Hi,
    Backed up my "old" Z10 before getting my new device swap. I'm now trying to restore the data on my "new" device but the offical OS is older then my "old" device with the leak.
    SO, Link will not allow the transfer. Could someone give me a quick runthrough? I checked the OS forum but can't find anything.

Thanks!
    Gary
    06-26-13 04:22 PM
    Try this... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=814749
    Justam likes this.
    06-26-13 04:26 PM
    06-26-13 04:50 PM
    That's what happens when you install leaked OSs

Posted via CB10
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    06-26-13 04:54 PM
    Thank You, mate.
    Got a bit tricky for a minute but a well written article.
    -GT
    06-26-13 05:10 PM
    That's what happens when you install leaked OSs

Posted via CB10
    That's the hobby part of it for fanatics. I've been enjoying the benefits and trials and tribulations of leaks since OS6. Actually, I was going to install a newer leak for fun and wouldn't even have the "problem", but I want to run with the latest boring carrier's OS for a couple of weeks.
    Thanks for the helpful input.
    06-26-13 05:13 PM
    wow, that would have certainly been easier. I'll keep that in mind.
    but it was rewarding to get it done manually and I learned something. I remember having to make manual changes to the manifest on legacy BBOS's, but I forget what the purpose was- some workaround similar to this (I think)
    06-26-13 05:16 PM
    You can also save backup on your SD card (Setup > Device Migration) and restore whenever you want. It also transfers password keeper data.
    06-26-13 05:17 PM
    You can also save backup on your SD card (Setup > Device Migration) and restore whenever you want. It also transfers password keeper data.
    Is that a new feature on BB10? Don't remember that.
    Would that "slow down" any type of transfer or make the phone any less smooth?
    06-26-13 05:34 PM
    Hi,
    Backed up my "old" Z10 before getting my new device swap. I'm now trying to restore the data on my "new" device but the offical OS is older then my "old" device with the leak.
    SO, Link will not allow the transfer. Could someone give me a quick runthrough? I checked the OS forum but can't find anything.

Thanks!
    Gary
    I believe you will need to install the leaked os or a newer one on the new phone before you can restore your data. The data databases are not backwards compatible
    06-26-13 05:50 PM