Every time I have this problem. I'm just wondering if there is a fix?

It's a "mute" issue that seems to happen out of nowhere on rare occasions. So far I've experienced it 3 times and each time required a hard reset to get my sound back. The thing is I don't have my volume on mute and my Notification is Normal.

Anyone know a possible solution to this annoying sound problem?

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    06-26-13 01:00 PM
    I know of you turn the phone volume down to 0 is automatically goes to silent mode. You can fix this in the settings. Sounds like your issue is different though.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 01:01 PM
    @OP - What's your current OS?
    06-26-13 01:04 PM
    @OP - What's your current OS?
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025

The thing is even when I had 10.0, the problem still came up.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    06-26-13 01:06 PM
    Even stranger is the fact that the only way I can hear sound is if I play something and enable the speakerphone. Sound is heard pretty clearly. Without enabling the speaker phone, you get no sound even on the max volume.

06-26-13 01:09 PM
    I have the same issue. I have narrowed it down to connecting to my cars Bluetooth. If I get out of my car without stopping the media player, then I must do a battery pull to reset. Pain in the ***. However, I cant even get music via bt to work in my car period anymore. Need to spend some more time looking for the answer.

Really just waiting on vzw 10.1. S.O.B's are slow as molasses.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 02:01 PM
    I have the same issue. I have narrowed it down to connecting to my cars Bluetooth. If I get out of my car without stopping the media player, then I must do a battery pull to reset. Pain in the ***. However, I cant even get music via bt to work in my car period anymore. Need to spend some more time looking for the answer.

Posted via CB10
    Yea the bug is fk'in annoying. I had to restart after all. I believe even 10.1 won't fix the bug to be honest.

06-26-13 02:03 PM
    I've had the same happen.

For me what happens is that the phone seems to think that I've attached my headphones, when in fact I haven't. Then the audio output is directed to the 3.5mm headphone jacket. Hence no sound from the speakers.

Since it normally happens when I'm calling somebody or receiving a call, I just have to press the button where you choose output during a call (where it says 'speaker' in the photo), and choose another option than headphones.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 02:14 PM
    And here's the photo..
    I Really Don't Want To Restart My Z10...-img_00000139.png

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 02:15 PM
    I've had the same happen.

For me what happens is that the phone seems to think that I've attached my headphones, when in fact I haven't. Then the audio output is directed to the 3.5mm headphone jacket. Hence no sound from the speakers.

Since it normally happens when I'm calling somebody or receiving a call, I just have to press the button where you choose output during a call (where it says 'speaker' in the photo), and choose another option than headphones.

Posted via CB10
    This makes sooo much sense now. I remember using my headphones every time I encountered the bug. Thanks for the photo and explanation. Hopefully I will avoid such problems in the future.

06-26-13 04:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Instead of doing a battery pull try holding down the power button until the phone reboots and you see the BB logo. This simulates a battery pull in BB10 without having to physically pull the battery. Not sure if it will fix the issue for you, but might be easier if it does.

As far as the headset/BT issue. I haven't seen the headset issue reported before on BB10 devices, might want to contact BB or your carrier for possible warranty as this could be partly a hardware issue. The BT issue I have seen on other devices where it appears to hang the BT stack and mess with some or all audio features (never been able to get to the bottom of this one without cycling the BT device or restarting the device).
    06-26-13 05:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    leaks 2354 and 2062 fixed my BT issues with my car. You may want to look into loading them. I'm on Verizon too.
    Last edited by pili4; 06-26-13 at 08:37 PM.
    06-26-13 06:03 PM
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025

If that's the OS version (not the "Software Release version"), that may be before the final rebooting fix was implemented. The knowledgebase article suggests using an OS version >10.1.0.2050:

KB34039-BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage
    06-26-13 09:51 PM
    Instead of doing a battery pull try holding down the power button until the phone reboots and you see the BB logo. This simulates a battery pull in BB10 without having to physically pull the battery.

Just to clarify - there are 2 built-in ways to restart/reboot manually, and only one of them truly emulates an old-fashioned battery pull.

If you just push the power button down for a few seconds, and then select "Restart", that's like a "warm restart". Clears a lot of issues, but not everything. (For example, I don't think it re-initializes the Android runtime.)

If you hold the button down for more like 5-10 seconds, where the logo appears and shuts the device completely off (and you now have to manually turn it back on), that would be the equivalent of a battery pull.
    06-26-13 09:55 PM
    Just to clarify - there are 2 built-in ways to restart/reboot manually, and only one of them truly emulates an old-fashioned battery pull.

If you just push the power button down for a few seconds, and then select "Restart", that's like a "warm restart". Clears a lot of issues, but not everything. (For example, I don't think it re-initializes the Android runtime.)

If you hold the button down for more like 5-10 seconds, where the logo appears and shuts the device completely off (and you now have to manually turn it back on), that would be the equivalent of a battery pull.
    Thanks for clarifying, everything I have seen was people saying to hold the button down until the phone starts to boot.
    06-27-13 01:44 PM
    leaks 2354 and 2062 fixed my BT issues with my car. You may want to look into loading them. I'm on Verizon too.
    ^^^^ Agree^^^^. .2354 seems to be fixing lots of bugs.
    06-27-13 01:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same issue here. Very anoying!!! I'm on TMO.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 01:46 AM
    007, did you load a leaked os and restore from an earlier one? Old data causes weird problems like these. I reloaded a few os's without restore and solved a bunch of these problems. Kudos to Kris for this, as he will not restore from an earlier os.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 02:47 AM

Whereas when I replaced the default VZW build on my Z10 with the 10.1.0.4543 leak I got a new BT issue, very similiar to the one described here in post #8.

When I get a call and have the BT headset connected, oftentimes the call doesn't immediately get its audio routed to the headset, I have to change the audio to ie "speaker" first, then back to BT, and then I will hear the audio.

That said, other BT aspects seem improved overall.
    07-13-13 04:22 AM

Good to know.
    I've just been battery pulling to be on the safe side when I have had persistent issues

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 05:28 AM
    Good to know.
    I've just been battery pulling to be on the safe side when I have had persistent issues

I recently learned of a 3rd way, and I haven't tried this yet: apparently if you hold both of the device's volume buttons down at the same time for 5-10 seconds, you will get a "cold boot" ie the "battery pull" style of reboot.

Rumor has it this is the most popular way of doing it at BlackBerry headquarters. Oh and I guess you get a free screenshot in the process.
    07-13-13 05:45 AM