been lurking the site and had a cool idea so id figured id share with you guys

I was thinking since samsung did the deal with Jay-Z, Blackberry should counter with a deal the same way. Drop AKeys and bring on a artist like Nas or Kendrick Lamar offer exclusive content(album/mixtape for BB10 users only) through the blackberry store for lets say 2 million users(samsung did 1 million for jay but you dont have to pay 20 you can easily pay nas 5-10 mill and kendrick 2-5 million) Personally i would say Nas because as you know he had beef wit Jay at one point play off of that and also do a series where Nas/Kendrick compares their music to different BB handsets and how BB inspires them to make music also incorporate the great features from BB10(the hub timeshift BBM Keyboard etc) With this BB can play on their strengths and what BB10 has to offer that no other OS has.

BB slogan is " keep it moving " so with the series BB can show how BB10 helps the artist(kendrick/Nas) keep it moving recording music like writing verses or feature tracks using BBM share and chat (with collabing artist or producer) , listening to a beats attached via email, or just keep up to date with the social media using twitter/facebook integration via the hub. i think this would be a dope idea and if BB did it i would get a Z10/Q10 for sure
    07-01-13 04:36 PM
    This is why you're not in the BBRY marketing dept.

Posted via CB10
    jason9900 and xxjavaxx2001 like this.
    07-01-13 04:52 PM
    been lurking the site and had a cool idea so id figured id share with you guys

I was thinking since samsung did the deal with Jay-Z, Blackberry should counter with a deal the same way. Drop AKeys and bring on a artist like Nas or Kendrick Lamar offer exclusive content(album/mixtape for BB10 users only) through the blackberry store for lets say 2 million users(samsung did 1 million for jay but you dont have to pay 20 you can easily pay nas 5-10 mill and kendrick 2-5 million) Personally i would say Nas because as you know he had beef wit Jay at one point play off of that and also do a series where Nas/Kendrick compares their music to different BB handsets and how BB inspires them to make music also incorporate the great features from BB10(the hub timeshift BBM Keyboard etc) With this BB can play on their strengths and what BB10 has to offer that no other OS has.

BB slogan is " keep it moving " so with the series BB can show how BB10 helps the artist(kendrick/Nas) keep it moving recording music like writing verses or feature tracks using BBM share and chat (with collabing artist or producer) , listening to a beats attached via email, or just keep up to date with the social media using twitter/facebook integration via the hub. i think this would be a dope idea and if BB did it i would get a Z10/Q10 for sure
    They should get Drake. He's been using BlackBerry longer than those two.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 05:07 PM
    Problem is only 3.7m bb10's have been shipped. I doubt 2 million of those that bought one know who any of those artist are.

Points for being creative though
    07-01-13 05:52 PM
    If BlackBerry needs to resort to celebrities to sell their products for them, they are in more trouble than I think they are.
    07-01-13 05:55 PM
    They need smart marketing that represents the times. I agree, if you count on celebrities to sell your products, you may just as well pack it in. Get a marketing crew that can produce something on par with Samsung and Apple. Not the same material, but something just as effective. BlackBerry has always had this thorn in their side. Take the thorn out and pick up the phone already. It's not that difficult.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:02 PM
    This is why you're not in the BBRY marketing dept.

Posted via CB10
    This.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:08 PM
    OP, you are onto something here!

Best example - beats audio.

Don't get me wrong, anyone that know's anything about sound know's that Dr dre beats are ****e!!!! But because it's Dr Dre they sell that crap like hot cakes.

Drake / Lil Wayne or some other stupid rap artist will defo increase sales that's for sure. Alicia Keys was cheap for a reason!

Posted via CB10
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    07-01-13 06:19 PM
    OP, you are onto something here!

Best example - beats audio.

Don't get me wrong, anyone that know's anything about sound know's that Dr dre beats are ****e!!!! But because it's Dr Dre they sell that crap like hot cakes.

Drake / Lil Wayne or some other stupid rap artist will defo increase sales that's for sure. Alicia Keys was cheap for a reason!

Posted via CB10
    Dr dre and beats audio makes sense (from a marketing standpoint). Blackberry getting a rapper = copy cat. The public will see right through it.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    07-01-13 06:26 PM
    Kids (12-23) have been, and will always be easily manipulated!

In fact I even see adults with Dr Dre garbage. One instance a friend came up to me and told me that my lenovo jbl speakers were worse than his HP beats lol!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:40 PM
    This.

Posted via CB10
    It's summer. School is out. Grammar is shot.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:57 PM
    Dr dre and beats audio makes sense (from a marketing standpoint). Blackberry getting a rapper = copy cat. The public will see right through it.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    I don't get how they would have copied. They've done it before with Drake by interviewing him about his expertise with a BlackBerry (BlackBerry Torch to be exact).

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:34 PM
    Ok,

So I'm little light headed due to some marvelous narcotics and I just want to elaborate on the above idea.

So we know that : Alicia Keys, Drake, Soulja Boy and Lil Jon defo use BlackBerry 10.

A commercial featuring all of them.

Maybe they have a bbm group, and there arranging a social meet that no one but the invited group members see. The advert would be sweet, there all chatting on the train in their hoodies or sweats and no one's knows who they are. They are chatting back and forth and they all meet up via bbm group. Hang out, play sports or get crunked ( I hear that's what rappers do)

Just a thought, but if a nieve teen in America sees that, he and all his "homies" will wana be like them = sales for BlackBerry

Ps if I see this advert on TV or internet in the future, LAW SUIT

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:06 PM