Hello,

I currently have a T-Mobile Q10 that I'm going to unlock, but will use it on Videotron's (AWS, same frequencies as T-Mobile) network once I'm back in Quebec. If I update that phone to T-Mobile's newest versions while I'm still here in America, will I have trouble using it once the phone has the Videotron SIM card? Also, once I'm using the phone on Videotron's network, how will updates occur? Will I get them over the air from corresponding to the newest update Videotron releases? Or will they be T-Mobile updates?

Please help me shed some light on this, as I'm very confused with carrier-specific updates, and if they affect the phone's performance if it is using a different network. In any case, can there be any problems with using this T-Mobile Q10 on Videotron's network?

Thank you
    06-26-13 12:42 PM
    you can use it and you will get Videotrons updates. The updates correspond to the SIM you have inserted
    06-26-13 12:44 PM
    you can use it and you will get Videotrons updates. The updates correspond to the SIM you have inserted
    will there be issues if I use the T-Mobile-updated phone with Videotron, if Videotron still hasn't released the version?
    06-26-13 12:57 PM
    will there be issues if I use the T-Mobile-updated phone with Videotron, if Videotron still hasn't released the version?
    Nope but i recommend upgrading with xsacha's software grabber it updates to the latest available software without having different sim cards
    06-26-13 01:21 PM
    Nope but i recommend upgrading with xsacha's software grabber it updates to the latest available software without having different sim cards
    so what's the reason for different carriers having older/newer versions? why isn't it one uniform update from blackberry? why is it carrier influenced?
    06-26-13 01:28 PM
    so what's the reason for different carriers having older/newer versions? why isn't it one uniform update from blackberry? why is it carrier influenced?
    I dont really know... Maybe for different carrier services and data plans and sometimes apps provided, and maybe an easier way for blackberry to detect regions
    06-26-13 02:46 PM
    Can you link to this? I've never heard of/seen it before.

Thanks.
    06-26-13 03:29 PM
    Can you link to this? I've never heard of/seen it before.

Thanks.
    Couldn't find it on my iPhone but nvm I already bookmarked it on my BB.. I don't have the crackberry topic link but if you find it, it's useless and will redirect you to this..
    http://www.qtness.com/blog/?p=258
    Read the steps carefully..

Sent from my awesome BlackBerry using the epic app Tapatalk!
    20degrees likes this.
    06-27-13 06:28 AM
    One thing I know that is different is that on ATT you can't use BBM video on the cell network, only on wifi. I'm sure there are other things but that gives you an idea why they have something different
    06-27-13 07:58 AM
    One thing I know that is different is that on ATT you can't use BBM video on the cell network, only on wifi. I'm sure there are other things but that gives you an idea why they have something different
    Yeah, different services

06-27-13 08:47 AM
    So if I'm using the unlocked tmobile q10 on videotron and an update comes out for tmobile, I'm not going to get that update while using the videotron sim card? Also, is there a way to "flash" the phone, once I'm in quebec, to make it so that it's a native videotron phone?
    06-27-13 05:58 PM
    So if I'm using the unlocked tmobile q10 on videotron and an update comes out for tmobile, I'm not going to get that update while using the videotron sim card? Also, is there a way to "flash" the phone, once I'm in quebec, to make it so that it's a native videotron phone?
    No, you will not get the update since you have another sim other than tmobile in your phone, when you put in the tmobile sim you will get the update.

06-28-13 12:24 PM