The PlayBook has died, and we are all unfortunate to know it. This is a very sad day in the history of the CrackBerry community. But looking ahead, better will come- not just for those of us who only love phones. When it was repeatedly stated that 6 DEVICES would be released running the BlackBerry 10 platform, everyone jumped straight to the phones conclusion. Now pardon me if I'm wrong, but devices and phones are two different things. So, my advice is to get ready. The best is yet to come!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Joshua Ward; 06-30-13 at 11:25 AM.
    jghone likes this.
    06-28-13 07:17 PM
    It's not a sad day. It's an end to the question IMO. I'm still baffled as to what people expected for the PlayBook but whatever.
    06-28-13 07:30 PM
    It's not a sad day. It's an end to the question IMO. I'm still baffled as to what people expected for the PlayBook but whatever.
    Totally agree. People's expectations were completely out of proportion on this one.

It was said before (in various posts) that BB10 would run really slow on the PlayBook, but people kept hoping it would come. I can only imagine the rants after they got BB10 on their tablet and became really slow and laggy.

Posted via CB10
    Jim Wolfson likes this.
    06-28-13 07:38 PM
    I'll be happy even if we get an update for the browser, Android Runtime and Bridge.

Everyone is moaning that even the iPad and Android tablets will get BBM but didn't BlackBerry state that BBM would not be available on any tablets?

Posted via CB10
    Smilyniiiz and just_luc like this.
    06-28-13 07:41 PM
    MOSTLY with you, Bla1ze, but it's hard to stay quite that casual about it. As you say, though, at least the question's settled.

Time to "Keep Moving".
    06-28-13 07:41 PM
    Can we assume that "BB10 is not coming to the Playbook " is not the same as "full bridge functionality for BB10 phones is coming to the PlayBook "? Do you think the existing Playbook OS is capable of doing full bridge functionality with the z10 or Q10 or is that dependent on the BB10 OS? It wasn't like Thor went out and said "we are discontinuing the Playbook and sun setting that product line by the end of Q2".

*sigh* one can dream ...

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    06-28-13 07:52 PM
    No more Playbook development is the way I read it.
    It's dead.
    Keep Moving. Get another tablet.
    06-28-13 08:16 PM
    I so vividly remember all the hype here before the Playbook came out about how it was going to be the such an incredible device, with some even calling it the iPad killer. Wow, what a joke. BB continues to lose so much credibility. RIP Blackberry. It was great while it lasted....
    look_alive and gojira5150 like this.
    06-28-13 08:20 PM
    Why don't you read the forums? Granted there are a lot of crazy ideas out there but I expected what has been said for months and months. I expect a better browser than what I have, I expect little nags and lags to be fixed.

I find I expect too much or not?
    JeepBB, FF22, chaosdivine and 6 others like this.
    06-28-13 08:24 PM
    The PlayBook has died, and we agreed all unfortunate to know it. This is a very sad day in history CrackBerry community. But looking ahead, better will come- not just for those of us who only love phones. When it was repeatedly stated that 6 DEVICES would be released running the BlackBerry 10 platform, everyone jumped straight to the phones conclusion. Now pardon me if I'm wrong, but devices and phones are two different things. So, my advice is to get ready. The best is yet to come!!!

Posted via CB10
    If they launch and do as well as the last two, well...time to set fire to Waterloo and run for the hills!
    JeepBB, FF22 and Blacklatino like this.
    06-28-13 08:28 PM
    Selective memory???

There is a cure...
    dmlis, JeepBB and FF22 like this.
    06-28-13 08:29 PM
    I'm still baffled as to what people expected for the PlayBook but whatever.
    Why would you be? It was stated by BlackBerry executives that OS 10 would be coming to the PlayBook. That's what was expected.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:30 PM
    Why would you be? It was stated by BlackBerry executives that OS 10 would be coming to the PlayBook. That's what was expected.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly this. But what would you "expect" a Crackberry employee to say?
    taz323, needforbbx, dmlis and 2 others like this.
    06-28-13 08:41 PM
    So BBRY's Q1 projections fell short, and PB upgrade in OS is put on ice. Not dead yet, but it sure is disappointing.

