as a mouse and keyboard to control the pb (Presentation mode) and some apps have a Menu item that allows Open or View on the pb.

But as noted BBRY crippled the bridge and the only thing in that folder is the readme you found. Sad but true.
    07-01-13 09:39 PM
    I hear this topic a lot in the group. This is iwhat RIM did to the bridge function when connected to a BB10 phone. If your phone is managed under the BES10 10 platform (BlackBerry. Enterprise Server) your PlayBook can also be manage. Your corporate. Email and contacts will be under the PlayBook Message and contacts, not in the bridge folder. You must have password to access your corporate data. The PlayBook File Manager will also access your phone internal storage and network shares you have setup on your phone. This this due to the BlackBerry Balance. You have access to personal and work on your tablet and phone. This will be setup by your company's BlackBerry Administrator and control of business data.
    It's a shame BlackBerry didn't make this clear. Corporate users gets great access to corporate data using the bridge but the consumers are stuck with barely nothing. I hope that's help.
    07-02-13 07:25 AM
    bridge was cripled on blackberry 10, all you can really do is share your data connection from your z10 to playbook unfortunately

you are not doing anything wrong at all, its just the way it is
    This is why I was waiting to get my Z10, when/if they fixed/restored the Bridge functions as we all new and loved. I will continue on with my Torch 9850 and PB which are running rock solid and spiffy.
    When/if one of those do fail, and BB has not restored Bridge, looks like Samsung will be getting a peek inside my wallet.........

C
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-13 09:37 AM
    I replaced my BB9800 Torch with a Z10. As it sits today, Bridge is a garbage application for both my Z10 and Playbook
    07-04-13 10:03 PM
    I replaced my BB9800 Torch with a Z10. As it sits today, Bridge is a garbage application for both my Z10 and Playbook
    While I agree with you, others still find the sharing of data and the presentation tools adequate.
    07-04-13 11:22 PM