Two separate z10's and 3 different PCS, I still cannot make it work. I'm no techie, but I'm not stupid. Getting z10 weary. Sick of error messages instead of results.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:11 PM
    What error are you getting? We can't help without details and perhaps some screenshots.
    06-29-13 10:42 PM
    Works great for me. Maybe you need a new computer or maybe...

Problem
    Exists
    Between
    User
    And
    Keyboard

Seriously, though, if you're looking for help, please provide some details. What error messages? What Z10 (just type "Myver")?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:47 PM
    Two separate z10's and 3 different PCS, I still cannot make it work. I'm no techie, but I'm not stupid. Getting z10 weary. Sick of error messages instead of results.

Posted via CB10
    What are you trying to make work? And remember if your using leaks you CAN'T blame link. Other than that I've never received any errors. Unless I try restoring a file from a newer OS

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    06-29-13 11:00 PM
    While I normally don't get any error messages, I do have many issues with Link.

The most annoying being I must turn off all radios on my Z10 in order to connect to my computer. I don't know why, but I have ever since the PlayBook.

Speed and stability are also issues.
    06-29-13 11:07 PM
    Well for it has been always the error message on my pc link has encounter a problem and it needs to shut down.
    I have load it al the most recent software from link and still nothing.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:11 PM
    Mine works just fine. I mean it kinda sucks but that is just the software itself lol. But no connection problems or bugs of any sort

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:14 PM
    My computer is crap. It's old... should probably replace it, except I don't really use it anymore. my PlayBook was a complete laptop replacement. Now my z is my playbook replacement. I couldn't get link to connect when attached with usb... I'm sure due to my comp, but wireless is perfect. About the only thing that works right on my comp. Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:12 AM
    Link certainly isn't a very intuitive program. Desktop wasn't great, but way better than Link.

However, play with backup programs from other companies, if they offer one at all. Android wants you to backup to the cloud.

I have an old HTC g2. Terrible backup software.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 03:24 AM
    Someone welcomed me into the "link is a POS club" a few weeks back when I have having some serious issues as well.. when it works it works well, but there's time when I want to rip my hair out. Welcome to the club

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 03:39 AM
    The BB link software is terrible on Mac mountain lion and I have had several connection issues.

At least my iTunes works perfectly on my Mac and PC both so I can back up my iPhone 5.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    06-30-13 04:48 AM
    My computer is ... old...
    Posted via CB10
    Which OS and service pack? How much RAM?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 04:52 AM
    My pc is from 2008, Link works perfect on all 3 Z10's. Quad core, 6gb ram. Model M9340f, HP. 64gb SSD, 1TB HDD. I added the SSD (os only). Programs on HDD. Backups on HDD. Run the latest version of Link after completely removing old version or you will have problems. Oh yea, Vista SP2 64 bit. Kaspersky a/v. BlackBerry Desktop Manager for all 4 Playbooks.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 06:59 AM
    Works great for me. Maybe you need a new computer or maybe...

Problem
    Exists
    Between
    User
    And
    Keyboard

Seriously, though, if you're looking for help, please provide some details. What error messages? What Z10 (just type "Myver")?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry Charlie, BlackBerry Link is a very poor piece of code.
    Typical fanboy response, blame the customer.

And you wonder why BlackBerry is in such trouble,
    poiznberry and serendipity_id like this.
    06-30-13 07:00 AM
    ddhowland, Give us your PC specs, we will help you...download Link using Firefox not IE...

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 07:03 AM
    I couldn't get it to work till I removed BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Then it worked. The worst part for me is gray print on black background is impossible to read!!! I went to the index and couldn't read it!
    06-30-13 07:07 AM
    I have both Link and BlackBerry Desktop Manager on my pc.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-30-13 07:50 AM
    Link is no worse than iTunes.

Posted via CB10 via BlackBerry Z10 (Telus)
    06-30-13 08:09 AM
    For what it's worth, I've been unable to get Link to sign into my BlackBerry ID, despite trying every suggested fix in multiple threads on this board.

But it does backup and restore, and I can live without remote file access.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 08:22 AM
    Link is no worse than iTunes.

Posted via CB10 via BlackBerry Z10 (Telus)
    I agree! Link at least let's me sync all pictures/videos wireless without having a need to charge my Z10. My favorite part is when I hook my Z10 up with the laptop, it shows Z drive (external USB drive), so I can drag all files from Z10 to C drive as a backup rather than going thru Link. The most updated version of Link is way better than the older version. I had trouble using the older version but now I am happy!

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    06-30-13 08:31 AM
    I agree with the OP, Blackberry Link does need work.

One problem with it is that it insists on loading up a bunch of thumbnail images, which if you have a lot of photos and music on your computer will slow/bog down Blackberry link. There's no way to turn this sluggish thumbnail image loading off.
    poiznberry likes this.
    06-30-13 10:10 AM
    I can't install BlackBerry link. It says cannot find the file specified after extracting.

Keepin'it fresh Z10
    06-30-13 01:44 PM
    +1 to the OP
    CRAPWARE

This is probably the worst smartphone's software manager ever made.
    Sorry for the devs but this piece of s h i t its not living up to what Blackberry deserves, looks like more an noob's sketch than a serious teamwork project.
    07-16-13 10:22 PM
    Preaching to the choir
    Slowly clunky, its a slow as itunes with none if the features

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 10:40 PM
    I agree Link is terrible. I just load everything up onto my memory card alone.
    Music
    I had to buy an app to sync my music "Sync My iTunes" it works great but I shouldn't have to do that. When I load music on my phone or memory card via Link it said file was missing or something all the time.
    Pictures
    For some reason Link would duplicate all my pictures on the phone and on my computer. Now, I sadly have to take my memory card out and do it manually.
    UI
    The UI itself is crap. I touch one button and link freezes for 5 minutes. Plus the Interface is damn right ugly. AND OPTIONS where are the options!! Just like the rest of the phone. Have an Advanced Option thing and load it up with options. Don't follow the Apple way and not let the customers do anything to their phone. I want to be able to personalize my phone the way I want it. "Hey, look guys. I can change my wallpaper" like WTFF

Don't even get me started with Wireless Sync...

I love the phone I mess around with it constantly I even use sachi/darcys tools to back up the phone since they give me more options and I don't have to wait until the damn backup options load up. At least I restore on Link but lately I haven't been restoring since I have a Address book app and Blackberry ID basically save the rest for me minus the placement with the apps but I don't mind moving them back since it's not a restore.

Luckily I can work my way around all this stuff since I'm somewhat knowledgeable with this kind of thing. But for the average consumer especially people coming from iphone (sucks but everything is easy) they are in for a tough time. Link 1.1 made no difference in anything from beta to release. Haven't noticed a difference besides outlook.

Personally with all that said, I'd rather them spend their time on 10.2 then fix link later. Seems like all the company made apps are getting updated and more features are coming. Especially with this 10.2.0.483 even though 10.2.0.663 didn't really faze me. Keep up the good work!!
    Stephen C. likes this.
    07-16-13 10:42 PM
28 12