Hi all going abroad soon and need ideas for the best case for z10.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 12:15 PM
    Hi all going abroad soon and need ideas for the best case for z10.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    You don't need a case for it. The back will never scratch because the material is the same used in military grade condoms. And the screen won't scratch and the top and bottom bevels and sides are made of some kind of plastic that also doesn't scratch. Don't give any money to the greedy Chinese factory bosses!
    06-27-13 12:21 PM
    I use the otterbox for my z. The case is bulky but if you are worried that the phone will get knocked around I would recommend. It would take a lot to abuse to damage the phone in this case.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 12:35 PM
    I find what I like is the leather flip case which opens up making it extra easy to hold the phone and when closed it protects the back, front and sides. Ebay a your friend there

http://wap.ebay.com/Pages/ViewItem.a...342x521&sv=z10 leather case&emvcc=0&nbcol=0|null
    06-27-13 12:37 PM
    My case is an Otterbox Defender. Questions ...

Adds bulky ? YES
    It's safe ? YES
    Difficults gestures ? YES, but is question of time to get used
    Has quality ? A big YES
    Is the best case ? I don't know, but if you're worried about scratching Z10, Otterbox Defender is your life insurance.
    Last edited by BlackQtCoder; 06-28-13 at 03:47 AM.
    Jim Wolfson and seamonky like this.
    06-27-13 12:45 PM
    Thank you I just have a crappy thin plastic case at the minute a little more cautious about traveling with it

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 12:46 PM
    Ballistic. Not to bulky just right. The otterbox makes the Z-10 feel like a brick.

Posted via CB10
    seamonky likes this.
    06-27-13 12:51 PM
    Transform and a screen protector works like a boss

Posted via CB10
    gen_accident and seamonky like this.
    06-27-13 12:56 PM
    My first case was a Seidio Active case/holster - high quality, nice design, attractive appearance and works well. But I wanted to step up the protection level and now have an Otterbox Defender with an iSmooth screen protector laid onto the screen in addition to the Otterbox built-in screen protector. Works fine; two screen protector layers don't interfere with swiping, although the Otterbox design does make swiping from the bottom more difficult since it comes up too high into the upswipe area (many, many people have mentioned this flaw). Doesn't make it impossible, but you definitely have to get used to it. The upside is that I don't upswipe/unlock the screen accidentally.

Otterbox does need to modify their design to restore factory functionality, though. I just got a warranty-replacement directly from Otterbox after telling them about the design issues in my Feb '13-produced product. The new one arrived yesterday; it was made in May, but unfortunately is exactly the same design and doesn't fix the problem. I'm pretty much used to needing a more-precise upswipe; your mileage may vary.

Some people have complained that the Otterbox allows too much dust to enter under the built-in screen protector. Not a problem for me, perhaps because the thin iSmooth layer may be filling the gap.

So, for decent protection and less bulk, the Seidio Active with iSmooth screen protector. For maximum protection (which I'd recommend, especially when travelling), the Otterbox Defender, also with the iSmooth. This combination protects my Z10 like a turtle shell without adding an unreasonable amount of bulk.
    seamonky likes this.
    06-27-13 01:16 PM
    Thank you for all your help. I have opted for the transformer. Also got a leather pouch for beach to try and keep the sand away.

I was going to get the otterbox but if it impedes gestures then it's a no go.

Thank you to all that have helped

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 02:32 PM
    Thank you for all your help. I have opted for the transformer. Also got a leather pouch for beach to try and keep the sand away.
    Let us know how it worked for you on your trip. You might consider a sealed waterproof case around the beach, not just for microscopic sand (which can scratch the heck out of screens and cases) but for the salty environment and water in the air even if you aren't actually at the water.
    06-27-13 02:55 PM
    I love the Acase Surround case. It is minimal, doesn't take out a huge chunk for the micro usb and hdmi ports, and the back is clear. Plus, I found it in amazon for under $7! It's originally priced for around $40 so it's a steal. Plus, the back is see through, so you get all the goodness of that beautiful design!

Posted via Zee-10 BBOS10- 10.2.0.93
    06-27-13 02:56 PM
    You don't need a case for it. The back will never scratch because the material is the same used in military grade condoms. And the screen won't scratch and the top and bottom bevels and sides are made of some kind of plastic that also doesn't scratch. Don't give any money to the greedy Chinese factory bosses!
    Military grade condoms?

Posted via Zee-10 BBOS10- 10.2.0.93
    blanko562 likes this.
    06-27-13 02:56 PM
    Best case is NO case!

Device is amazing when used as is! But just to be safe (while in my pocket) I use the leather pouch, it protects from any bumps that may occur or if I forget keys or anything in my pocket. While in use, the phone is naked and it's a win-win for me.
    06-27-13 02:59 PM
    I have the Trident Aegis case with a screen protector on, and it's pretty nice. Not too bulky, but feels bulletproof!!
    06-27-13 03:03 PM
    I own three OEM cases and the transform shell is definitely the best. It doesn't add any bulk, protects the screen when laying it face down, easy to remove and props the screen up (great for bedside mode).
    Luiserafim likes this.
    06-27-13 03:07 PM
    I use the Incipio thin case and love it. Doesn't add much size to phone. OH and when I drop it, no damage. Has been to the ground from 5 feet or more almost 30 times. I have bumbling hands. LOL Hope this helps!!
    06-27-13 03:30 PM
    I have the otterbox. I used it for a weekend and took it off. Did not like it at all.
    Got a new job in construction involving scissor lifts and stuff so I put the otterbox back on. I have now given it a couple weeks. I'm slowly getting used to it but still annoying. Gesture up in landscape is non existent but for the security I'm making it work. I have read other threads about people ripping off the built in screen protector for better gestures, I haven't done that but thinking about it.
    My main complaint is the holster. I hate it. The phone has been knocked out of it half a dozen times in a couple weeks. They have to redesign the holster also!
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:46 PM
    Nnnnaked

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:49 PM
    I'm brutal on phones. Otterbox defender

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:50 PM
    Incipio Dual Pro Shine. Very nice looking and great protection.

Posted from my Z10
    06-27-13 07:11 PM