The Andriod players in BB OS 2 and BB10 are currently not recognized as Google Android devices by the Google Play store.

Wouldn't it be great if there were a Google Play app on a Playbook or BB10 that would make our device recognizable by the Google Play store, and that app would take care of the complete process to download, convert, and install?
    07-01-13 08:53 AM
    Welcome to the forums! Please update your profile as that info can come in handy later.

Get ready for the "if you wanted android so bad, why didn't you get an android device instead" barrade of comments.
    07-01-13 09:09 AM
    Welcome to the forums! Please update your profile as that info can come in handy later.

Get ready for the "if you wanted android so bad, why didn't you get an android device instead" barrade of comments.
    That would be silly since the pronounce doa of bb10 upgrade on playbook. Beside the playbook owners in this forum are less fanatic than the z10 and q10 owners.
    07-01-13 09:13 AM
    I would suggest that we were but are no longer (owner of z10 and playbook). Blackberry could of course win us back if they acted fast, but won't I suspect, to be honest I think management is committed to plan b which I suspect will involve the break up of the company and no longer gives a ddamn about the end user.
    crunchy77 and kraschute like this.
    07-01-13 09:18 AM
    Try not to derail the thread you guys. The OP is not asking for BB10 on the PlayBook.

He's talking about Google Play access. Which won't happen since BlackBerry wants to control how we get apps (as in, store only).

So keep it on-topic.

Posted via CB10
    El Bori likes this.
    07-01-13 03:03 PM
    The Andriod players in BB OS 2 and BB10 are currently not recognized as Google Android devices by the Google Play store.

Wouldn't it be great if there were a Google Play app on a Playbook or BB10 that would make our device recognizable by the Google Play store, and that app would take care of the complete process to download, convert, and install?
    It would be nice but impractical for OS2.1. Not all android apps work after conversion. So someone would have to test >800000 apps one by one. Unless there is some easier way to know from the code ahead of time. Actually, the need to sideload android apps for BB10 is considered a "minus" because people have become so used to stores automatically downloading and installing that sideloading has become "too technical" for the average person. Apple has really dumbed people down in that respect.
    El Bori likes this.
    07-01-13 04:47 PM
    It is also the case for plain android devices: some Android applications are only compatible with specific Android versions or specific hardware. Google Play can detect this compatibility dependency for various user devices. The current Blackberry software for converting from apk to BB Bar can detect which Android services are required by an app to be converted.
    Refer to Apk2barVerifier

https://developer.blackberry.com/and...771411_11.html
    07-01-13 05:23 PM
    I would suggest that we were but are no longer (owner of z10 and playbook). Blackberry could of course win us back if they acted fast, but won't I suspect, to be honest I think management is committed to plan b which I suspect will involve the break up of the company and no longer gives a ddamn about the end user.
    Thanks! I also think they won't be able to follow their strategy anymore...last week was a "pants down" moment... only the "Jimmy Carters" among the fellow board members still prefer to dream of a bright future and are happy when they can do a little bit surfing on the internet with their BB phones...while the world clearly speaks out: "This is not enough!"
    El Bori likes this.
    07-01-13 06:22 PM
    Black Berry FALIT. And i hoppe google buy them so we can get google play on Play book.
    08-19-13 05:34 AM
    End of an era.
    08-19-13 07:15 AM
    End of an era.
    End of an error?
    08-19-13 11:53 AM
    Google Play Store is not offered on Android forks.
    08-19-13 09:33 PM
    The PlayBook will not be get anything from BlackBerry now.

I hate to say this but use it for what it is now, a brick-reader.
    08-19-13 09:43 PM

09-22-14 07:31 AM
    Not any particular use to me. I do not want Android crap on my PB. If I wanted their crap, I would have just bought an Android tablet.

What is it that you want the PB to do that would require an Android app?
    09-22-14 10:12 AM
    BBM, Skype, Chrome, WhatsApp for starters...

*Waits for someone to say I should folk out �160 more on a phone so that I can bridge BBM....
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-22-14 10:25 AM