- offer a larger battery and new back plate if required
    - offer free cases
    - offer greater color choices than any other brand
    - larger free storage card
    - change the dull dark blue color scheme
    - no on phone demo mode in the store
    - would be nice to see some chrome or steel trim
    07-01-13 08:40 AM
    First, that is more of a redesign and launch than it is a relaunch.

More importantly, it is a terrible idea. It harkens back to on old but common complaint. That is taking an existing device, applying some non-consequential tweaks and putting it to market.

The Z and Q are what they are (excellent devices) and a "relaunch" of either smacks of desperation...and poor forethought. Just seems like a very bad idea to me.
    aniym likes this.
    07-01-13 08:51 AM
    The Z and Q are what they are (excellent devices) and a "relaunch" of either smacks of desperation...and poor forethought. Just seems like a very bad idea to me.
    If what you say is true, then they would have shipped much more than 3.7 million bb10 devices in the first half of the year.
    07-01-13 09:01 AM
    If what you say is true, then they would have shipped much more than 3.7 million bb10 devices in the first half of the year.
    I can't begin to fathom how one could come to such a conclusion. The sales of the BB10 devices are what they are based on the actual devices, buyer interest and to some degree, marketing.

To say that my argument means because they, specifically the Z, were departures from the BBRY "norm" they should have sold better than 2.7m devices is a bit odd.
    07-01-13 09:40 AM
    What they need to do to make Z10 relevant again.

1. Fix all the problems post haste. By that I mean whatever bugs there still are and all the missing features from BBOS. Throw people at it. Hire 1000s of programmers if needed, but this needs to be done yesterday. Look through every single line of code in necessary, but fix it.

2. Fix the app gap. Throw money at it. By that I don't mean $100 port-a-thons and $1000 guarantees to mom and pop dev shops. If companies don't want to make an app for your platform, make them an offer they can't refuse. If Instagram wants $10 million. Give it to them. Give the medium sized devs a reason to support your platform. Offer incentives like 0% commission and 100% to the dev.

3. Hire a designer. The Z10 is nice and all, but it looks like every other friggin slate phone out there in the market. Does it look any better than a $100 Coolpad? Not $500s worth. Get away from the plastic. When people see/touch an iPhone, they feel like it's something special. Do you get the same feeling with a plasticky slate that looks like every other smartphone? Hellznaw.

4. Use the fastest processors, GPUs, and stick in as much RAM as feasible. I know the BBRY enthusiasts love to say, BB10 doesn't need the fastest this and that because it's so efficient. That's nonsense. If that's the case why bother with an A10? The smartphone buying public that's laying down $600 wants to know they have the latest and the greatest parts running their phone. BBRY has always chintzed out on parts, trying to save a couple of dollars here and there. Sure it all adds up when you sell millions of units. The question is.... how many $600 sales do you lose trying to save $30 when the sales person tells the customer something like... "oh yeah, that Android has a much faster processor."

5. Lower the price. BB10 is a newcomer and BBRY is a damaged brand in the US. They don't have the market clout or the consumer respect to demand premium prices, but that's what they charge. In the US, sell it for $0 with 2 year contract, $400 without. So BBRY doesn't make as much per unit.... but as it is, they're already making bupkis as a whole. Maybe if they lower the price a bit, they can make it up on units sold.

Do those things..... and market the bejeezus out of it.... and then the Z10 (or whatever they want to name it) has a small chance to be relevant in the smartphone market. Until then..... as a lifelong Chicago Cubs fan... "there's always next year." The problem is for BBRY... the "next years" aren't unlimited.
    H_O_Boomaye, aniym and eldricho like this.
    07-01-13 10:12 AM
    But with haste...looking for some easy pick me ups. A different basic wallpaper of aqua blue sounds doable. Adding freebies is doable. Getting rid of the in store demo almost free.
    07-01-13 10:22 AM
    We can ask, we can beg, we can demand.... but BLACKBERRY will never listen because if they did, we will not be talking about this idea at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    07-01-13 10:31 AM
    They can improve the hardware all they want but what they need to improve is customer service. My own experience with the Z10 hasn't been the greatest. I had some problems with emails disappearing and BlackBerry shrugged their shoulders and said "Sorry, we don't know why it's happening. Guess you just need to deal with it."

