The future of BlackBerry rests on the quality of their device lineup, responsible management, and marketing. There are certainly lessons to be learned when the stock price fluctuates like this, but I don't think we can speculate on the future of BlackBerry based on a single bad day.

Market analysts were wrong in speculating what the Q1 results would be, and that pissed off stock holders. Meanwhile, the quality product that allowed the stock price to drop 25% and still be above where they were a year ago is still on the market and growing.

As the title of my post says, calm down people.
    06-28-13 12:58 PM
    New name same old rim. How many customers did they just **** off today? Anyone that had a pb that had a wait and see if blackberry would finally deliver failed again.

The potential customers they could have had will now go wp iOS or android. The coming soon than outright lie to customers is a huge slap in the face.

BB10 was never coming to the pb it was a huge bs lie for People to get a z or q hoping to bridge it in the future with all the bb10 power behind it.

Blackberry fails to deliver month after month. Still the app selection sucks, phones still have bugs. They will never get it right IMHO. Same old song and dance!
    06-28-13 01:17 PM
    Yea very disappointing! I'll keep my Z till iPhone 6 comes out and see what's going on then.

Posted via CB10
    taz323 and deslyh like this.
    06-28-13 01:22 PM
    The future of BlackBerry rests on the quality of their device lineup, responsible management, and marketing. There are certainly lessons to be learned when the stock price fluctuates like this, but I don't think we can speculate on the future of BlackBerry based on a single bad day.

Market analysts were wrong in speculating what the Q1 results would be, and that pissed off stock holders. Meanwhile, the quality product that allowed the stock price to drop 25% and still be above where they were a year ago is still on the market and growing.

I'm glad people made these threads before I did, people are on here crying like it's all over, no its just the beginning. The q10,q5, and a10 sales with the z10 will be the big thing.

I switched from the iPhone 5 and I'm a loyal BlackBerry user, I will be on bb10 no matter what, I don't switch because I want what everyone wants, I use what phone works for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 03:06 PM
    New name same old rim. How many customers did they just **** off today? Anyone that had a pb that had a wait and see if blackberry would finally deliver failed again.

The potential customers they could have had will now go wp iOS or android. The coming soon than outright lie to customers is a huge slap in the face.

BB10 was never coming to the pb it was a huge bs lie for People to get a z or q hoping to bridge it in the future with all the bb10 power behind it.

Blackberry fails to deliver month after month. Still the app selection sucks, phones still have bugs. They will never get it right IMHO. Same old song and dance!
    Stfu, and drop crying. The PlayBook can't run bb10 it has less specs then the z10 deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    Sergeant_Im and Bobcat665 like this.
    06-28-13 03:08 PM
    I second the cry babies wanting OS 10 on PlayBook. The specs cannot handle it!!!!

Posted via my AT&T Z10
    06-28-13 03:13 PM
    Be careful about calming down too much. There is much in the Quarterly report by BBRY that raises plenty of red flags. Part of the problem is that sales of the BB10 devices has been rather underwhelming at best. World-wide shipped, not sold, BB10 devices of 2.7 million. Less than a million a month. If these sales figures continue, then BBRY will not be able to survive.

It is not over yet. It is too early (but not by much) to say that the war is over. However, time is of the essence and BBRY has not shown an ability to get things done in a timely way nor have they tried to address the poor perception people in the States have of their devices.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings. But I think I hear her warming up. C'mon BBRY, address the issues the consumers are expressing.
    06-28-13 03:33 PM
    As a casual observer of this business and customer of BB I consider myself fair and open minded on product announcements. As of late though I can't help but notice a trend with BB. When there is communication it's vague and BB almost always seems to under deliver on whatever they've announced. I think this is what gets me the most.

Since PB's release what else has BB delivered from announcement to release in the manner and time in which they declared it would happen? Then there's the carrier updates fiasco. I can honestly see why existing customers are frustrated and potential customers are running in the other direction.