I predict it will be an entire new piece of hardware.
    06-28-13 08:59 PM
    The Playbook is a great tablet. I am also surprised by everyone's reaction. You people had to have guess that the move over was a want and unproven thing. Plus it would have been an expensive thing and just about a cut throat thing to the old OS and app base.

Other than losing a luxury bridge experience , i dont have a problem. The Playbook still kicks *** and has been on the market for awhile now.

SONY is liquidating the Sony Xperia tablet for $300. Or Buy the new Xperia Z. You can use it and sit on it in the bathtub! the 2012 Xperia is a quad core Android Jelly Bean and is a great choice if you want a better tablet. All the accessories are cheap now too and it KICKS ***. The living room remote control for tv and home theater is just about the best luxury you can have in the the living room.

Note: the 2012 Xperia had many bugs in the Android Ice cream OS. The Recent upgrade to Jelly Bean fixed all the problems. In my opinion it the most powerful and greatest value on the market right now.
    06-28-13 09:06 PM
    All I expected was for BlackBerry to keep their word about upgrading the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    FF22, m1a1mg and victorshikhman like this.
    06-28-13 09:17 PM
    All I expected was for BlackBerry to keep their word about upgrading the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    what's new?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-28-13 09:19 PM
    The PlayBook has died, and we agreed all unfortunate to know it. This is a very sad day in history CrackBerry community. But looking ahead, better will come- not just for those of us who only love phones. When it was repeatedly stated that 6 DEVICES would be released running the BlackBerry 10 platform, everyone jumped straight to the phones conclusion. Now pardon me if I'm wrong, but devices and phones are two different things. So, my advice is to get ready. The best is yet to come!!!

Posted via CB10
    ohh topic but i know a Joshua Ward and you look just like him...do you have a cousin named Joshua Ward and his older brothers name is Richard, they live on Long Island, NY...well i think josh just moved down south....?
    06-28-13 10:14 PM
    Lol, no. I have cousins in Brooklyn, though.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:22 PM
    haha weird
    06-28-13 10:29 PM
    Haha yeah ikr

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:59 PM
    no more "bb10 is coming to playbook" post
    chaosdivine likes this.
    06-28-13 11:08 PM
    Totally agree. People's expectations were completely out of proportion on this one.

It was said before (in various posts) that BB10 would run really slow on the PlayBook, but people kept hoping it would come. I can only imagine the rants after they got BB10 on their tablet and became really slow and laggy.

Posted via CB10

Sorry, but it is not about expectations of fanboys.

It is about:
    1. Trust.
    2. Attitude.
    BB10 on PB was promised and was not executed (Trust). Too bad - but everyone makes mistakes, s**t happens.
    And loyal customers can be forgiving - subject they are treated as customers.
    But here comes the second one: attitude.

When/if I can not keep my promise to my client, I put simple contingency plan in action:
    A. Communicate. Apologise.
    B. Explain what the solution is. If no solution yet, assure that we work hard to resolve (compensate, improve, etc.).
    C. Say how dear and important he/she is - to us loyal suppliers (providers, etc.) - and apologise again.

Not a rocket science. Not something that 50+ years old industry veteran doesn't know. He didn't sleep always on those "customer-oriented-approach-resonant-relationship" trainings, did he?
    Yet his contingency plan is different. It starts with:
    A. Arrogance.
    blacks66, Enyigma, JeepBB and 10 others like this.
    06-29-13 06:18 AM
    Please. What where we supposed to expect after mr. heins and bbry told us bb10 is coming to all playbooks?
    That this statement was a blatant lie to sell the remaining pb stock?

It beggars belief that blackberry users who believed mr. heins are now blamed for that.

What did I expect? A real browser and bb10 apps to have access to some useful native apps like skype and kindle. Obviously that was too much to expect for the bbry tablet.

Because you need 2gb ram and maybe a quadcore (sarcasm) to get such things on a bbry device.

Good for them. Meanwhile the 2011 ipad2 will receive the ios7 update. With 512mb ram and a 1ghz dual core
    dmlis, FF22, chaosdivine and 3 others like this.
    06-29-13 06:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    It was also repeatedly stated that iPhone is out dated and that tablets will be dead in five years.

Well the Blackberry tablet was the last to arrive and first to die officially, so the best... is already here is and it's called:
    iOS and Android lol

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 06:47 AM
88 123 ...