I actually got more help from my telco provider and people on this forum than the actual company. I would have thought that BlackBerry would have really tried to address customer concerns about the platform that they're pinning the future of the company on.
    07-01-13 12:50 PM
    On the second thought, BB 9810 is not bad at all when they relaunched that torch sliding phone factor.
    Perhaps, this idea is still viable. Let me see, it works for iPhone several times and Samsung Galaxy (S3/S4/Note1/Note2). Why not for Z10? OK here's my thoughts.

1. Blackberry needs to understand the market perceptions (DO I NEED TO SHOUT TO YOU BLACKBERRY TO RETAIN THIS TO YOUR HEAD?)

2. Install the latest, future proof hardware (battery, processors, screen, android runtime, & whatnot) that you can ever think of to that device

3. Provide your own OS Update and utilize that Blackberry Link (desktop manager) always.

4. Put the Google Play in your Blackberry World and let your consumers install whatever android apps they please. (Dont mind of all those apps revenues just yet to go for Android - I dont care how you do it, JUST DO IT); your focus should be HOW WOULD I SELL THIS DEVICE x10 to x100 folds

5. Then, use any of these slogans for your marketing campaign:
    a. BEST GALAXY IN YOUR PALM (is "galaxy" being patented to samsung? just be careful)
    b. BB10 EXPERIENCE YET TO EXPERIENCE
    c. A BLACKBERRY IN STEROID
    d. WITH BLACKBERRY, IT IS THE BEST RESEARCH IN MOTION
    e. WITH BB10, WE ARE CONNECTING BOTH WORLDS (just avoid the nokia lawsuit)
    f. THE FUTURE YET TO EXPLORE....

6. Lastly, think of a device name that is catchy enough, Zed X is good for me... why not be daring enough, lets use Z superscript 10 ( i dont know how to write it here, but you get my point)

Oh well, there it is....
    07-01-13 12:53 PM
    BlackBerry already launched (in January) in haste. The software wasn't ready. The carriers weren't ready, mainly because The Marketing Wasn't Ready. And here's where it got to:

"It's a 1.0 OS"
    "The apps will come"
    "iOS sux"
    "Shut up you troll"

They don't have time for a second chance.
    Roo Zilla and aniym like this.
    07-01-13 12:54 PM
    4. Put the Google Play in your Blackberry World and let your consumers install whatever android apps they please.
    Yeah, that's going to happen.
    07-01-13 01:10 PM
    hahaha wishful thinking
    07-01-13 01:46 PM
    Barnes and Noble ended up putting Google Play on their Nook tablets, which was a smart move, but it was too late as they soon announced that they weren't going to manufacture any more. While I think that would be a good idea for BB10 (Google Play store that is) I don't think it's possible because it's a whole different OS that's not on an Android base. The Nook Tablet runs a forked version of Android (as does the Kindle Fire) so it's pretty easy to get the Play Store on it.
    07-01-13 02:00 PM
    Am I the only one as satisfied with my Z10 today as I was two days ago. secoundly as alwyas you forget that BlackBerry is more than just consumerphone the market tends to forget this as well I guess
    07-01-13 02:10 PM
    Relaunching shouts of desparation. Stick to the guns and don't show weakness. BB shouldn't respond to every wave of the market and the business cycle. BB will be alright.
    07-01-13 02:13 PM
    I guess you don't mind that the Z10 lacks the quality feel of its peers selling at the same price point.
    haringjuan likes this.
    07-01-13 03:45 PM
    Would be nice but it's too late for things like that now and it would be something of a distraction.

Cannon to the right of them, Cannon to the left of them, Cannon in front of them Volley'd and thunder'd; "STORM"'d at by shorts from hell, "BOLD"ly they typed and well, Into the jaws of Death, To teach them the meaning of SELL LIKE HELL!
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-01-13 03:54 PM