Hey guys, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but anyways...

With BBM going cross-platform soon, I was thinking of ways to make it more attractive for all users.
    Wouldn't it be awesome if BBM could be used from a computer instead of only from your phone? This would enable BBM to really rival with Skype, with users using BBM video for example from their computers, but would also allow them to send messages like the traditional BBM. The computer version of BBM could be linked to one's phone so the contacts and conversations sync... It could be useful to have for people who don't always want to stay on their phones at home.

What do you guys think? Should BlackBerry try releasing a computer version of BBM to compete with the likes of Skype (which is available on computers and phones)? I look forward to reading your comments and hearing of other ways to improve our near-perfect BBM.
    06-27-13 07:52 AM
    The computer idea sounds good. But wouldnt know a way for them to make that happen. Blackberry already has too much going on.
    06-27-13 07:57 AM
    I have to agree that it would be a really neat idea for them to have a way to access BBM video atleast from a PC however, as mentioned above it does seem like they should focus on the stuff they are doing now and get that to perfection and then and only then once everything is working as it should they could maybe start focusing on other streams of revenue.
    I could just imagine all the people who are freaking out now that OS10 is missing so much of OS 6 and 7 and then have them release a PC version of BBM, I can see it now. Why can't it do this, why can't it do that, Skype can do this and that. lol Still a good idea just to early IMO
    06-27-13 08:40 AM
    Oops posted this comment in the wrong thread haha
    Last edited by Balti43; 06-27-13 at 03:20 PM.
    06-27-13 10:59 AM
    The computer idea sounds good. But wouldnt know a way for them to make that happen. Blackberry already has too much going on.
    I agree with the "too much going on part". We can only hope that when things settle down, BlackBerry will expand their BBM services to PCs and other similar devices.
    06-27-13 02:32 PM
    I have to agree that it would be a really neat idea for them to have a way to access BBM video atleast from a PC however, as mentioned above it does seem like they should focus on the stuff they are doing now and get that to perfection and then and only then once everything is working as it should they could maybe start focusing on other streams of revenue.
    I could just imagine all the people who are freaking out now that OS10 is missing so much of OS 6 and 7 and then have them release a PC version of BBM, I can see it now. Why can't it do this, why can't it do that, Skype can do this and that. lol Still a good idea just to early IMO
    I agree that releasing BBM for PCs now would be bad timing, and would be subject to lots of criticism. However, like I said above, we can only hope that when things settle down, BBM will be available on various devices.
    06-27-13 02:36 PM
    Yes my friends and I all maintain that this would be a good idea. I don't just want BBM to be popular. I want it to kill Skype. It would also be nice if BBM channels came to rival Facebook and Twitter too. *likes to dream*:-D

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 02:37 PM
    Yes my friends and I all maintain that this would be a good idea. I don't just want BBM to be popular. I want it to kill Skype. It would also be nice if BBM channels came to rival Facebook and Twitter too. *likes to dream*:-D

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! BBM could be a killer with a bit more effort. Once BlackBerry sorts out its current problems, I seriously hope they give some thought to BBM for PCs. This would silence BlackBerry bashers and would give us an epic messenger to use.
    06-27-13 02:44 PM
    NO!!! I don't want or need a web client since I always have my BlackBerry with me. A Web client kills pin to pin security. I LOVE the fact that my BBM messages can only be decrypted on my device and nowhere else.

If you need a bigger screen for video chat, output to your TV.

Putting it on the computer is a bad idea. My phone is becoming my computer.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 02:54 PM
    Exactly! BBM could be a killer with a bit more effort. Once BlackBerry sorts out its current problems, I seriously hope they give some thought to BBM for PCs. This would silence BlackBerry bashers and would give us an epic messenger to use.
    Yeah they should make BBM channels have a website too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    06-27-13 03:03 PM
    NO!!! I don't want or need a web client since I always have my BlackBerry with me. A Web client kills pin to pin security. I LOVE the fact that my BBM messages can only be decrypted on my device and nowhere else.

If you need a bigger screen for video chat, output to your TV.

Putting it on the computer is a bad idea. My phone is becoming my computer.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with the fact that some of the security might be lacking on the the computer. However, some users will still prefer using Skype even when BBM goes cross-platform because Skype can be used on computers and phones. With a PC BBM, users will be able to fully use BBM, no matter what the device. As for security, BlackBerry may find a secure alternative for Pin to Pin for computers; who knows?
    06-27-13 03:51 PM