Lastly I am the furthest thing from a marketing expert but am I the only one that feels BB's marketing and communication sucks? I ask in all sincerity have BlackBerry shareholders received any return on investment from Creative Director Alicia Keys and the other prominent persons whose names I cant even remember? It seems as though ad campaigns are aimed at 20 and 30 somethings but the ads are running in print media and airing in time slots where only octogenarians can be found.

I'm calm and it's just a phone, but come on BlackBerry.
    06-28-13 03:47 PM
    Probably not too many. The PB didn't sell well, except during the fire sales, but people who buy a fully functional tablet for $150 are hardly in any position to be upset compared to those that bought the PBs for much more.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-13 03:59 PM

Lastly I am the furthest thing from a marketing expert but am I the only one that feels BB's marketing and communication sucks? I ask in all sincerity have BlackBerry shareholders received any return on investment from Creative Director Alicia Keys and the other prominent persons whose names I cant even remember? It seems as though ad campaigns are aimed at 20 and 30 somethings but the ads are running in print media and airing in time slots where only octogenarians can be found.

I'm calm and it's just a phone, but come on BlackBerry.
    You are not alone. Hard to watch BlackBerry sit back and admire the problem.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 04:30 PM
    The future of BlackBerry rests on the quality of their device lineup ....

Just wondering, do you have a BlackBerry tablet? If you do, then aren't you bothered what just happened to its road map?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 04:50 PM
    I'm glad people made these threads before I did, people are on here crying like it's all over, no its just the beginning. The q10,q5, and a10 sales with the z10 will be the big thing.

I switched from the iPhone 5 and I'm a loyal BlackBerry user, I will be on bb10 no matter what, I don't switch because I want what everyone wants, I use what phone works for me.

Posted via CB10
    Finally someone who isn't crying saying I was lied to lol me personally I never really believed bb10 was coming to my pb I got it to surf the net and use it with my 9780 but now I have a z10 I'm sure BlackBerry has something for the people that wanted bb10 for the pb though

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    06-28-13 04:56 PM
    Just wondering, do you have a BlackBerry tablet? If you do, then aren't you bothered what just happened to its road map?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, I don't own a PlayBook, but I can see how people would be disappointed with the announcement. It sucks that they can no longer continue to support that device, but I'm not surprised. They are a company that is under a lot of strain, and to spread themselves thin by supporting a tablet that never sold well to begin with just dosen't make sense to me.

I don't see it as a symptom of a company falling apart, more so as a company pulling it'self back together and making cuts when they have too. I do however think that they should have been more transparent about the status of BB10 on the PB earlier on. It appears as though PB customers were lead on a little, whether it was intentional or not.
    06-28-13 05:07 PM
    Fix the ******* twitter app already!

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01
    06-28-13 05:10 PM
    I'm just glad they finally ditched that DOA POS PlayBook. It's been on life support for too long.

BlackBerry has cash in the bank and has yet to roll out its full line up. We won't have a clearer picture of how BlackBerry is going to do until the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 05:13 PM
    I'm just glad they finally ditched that DOA POS PlayBook. It's been on life support for too long.

BlackBerry has cash in the bank and has yet to roll out its full line up. We won't have a clearer picture of how BlackBerry is going to do until the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    It's already clear the bb10 phones are selling poorly. The bulk of sales came from legacy devices..
    06-28-13 05:27 PM
    It's already clear the bb10 phones are selling poorly. The bulk of sales came from legacy devices..
    That's because they're probably cheaper and they're being sold in emerging markets. Hence why I said, the full line up for bb10 needs to be rolled out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    06-28-13 05:29 PM
    Nope, .
    Would have done. So you are not one of those people who threw down several hundred dollars/pounds/euros in Q1 this year on the back of the BlackBerry promises.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 05:32 PM
    Where do you think the bulk sales of Android phones comes from? Cheap phones.

