We can still get upgraded Bridge, I think! The lack of functions is from BlackBerry Bridge 3.0 on BB10, not 2.1 or any PlayBook OS. My question is, will they continue to update Bridge, it has nothing to do with the PlayBook's OS? Did they announcement of discontinuing support and OS updates for the PlayBook, include Bridge? I read that they used an out-of-house development team for BB10 PB so that they could focus on BB10 on phones and devices, that means they still have the in-house developers for Bridge. The question is, will we see an update to Bridge, on Bridge 3.1?

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    06-29-13 10:52 PM
    As hard as it is to say I'm doubtful, but who knows.
    06-29-13 10:57 PM
    Yes BlackBerry will continue to update bridge, it's a well known and stated feature that the beta zone has address for feedback
    06-29-13 10:58 PM
    If not, then they should AT LEAST open source the Bridge technology or API's. Then we could get Bridge functions on iOS and Android too

Brandon Orr likes this.
    06-29-13 10:59 PM
    Somehow I doubt that the Bridge app will be updated. It is a Playbook functionality app that got left behind when OS 10 appeared on the Z10 and with the death of the Playbook it would not make business sense to continue to develop software for abandoned hardware.
    06-29-13 11:05 PM
    Somehow I doubt that the Bridge app will be updated. It is a Playbook functionality app that got left behind when OS 10 appeared on the Z10 and with the death of the Playbook it would not make business sense to continue to develop software for abandoned hardware.
    It wouldn't take that much time to develop. We don't need new functionality, we need functionality restored and ported from BBOS to BB10.

If you look at the files of the Z10 on PlayBook App Manager plugin , it has all of the Bridge apps natively installed, like the PlayBook, except SMS. Those are PlayBook OS 2.0 files and don't work cause you can't bridge PlayBook to PlayBook.

Then there's the BlackBerry World application which is the phone2PB version that works. We just need it to allow texting, and BBM

06-29-13 11:24 PM
    It's actually not a PB app, it's baked into all of the BB10OS's, we've found this out by extracting the apps from the leaked OS's

Posted via my Q10 SQN100-1
    06-29-13 11:32 PM
    Gonna have to disagree there.
    I think we will still be seeing Bridge updates, if it was really left behind why even bother releasing it for BB10. I think we could definitely see more bridge updates to bring the features and functions it had with BBOS
    Also why should it's implementation simply be to connect a PB?
    Mobile computing....maybe it's a bridge type app or a version of bridge that will sync your device and car etc.
    Or you have more then one device, bridge them together? Bridge a Q10 to a Z10 and use it as a remote to control the Z10 which is playing a movie?
    I love my PB, I really do, BB10 not coming is no deal breaker for me, but I can understand the logic behind scrapping the PB.
    To me it would make no sense to scrap the bridge, it was an excellent app on BBOS and is full of potential, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    06-29-13 11:37 PM
    Really hope we see a significant update to Bridge. It's one small measure that BlackBerry could do to try ease the pain of the BB10/playbook announcement.

Posted via CB10 & my Z10
    06-30-13 02:14 AM
    What I'm driving at is that it didn't appear until the Playbook did (Playbook functionality). With the release of BB OS 10 they cut off the functions we were used to with legacy OS devices even though it's baked into BB OS 10. I don't see why BB would cut off the services we had before if they intended to continue to develop and update the bridge with BB OS 10 devices.
    06-30-13 02:49 AM
    I sent an email to Bridge Support asking if it would be updated in the future. I think I did it before the announcement about no BB10 for PlayBook. I still haven't received a response at this point.

I'm still very happy with my PlayBook, but would be happier if they updated Bridge so it had the same functionality as the BBOS version.

Posted via CB10
    fatboyp likes this.
    06-30-13 03:28 AM
    You know what they say about burning ones bridges....

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    B Pretto likes this.
    06-30-13 04:13 AM
    We should petition to have Kevin find out about future Bridge support

06-30-13 11:01 AM
    We should petition to have Kevin find out about future Bridge support

Just no, bridge support will be getting updated, they're working on it

06-30-13 11:22 AM
    The only way that Bridge will ever get updated is if BlackBerry decides to get back into the tablet market. The chances of this happening anytime soon are small. BB is having a hard enough time selling phones at the moment. There are no resources available for Bridge or Tablets.

So, put the thought of Bridge out of your heads. Find something new. Bridge is as dead as PlayBook.
    06-30-13 11:49 AM
    I emailed the creators of Android ScreenShare app about bringing their app to bb10 and this is reply I received

Hello David,

Thanks for writing to us.
    We will do internal evaluation on supporting BlackBerry.
    Please visit our website for future new product release info.

Thanks,

Qin Zhang

Product Manager

Spring Design, Inc.
    Fremont, CA, 94539

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 09:29 PM
    I sent an email to Bridge Support asking if it would be updated in the future. I think I did it before the announcement about no BB10 for PlayBook. I still haven't received a response at this point.

I'm still very happy with my PlayBook, but would be happier if they updated Bridge so it had the same functionality as the BBOS version.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. While I'm disappointed there's no BB10 for PB I'd be happy if full Bridge functionality was restored.

Posted via CB10
    B Pretto likes this.
    06-30-13 09:36 PM
    Can someone tell me why I get this message when trying to download latest BlackBerry bridge on my playbook. This item is not supported by your current device profile

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 03:24 PM
    I honestly think the best thing they could possibly do to compensate for not providing tablets is to build bridge apps for Android and iOS, so that users can still own a BB handset and have it sync, kind of like an ecosystem, with their tablet. This would be an amazing step towards alleviating people's concerns about not getting email on all their devices, etc. Why compete when you can join them and thrive? This would also help alleviate concerns about BBM on tablets. Think about it. Most people who own a tablet also on a mobile smartphone. If they can convince enough people to download the BBM app on their mobile so that they can use it through a bridge app on their tablet, that's one hell of a genious plan to push people towards using Channels and a new revenue stream.
    07-05-13 04:10 PM
    I couldnt agree more. the device has had is run. but still holding its own. I stilll use it every day. I would love the bridge functionality restored. is the only thing i miss about my 9900.
    07-05-13 09:09 PM
    Just no, bridge support will be getting updated, they're working on it

On that note, have you heard if they are just bringing back previous functionality or adding in a few more things? Also if you have any idea on ETA for it or just know that it's in development and that's all.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 09:44 PM
    Yes BlackBerry will continue to update bridge, it's a well known and stated feature that the beta zone has address for feedback
    It's not well known, an actual PR announcement is what's needed to calm the playbook owners. And not just wr're working on it, but exactly what features are they planning. And then if issues occur let us know such and such can't be done because....

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 07:59 AM
    Can someone tell me why I get this message when trying to download latest BlackBerry bridge on my playbook. This item is not supported by your current device profile

Posted via CB10
    We told you in the other thread. You download Bridge on your phone. Not on the tablet.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 08:53 AM
    "We are also planning to bring BBM and other applications as part of a future update later this year."

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/02/...blackberry-10/

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 09:53 AM
    That article is as old as the "promise" to bring BB10 to the PlayBook...
    07-06-13 10:04 AM
26 12