I really rely on my calendar and contacts syncing to my Mac. I was holding out for the past month for BlackBerry to solve the iCloud sync problem. Today I decided to remove the iCloud sync as it was not working anyway. Unfortunately by doing this it wiped out my whole calendar even the events I put into my Q10 over the past month.

Got to try to remember all my appointments I've booked in the past 2 weeks as I last backed up then.

So back to my iPhone 4s and will get back to my Q10 when the iCloud sync is sorted! Can't afford to take the risk again

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 07:49 AM
    Yes, the way the OS handles multiple accounts definitely needs to be refined. I've noticed this in the way contacts show, and the calendar...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-28-13 07:56 AM
    I really rely on my calendar and contacts syncing to my Mac. I was holding out for the past month for BlackBerry to solve the iCloud sync problem. Today I decided to remove the iCloud sync as it was not working anyway. Unfortunately by doing this it wiped out my whole calendar even the events I put into my Q10 over the past month.

Got to try to remember all my appointments I've booked in the past 2 weeks as I last backed up then.

So back to my iPhone 4s and will get back to my Q10 when the iCloud sync is sorted! Can't afford to take the risk again

Posted via CB10
    you rely too much on apple, as did i at one time. you should have transferred everything over to google, as it syncs flawlessly.
    06-28-13 08:18 AM
    Blackberry needs to take a closer look at the contact issue on their BB10 devices. Both the Z10 I had and the Q10 I have both devices don't handle the contacts well. This issue shows its ugly head in many ways it all depends on the account the contacts are coming from. Hopefully Blackberry addresses the issue sooner than later!
    06-28-13 08:49 AM
    you rely too much on apple, as did i at one time. you should have transferred everything over to google, as it syncs flawlessly.
    +1

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:29 AM

rubbish. this is a blackberry os fail. end of.
    Caymancroc and anon(5828343) like this.
    06-28-13 10:10 AM
    I agree that relying on one thing too much is a bad thing, but honestly the way BB10 tries to integrate everything into their calendar and contacts need to be improved... Right now it's kind of rough around the edges...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    jesssicaxo and anon(5828343) like this.
    06-28-13 10:49 AM
    Have been back using my iphone 4s for the past week. It has reminded me how slick and reliable it is (apart from the keyboard!).

Unfortunately despite having backed up my Q10 since I bought it from Selfridges on it's UK launch sometime ago it is unable to restore my calendar which I lost when I deleted my iCloud account on the phone.

It is problems like this that I just can't afford to live with. The Q10 will rest for now. Hope Blackberry sorts this out soon

btw was able to watch the Wimbledon final via Airplay BBC iPlayer on my TV. Could not have done this with my Q10!
    07-07-13 06:46 PM
    Unfortunately despite having backed up my Q10 since I bought it from Selfridges on it's UK launch sometime ago it is unable to restore my calendar which I lost when I deleted my iCloud account on the phone.

It is problems like this that I just can't afford to live with. The Q10 will rest for now. Hope Blackberry sorts this out soon
    how in the world could deleting your icloud acct setting on your phone delete your entire icloud acct information on the cloud? thats ridiculous. you do still have your ical on mac, correct? i dont understand how that could have happened and its blackberry's fault??
    07-07-13 09:06 PM
    That really isn't relevant as we all make choices. We have to learn to respect others choices. I too am deep in the Apple ecosystem. Blackberry would do well to learn how to make their products just work. I am a big iCloud user, I am expecting my Q10 on Tuesday! If Blackberry can't figure out CalDAV, I will also be going back to iPhone. I need a physical keyboard, but I can use my Mac Book Pro. I dislike Android and my son sold his today, and joined the entire family in having an iPhone. Maybe I should should just refuse delivery Tuesday.
    07-07-13 09:07 PM
    That really isn't relevant as we all make choices. We have to learn to respect others choices. I too am deep in the Apple ecosystem. Blackberry would do well to learn how to make their products just work. I am a big iCloud user, I am expecting my Q10 on Tuesday! If Blackberry can't figure out CalDAV, I will also be going back to iPhone. I need a physical keyboard, but I can use my Mac Book Pro. I dislike Android and my son sold his today, and joined the entire family in having an iPhone. Maybe I should should just refuse delivery Tuesday.
    well, maybe you should refuse your tuesday delivery of the Q10. if youre that dependent on the apple ecosystem, itd make more sense for you to stay with apple. also, the latest update pushed out by ATT fixed the icloud dav situation, but it didnt solve your dependency on relying on apple.
    07-07-13 09:11 PM
    Well my phone that is coming is with Verizon. Is it fixed with them? That may very well make the determination. What is it with Crackberry it is like petulant children being followed by petulant children. Sheeeesh

Sent from my iPhone 5
    using Tapatalk
    07-07-13 09:14 PM
    I still haven't bought the Q10 due mainly to this issue.
    07-07-13 09:51 PM
    I did the same thing about a month ago. Don't like typing on my iPhone but it forced me to start using Siri more. I really enjoy using Siri and am surprised by the accuracy.

Blackberry should work for iCloud users.
    07-07-13 11:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow did you ever backup calendar contacts etc!?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 10:49 AM
    So what are the settings for google calendars? Thanks in advance!
    07-09-13 12:25 PM