I agree BlackBerry could have priced a little cheaper, but other then that Rome wasn't built in a day and you can't expect 10 million phones sold on a new product in less then 5 months

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 05:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well... unless you look at the big picture instead of just yourself.
    06-28-13 05:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Too true, the Z10 for me works extremely well and i wouldn't swap it for anything. I'm a PlayBook owner of two years and somehow it doesn't bother me at all that bb10 won't be on it. BBRY is a lean flexible company now, not the lumbering dinosaur it once was and of all the OS's around, this one has the potential for the greatest growth. In terms of hardware, the PlayBook was getting long in the tooth and i sincerely believe that they tried to put 10 on it but it just wasn't feasible. I've had 3 updates so far and the platform is evolving much faster than that of the competition. It's refreshing not being tied into an ecosystem (apple) or having my actions and purchases scrutinised so i can be targeted by aggressive marketing bombardment (Google) my phone does exactly what i need it to & doesn't try to sell me **** all the time. I realise that as I'm in the UK I'm first in line for updates and that makes life much easier from a user perspective (10.1 pushed by carrier in mid March) and it's not so good for our American cousins, but these updates make the phone even more stable and i think that if BlackBerry pushed them out simultaneously then a lot of the problems in the USA would disappear. I'm sticking with this handset until the A10 comes. It gets my work done quickly without the hidden agenda of the other two OS's. When i say it's fast, look closely at the less obvious functions like posting on FB or twitter by hitting the search icon then F or T respectively. Or customisable dictionary, I type in abbreviations and the words expand on hitting space and my personal favorite, the mini swipe from the bottom left hand corner where the back button usually is. Even if you're 5 layers deep in an app you get where you want to be immediately. The UI is the best on the market bar none. I've used them all and at the expense of some big name Apps, I get the smoothest, quickest method of getting my **** done. Reevaluate the company in 9 months and it'll be well on the road to where they want to be.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    06-28-13 05:38 PM
    Would have done. So you are not one of those people who threw down several hundred dollars/pounds/euros in Q1 this year on the back of the BlackBerry promises.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Are you implying that I don't have a valid opinion because I don't own a PB? Furthermore, how many people people out there actually rushed out and bought a PB on the promise that it might get better in the future?
    06-28-13 06:01 PM
    Well... unless you look at the big picture instead of just yourself.
    Exactly, it's easy to tell someone to atop hurting when you're not in pain yourself. 100,000 people bought the product Q1 this year believing OS10 to be imminent based on the company's pronouncements.

That is immoral behaviour.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and bigjsmashman like this.
    06-28-13 06:05 PM
    Where do you think the bulk sales of Android phones comes from? Cheap phones.

I agree BlackBerry could have priced a little cheaper, but other then that Rome wasn't built in a day and you can't expect 10 million phones sold on a new product in less then 5 months

I know Rome was not built in a day and it is a brand new product, but if it worked correctly and gives the consumers what they want, why can't ten million phones be sold in less then five months. If it offers the right things that everyone wants, and performs and lives up to the users expectations, it very well could have sold that many. Anything can! It is all in the way it performs and what it offers

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 06:45 PM
    I second the cry babies wanting OS 10 on PlayBook. The specs cannot handle it!!!!
    Umm, nope, Blackberry released a version of the Z10 with very similar specs to the playbook, and the dev Alpha A and B devices were based on TI chipsets and had the same 1 GB of RAM like the playbook. The version of the Z10 sold in most markets has dual-core S4 and 2GB of RAM. So if a TI OMAP with 1GB of ram is too weak to run BB10, why give it to developers? It obviously ran BB10, otherwise it would have been unusable. It is slower, as can be seen in video comparisons on youtube, but it still runs. And nobody would be crying IF blackberry top brass hadn't publicly announced THEY would bring bb10 to playbook. If they had never explicitly said so, maybe people would have hoped, but people hope apple will introduce tons of features that symbian an BBOS 5 had years ago, and when apple doesn't introduce them, nobody is butthurt, because it was all speculation. BB could have easily avoided this, if they had said from the start that the playbook will not be upgradeable to BB10. After all, they developed the system, they should have known early on what are the system requirements.
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    06-28-13 06:48 PM
66 123