I'm not sure if this was ever found/posted by anyone but i figured I'll post it.

Usually you would wake up your BlackBerry by Swiping up from the bottom bazel or if you changed the settings you press the top botton. I left my Z10 on the swipe to wake up.

Today i figured out that if you hold your thumb on the top of the screen and press the top botton your screen will fully wake up after 2 seconds.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    jason18, 312, Simon Ng and 7 others like this.
    06-26-13 03:16 AM
    Good find

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    06-26-13 05:06 AM
    already been posted several times... sorry to say.
    louboutins likes this.
    06-26-13 05:23 AM
    Then sorry.

Posted via CB10
    shaunj539 likes this.
    06-26-13 07:49 AM
    I didn't know that...thanks!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    06-26-13 09:28 AM
    I didn't know this and I haven't seen it posted here before.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    06-26-13 09:35 AM
    I didn't know that either, thanks for the tip! It is good to know other ways of performing tasks on the phone
    06-26-13 09:38 AM
    I just tried it and it didn't work for me. I locked the screen then placed my thumb on the top part of the screen and pressed the power button. I held down the power button and it went to the screen for power off/restart.

Did I miss something here?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 10:24 AM
    I just tried it and it didn't work for me. I locked the screen then placed my thumb on the top part of the screen and pressed the power button. I held down the power button and it went to the screen for power off/restart.

Did I miss something here?

Posted via CB10
    You should hold your thumb on the screen for 2 seconds not the power button. Put your thumb on the top part of the screen and hit the power button, continue holding your finger for another second until your screen is fully awake.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 10:34 AM
    Didn't work for me

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    06-26-13 10:46 AM
    Putting your finger on the screen is just an extra and unnecessary step. Especially if you're using power button anyway.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 10:52 AM
    You may also swipe from the bottom all the way to the top! Try it you'll like it!
    beamolite likes this.
    06-26-13 11:34 AM
    this was listed in the below forum. you need to place and hold finger/thumb near the sensor on the top right and then hit top button.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...22/index2.html
    06-26-13 11:43 AM
    Where at??? Post some links.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:41 PM
    Didn't work for me

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:43 PM
    Don't quite understand this thread.

The top power button alone will lock and unlock the phone

Posted on a Post-It!
    Temple Sascha likes this.
    06-26-13 02:23 PM
    Nice to know but seems like too much work when you could just swipe up or hit the power button.

Posted via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    06-26-13 02:36 PM
    You can't use the top button to wake up the phone if your phone is set to wake up with Swiping. You will still have to swipe up.

With this option if you usually use the swipe to wake setting you will also be able to wake the phone with the top button.

And people its just another option that might work for some so don't get so critical.
    Looks to me like an issue with the OS, when you hold your finger and press the button the OS thinks that you actually swiped up so it wakes the screen.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    06-26-13 05:42 PM
    Cool!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 06:08 PM
    Cool. Thanks!

-aBBuser
    06-26-13 07:26 PM
    Though holding your finger/thumb at the top of the screen will completely unlock the device with this method, holding your digit at any level on the screen will give you and automatic peek of the screen up until that point. So, if you hold your thumb halfway up the screen, you'll see the image behind the lock screen up until that level.

Not really any more useful than just swiping, but a hidden feature nonetheless.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 & loving it!
    06-26-13 08:02 PM
    You can't use the top button to wake up the phone if your phone is set to wake up with Swiping. You will still have to swipe up.

With this option if you usually use the swipe to wake setting you will also be able to wake the phone with the top button.

And people its just another option that might work for some so don't get so critical.
    Looks to me like an issue with the OS, when you hold your finger and press the button the OS thinks that you actually swiped up so it wakes the screen.

Posted via CB10
    My phone is set to wake up with Swiping and just hitting the just the power button also wakes it up.
    Did you perhaps mean if you don't have the power button set to wake the device (and instead just go to the lock screen)?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    06-26-13 08:09 PM
    Where at??? Post some links.

Posted via CB10
    Greetings Jerale Hoard,

DaveOholla just above your post had the BlackBerry Link on how to unlock your Z this way.
    I also posted this in "New BlackBerry Z10 User" back on the 22 of June... and I relayed the findings from someone else the day before.

Typically I wouldn't respond for someone else, but here I just did... hey Roscoe T Zern.
    Waking up your phone, New way-img_00000319.png

This is a great trick and happy to see this dedicated post for this trick... Thanks for posting and keep adding to our finds BoldWorld... we need to get the word out about what things our phone can do!

Proudly posted via my Z10
    06-26-13 09:45 PM
    Didn't work until I read about the sensor. I use the z with my left hand and didn't cover the sensor

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can wake up my phone with either action.

Swipe or power button

Didn't change any settings.

Are you on 10.1?

Posted on a Post-It!
    06-27-13 12:14 AM
28 12