Dear CrackBerry members,

We're happy to announce that our new application Effetica is available in BlackBerry World!

App Name: Effetica
    Summary:
    Effetica is a full-featured photo editor that includes many high quality customizable tools, with the ability to apply many filters before saving. It is fluid, fast, and is specifically designed for BlackBerry� 10 platform.

Effetica - A new photo editor-img_00000281.jpg Effetica - A new photo editor-img_00000282.jpg
    Effetica - A new photo editor-img_00000283.jpg Effetica - A new photo editor-img_00000284.jpg
    Effetica - A new photo editor-img_00000288.jpg Effetica - A new photo editor-img_00000291.jpg
    Effetica - A new photo editor-img_00000292.jpg Effetica - A new photo editor-img_00000294.jpg
    Effetica - A new photo editor-img_00000295.jpg Effetica - A new photo editor-img_00000296.jpg
    Effetica - A new photo editor-img_00000298.jpg Effetica - A new photo editor-img_00000300.jpg

Standard tools included are:
    - brightness and contrast
    - gamma correction
    - auto-levels
    - levels
    - shadows and highlights
    - color balance
    - channel mixer
    - hue and saturation
    - invert
    - sharpness
    - blur
    - blender

Standard tools can be applied to part of the image with control of the transition size between original and edited images. The possibilities are endless, for example, the blur tool can now be used to hide certain details from the image for privacy reasons.

Transformation tools included:
    - mirror
    - crop
    - pad
    - rotate and flip
    - resize

Crop tool has a number of aspect ratio choices that will help you bring your image to the desired shape. Resize tool supports free or fixed size changes.

Effetica has more than 70 high quality filters that will help you give your photos the desired look. You can control the density of the filters and change the area to which it is applied. Allowing you to combine several filters and create unlimited number of possible looks for your photos.

Effetica provides a set of 35 classic frames with a high degree of customization such as frame color, it's opacity, and border size. Giving the ability to combine several frames enable you to create a very unique frame each time.

Effetica has many customizable overlays and surface patterns to provide you with additional tools to unleash your creativity.

Effetica can also create the "miniature-effect" Use the customizable Tilt/Shift tool to achieve desired effect

Effetica is specifically designed for BlackBerry� 10 platform and thus supports Z30, Z10, Q10 and also Q5 devices! It is well integrated with BlackBerry� 10 OS. You can launch it via Share or Open in menus. You can use all your social networks that provide share capability to share your creations with your friends and family.

Effetica features included in this release:
    - customizable auto-levels tool
    - customizable manual levels tool
    - brightness and contrast tool
    - gamma correction
    - color balance
    - channel mixer
    - hue and saturation
    - invert with color channel selection
    - shadows and highlights
    - sharpness
    - blur
    - crop with aspect ratio choices
    - pad with independent setting for each side
    - blender tool for image fusion using various blending modes
    - rotate and flip
    - straighten tool
    - resize with free and fixed options
    - 75 high quality customizable filters
    - 35 highly customizable classic frames
    - 58 high quality customizable overlays
    - 16 high quality customizable surface patterns
    - customizable tilt/shift effects with free rotation
    - customizable text tool with 20 creative fonts
    - image info tool (EXIF viewer)
    - save as tool for finer control of output image
    - support for saving to SD card (use application menu Settings)
    - support for output picture quality (use application menu Settings)
    - support for pictures up to 16 MP (4000 pixels largest size)
    - support for BlackBerry� Z10, Q10 and Q5 devices
    - support for landscape mode on Z10 devices
    - integration into Share and Open in menus of the BlackBerry� 10 platform
    - share using build-in BlackBerry� 10 capabilities
    - Effetica is EXIF-friendly, it can properly handle EXIF orientation and preserves all image info in edited images

Link to BlackBerry World Listing:
    Effetica
    Effetica Demo

Price: 3,99$

Note:
    - Effetica Demo saves images with maximum size of 600x600 pixels (Effetica save images with maximum size of 4000x4000 pixels)
    - Effetica Demo DOES NOT preserve EXIF info of original photo

Share with us your creations by joining our BBM channel C0012463E
    Last edited by inmobisoft; 01-11-14 at 03:21 PM.
    06-27-13 03:51 PM
    Thanks for sharing!
    Looks very high quality. I'm sure the photogs will appreciate it.

This is how you CB10, son!
    bb10_fan and inmobisoft like this.
    06-27-13 04:18 PM
    I'm not exactly a photographer, but enjoy it a lot! The flexibility is beating any other editor in BlackBerry World. And special thanks for preserving EXIF info
    06-27-13 04:38 PM
    Looks nice. Will try it out when I have the funds

Posted using The Z10
    inmobisoft likes this.
    06-27-13 07:42 PM
    Looks nice. Will try it out when I have the funds

Posted using The Z10
    There is a Demo version, which is free The app not just looks nice, it works great, power of native
    06-28-13 02:10 AM
    @inmobisoft, I've reviewed Effetica, feel free to comment
    Effetica review
    Elite1 and inmobisoft like this.
    06-30-13 01:33 PM
    @bb10_fan, thanks a lot for such detailed and positive review!
    bb10_fan likes this.
    06-30-13 02:23 PM
    One question. What's an exif file format?

