I'm having problems trying to use my Q10 with my 2012 Toyota RAV4 car audio via bluetooth. I've found other threads with similar compliants but no one seems to have the exact same issues. I previously had both a Torch 9810 and a Bold 9900 connected to this car without issues. I can pair the Q10 successfully, and outgoing calls are generally ok, whether made from the car controls or the phone itself - I get audio and mic via the car audio system.

The problem is with incoming calls. When a call comes in, it should display "incoming call" and the phone number on the car stereo system display - it does not. I cannot answer the call via the car controls - I must answer directly on the phone. When I answer, the other caller can hear me, however I cannot hear the other caller via either the phone or the car audio, unless I manually switch the BlackBerry call audio output to speaker (which then plays via the phone speaker). All phone audio controls on both the Q10 and the car audio are turned well up.

Likewise, with the Q10 unlike BBOS7 devices, I cannot start playing a song on the BB audio player and have the car audio automatically switch to the bluetooth audio source - I have to switch manually. Not a big issue but still a nusiance when everything worked fine on the old BBs.

I've tried deleting all paired devices from the car stereo and re-pairing the Q10 - 3 times. Same behaviour each time. Anyone have the same issue or have any suggestions to fix it? There's very little in the way of options to change on the car audio, and since other devices still work ok with the car audio I have to assume the problem is in BB10.
    06-25-13 07:14 PM
    Who is your provider? Most providers I know have updated their software version to 10.1.0.273, quite possibly the fix to the issue?
    06-25-13 07:19 PM
    Virgin Mobile (Canada). Thanks for the quick reply - I'll see if I can find a copy of that build to try.

BTW - according to "Software Updates" in Settings on the Q10, my software is "up to date". So silly that each carrier has it's own version of the software.
    06-25-13 07:21 PM
    Who is your provider? Most providers I know have updated their software version to 10.1.0.273, quite possibly the fix to the issue?
    Actually, this post Z10 Bluetooth problem with handsfree since update ... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums appears to be someone describing the same or a very similar issue AFTER upgrading to 10.1.0.273. I would give the build a try if I can find it, both the phone OS and the BB desktop software tell me no update is available for my phone.
    06-25-13 07:28 PM
    Hmm well I am running Q10SQN100-1/10.1.0.4285 and haven't had a issue with bluetooth to date, but I also get lucky with my devices

Posted via my Q10 SQN100-1
    06-25-13 07:45 PM
    I had this issue with calls intermittently on my Z with my 2012 Toyota Matrix. It resolved it's self when I updated to the. 2354 leak and hasn't happened since and I'm now on the 2062/2016 leak. Maybe you should try installing a leaked os and flashing the Q radio files over it.

In regards to music playing over BT I've always had to manually change the stereo to BT audio even with my 9930 to hear the music play.

I happen to be on Verizon.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    06-25-13 07:46 PM
    Ok a newer BB10 build appears to have resolved the issue. I installed v10.1.0.4285 from Leaked OS 10.1.0.4285 for the BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com and now (after 2 test calls) Bluetooth in my car appears to be working properly. Thanks for the pointers!
    06-25-13 08:31 PM
    Where can I get the BB Q10 newer load which can solve the Bluetooth in car audio issue?
    Ans how do I load this load from BB link?
    07-05-13 12:56 AM
    My in-car controls work just fine with my Q. .273 here.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:17 AM
    Where can I get the BB Q10 newer load which can solve the Bluetooth in car audio issue?
    Ans how do I load this load from BB link?
    You can download via the "mirrors" links in this post:
    Leaked OS 10.1.0.4285 for the BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com

You may have to try several until you find a download that works. You need to download the file to your PC, then hook up your Q10 via a USB cable to install the new build. Note that it will wipe your device, so you should backup before installing and be prepared to set up the phone from scratch again.
    07-05-13 05:41 AM
    I have v10.1.0.2011 on Verizon. My old BB Tour connected automatically without any issues to my Subaru Forester. The Q10 - not so much. I can manually force a connection although it usually takes 2-5 tries to get it to connect. I've tried deleting and repairing the devices, rebooting the phone - nothing works. Once I get them speaking to each other I can make and receive calls without a problem. I want the Q10 to do what my old phone did - when I get in the car and start it up, I want the connection to happen without me having to push buttons! Is this possible?
    07-26-13 10:31 AM
    I have v10.1.0.2011 on Verizon. My old BB Tour connected automatically without any issues to my Subaru Forester. The Q10 - not so much. I can manually force a connection although it usually takes 2-5 tries to get it to connect. I've tried deleting and repairing the devices, rebooting the phone - nothing works. Once I get them speaking to each other I can make and receive calls without a problem. I want the Q10 to do what my old phone did - when I get in the car and start it up, I want the connection to happen without me having to push buttons! Is this possible?
    Yes, sounds like you are having the same type issues I was having. Installing OS v10.1.0.4285 fixed it for me. You can get that version (leaked) via the link above, or there is a newer leaked build available here:
    Leaked OS 10.1.0.4687 for the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 | CrackBerry.com

These builds are very much "at your own risk" so make sure you backup your BlackBerry (via the BlackBerry Link software) before installing the newer OS version.
    07-26-13 12:58 PM
    OK, I've got a weird problem - I have a Z10, just paired it to my new 2013 RAV4 (with navigation) - all is working as it should EXCEPT this - I get in my car, start it, the stereo comes on - but in about 45 - 60 seconds, as soon as the phone syncs to the Bluetooth it automatically switches to Bluetooth mode and starts playing music from my phone! Every freakin' time!

I'm on the road this week, so if anyone has a possible fix, can you please email me at [email protected]

Many thanks!
    10-24-13 08:18 AM