Posted using The Z10
    06-30-13 09:35 PM
    One question. What's an exif file format? Posted using The Z10
    EXIF in reality is not a file format, it's extra info that stored in jpg files, like GPS position, camera settings, etc.
    Elite1 and inmobisoft like this.
    07-01-13 04:26 AM
    @inmobisoft, by the way, wanted to ask, how comes that Effetica doesn't have Build for BlackBerry icon? To me this one of the most "blackberish" apps out there
    07-02-13 11:33 AM
    @inmobisoft, by the way, wanted to ask, how comes that Effetica doesn't have Build for BlackBerry icon? To me this one of the most "blackberish" apps out there
    Thanks! We applied for Build for BlackBerry certification, but usually it takes few weeks.
    Elite1 and the_igg like this.
    07-02-13 03:56 PM
    Loving the app! Downloaded the demo yesterday and then bought it 5 minutes later, after trying it out on a couple shots. Does everything their Filter Box app does (better actually) and much much more! Photo Studio Pro used to be my all around go-to editing app, but we've got a new winner here. This is so much faster and more powerful! Great work guys! I cannot wait to see what future updates will bring!

Speaking of future updates, just a couple ideas/requests regarding the tilt shift function: First, any way to add a free-rotate function on the guide lines so we're not stuck with just two directions? And would it be possible to do a blur around an area instead of only linear? For example, to keep a focus on a flower and transition to a blur going away from the flower. And lastly, currently the guide lines a re limited to stay within the image. Love to be able to have the freedom to expand and move them out of the picture so I'm not forced to hit the "full blur " effect on both sides.

Again, great app guys! Easily worth the money spent!

Posted via CB10
    inmobisoft likes this.
    07-03-13 10:22 AM
    I have the demo one since I still don't have the funds for the pro version. But I'll promise you I'll buy it once I have the funds just to support you

Posted using The Z10
    inmobisoft likes this.
    07-03-13 12:41 PM
    Loving the app! Downloaded the demo yesterday and then bought it 5 minutes later, after trying it out on a couple shots. Does everything their Filter Box app does (better actually) and much much more! Photo Studio Pro used to be my all around go-to editing app, but we've got a new winner here. This is so much faster and more powerful! Great work guys! I cannot wait to see what future updates will bring!
    Thanks! There is still a very long list of features to come

Speaking of future updates, just a couple ideas/requests regarding the tilt shift function: First, any way to add a free-rotate function on the guide lines so we're not stuck with just two directions?
    good idea, added in my to-do list

And would it be possible to do a blur around an area instead of only linear? For example, to keep a focus on a flower and transition to a blur going away from the flower. And lastly, currently the guide lines a re limited to stay within the image.
    this will be available but through the other tool - Blur. We'll add elliptical editing area with the possibility to invert edited/non-edited areas. With controlled transition you'll have radial blur as well

Love to be able to have the freedom to expand and move them out of the picture so I'm not forced to hit the "full blur " effect on both sides.
    Again, great app guys! Easily worth the money spent!
    Posted via CB10
    This suggestion goes well with the other request, to make internal edited area moving freely. Also added to my to-do list. Thanks a lot for suggestions! And thanks for support
    blackout626 likes this.
    07-03-13 02:00 PM
    I have the demo one since I still don't have the funds for the pro version. But I'll promise you I'll buy it once I have the funds just to support you Posted using The Z10
    Try to evaluate if you actually need it and buy only if the answer is yes and not because you want to support us There is an update will be coming soon for Filter Box that might satisfy your photo-editing needs

Thanks for your positive comment in BlackBerry World, that's the best support
    07-03-13 02:01 PM
    Cannot seem to find it on BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 01:38 AM
    Here's a quickie

Effetica - A new photo editor-20130706120055.jpg

Posted via CB10
    inmobisoft and bb10_fan like this.
    07-06-13 02:04 PM
    Cannot seem to find it on BlackBerry World. Posted via CB10
    Robin, what country are you in? Did you try the direct links from first post? Just checked, both apps (Effetica and Effetica Demo) are there
    Robin Lim likes this.
    07-06-13 04:52 PM
    @all, please, join our new Facebook page we created for Effetica. Share your photos, get inspiration from others, see what's coming next.

Effetica Facebook page
    07-06-13 04:57 PM
    I am from the Philippines. A bit stupid of me, but I just fired up the BBW app and search for it. I am downloading the Demo now.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 12:27 AM
    Nice app, with great features. One thing which I would like to see added are fine tuning controls, maybe +/- buttons, especially for the resize option.
    inmobisoft likes this.
    07-07-13 02:58 AM
    @Robin, yes, it's coming already next release, we won't add buttons though, instead sliders will be divided into 2 sensitive areas (left/right) and just taping the corresponding area will increase or decrease slider value We'll post schematic view on our Effetica Facebook page
    07-07-13 07:37 AM
    Now Effetica is Build for BlackBerry certified!
    07-12-13 04:34 PM
    Cool! Congratulations, definitely deserved certification. Now, why it's not in featured yet? I still can see many android ports in that section, but now there are many native replacements exists for those apps. How does BlackBerry choose what app to feature or it's a paid service, who pays get featured?
    07-13-13 05:22 AM
    Cool! Congratulations, definitely deserved certification.
    Thanks!

Now, why it's not in featured yet? I still can see many android ports in that section, but now there are many native replacements exists for those apps. How does BlackBerry choose what app to feature or it's a paid service, who pays get featured?
    Haha, that's a mystery no one can seem to understand Technically there is an email where developers could send request for place in carousel (featured section), but all three emails I've sent personally were left without any reply/acknowledgment of being received/any other type of back communications. So, the only way to get there is to wait for a miracle
    bb10_fan likes this.
    07-14-13 09:46 AM
218 123 ...