First,

A big thank you to CrackBerry for welcoming us into the forum space with open arms

At the core of OSBB, we focus on Open Source applications and what the community needs.

If you want to put in an app request, please reply below with the following:

Good (we might be able to help you)

• "I'd like an app that let's me send a message to another person. Using encryption"
    • "I'd love to see the open source app UFO:AI ported to blackberry 10"

Purpose: What should the app do? What should it not do?
    Examples: What apps exist like it?

Bad (we can't help you)

• "I want Netflix"
    • "I want instagram"

Why: We have no influence over other companies. The best way to get an application from these guys is to ask them using their support info.

Notes:

Diagrams and sketches actually help a lot with new app requests! The idea isn't to bring existing apps to BlackBerry from companies (we have no control over that) but we can help prioritize app needs. And it may encourage other developers as well.

What Apps Port Well?
    • AIR / Flash
    • HTML5
    • C++ QT apps
    • Some Android
    • Websites

What Apps Don't Port Well
    • Many iOS apps
    • Java based apps (BBOS 5/6/7)

Requested so far:
    • Pending

- KermEd

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KermEd; 06-25-13 at 06:39 PM.
    06-25-13 06:20 PM
    I would like to see a fitness app capable of connecting to an HR monitor via BluetoothLE. Wahoo and several other iOS and Android apps can do this, but there are none for BB10.

Ideally, it would also be capable of logging things like distance ran via GPS, time of workout, average heart rate, calories burned, etc.. And be able to upload the data to your computer or a website.

Other suggestions are a food log ( I believe WeightWatchers uses barcodes now which would be nice to integrate), workout log (machine/exercise, num or sets, num or reps), and other relevant data ( sleep log, etc...)

Further ideas include integration with jawbone UP, fitbit, and other devices as well as biometric sleep cycle optimized alarm clock.

Thank you.
    KermEd likes this.
    06-25-13 08:53 PM
    I would like to see a fitness app capable of connecting to an HR monitor via BluetoothLE. Wahoo and several other iOS and Android apps can do this, but there are none for BB10.

Ideally, it would also be capable of logging things like distance ran via GPS, time of workout, average heart rate, calories burned, etc.. And be able to upload the data to your computer or a website.

Other suggestions are a food log ( I believe WeightWatchers uses barcodes now which would be nice to integrate), workout log (machine/exercise, num or sets, num or reps), and other relevant data ( sleep log, etc...)

Further ideas include integration with jawbone UP, fitbit, and other devices as well as biometric sleep cycle optimized alarm clock.

Thank you.
    I think I saw a post the other day that linked to some code on Github that did this; were you involved in that thread/ do you have a link to it?
    06-25-13 09:18 PM
    I'd like an app for public transportation directions!. . .it's literally the only reason I miss Google maps. . .I'm not familiar with many different transit services but I know a lot of major ones provide APIs and info about schedules and other info for free to developers. . .
    KermEd likes this.
    06-25-13 09:45 PM
    I think I saw a post the other day that linked to some code on Github that did this; were you involved in that thread/ do you have a link to it?
    No, I have seen anything! Please post whatever you know!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 11:28 PM
    I'd like an app for public transportation directions!. . .it's literally the only reason I miss Google maps. . .I'm not familiar with many different transit services but I know a lot of major ones provide APIs and info about schedules and other info for free to developers. . .
    Interesting. Which are a are you in? I think they need to be city by city.

Thinking : Google maps does include hus and transit too. Could we maybe extend it?

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-25-13 11:35 PM
    KE, are you familiar with the Construction Master Pro and other construction type calculators from Calculated Industries?

http://www.calculated.com/

They show iOS, Android, and WP apps, BlackBerry would be a nice add!

Similar, of course, not necessarily theirs.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 11:53 PM
    Interesting. Which are a are you in? I think they need to be city by city.

Thinking : Google maps does include hus and transit too. Could we maybe extend it?

Posted via CB from my LE
    I'm in NYC. . .but most of the major Transit apps have support for a good number of different major metro area. . .
    for instance. . .http://www.hopstop.com/?action=mobile
    06-26-13 02:08 PM
    another idea. . .an animated gif editor . . .would be nice to have an app that edits gifs so they can work on BBM. . .
    06-26-13 03:49 PM
    another idea. . .an animated gif editor . . .would be nice to have an app that edits gifs so they can work on BBM. . .
    I was thinking about that. And even moving it up one level - make a simple cartoon maker.

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-26-13 04:24 PM
    By directions, do you mean on-the-map directions or a list of possible connections from A to B with departure/arrival times, line numbers and changing stations? If latter, there is an Open Source app that I use daily and ported to BlackBerry 10. It just doesn't support US yet. However, if there is a public API, support should be fairly easy to add.

Here the app: https://github.com/smurfy/fahrplan
    If you know where to find information about public API for your city/area, you can create a feature request and provide this information there. If you are a developer, you can try to add support yourself.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 01:59 AM
    I would love a track pad app simply to have the best of both worlds on my Z or Q... betcha it would sell lol. That simple function though no longer always needed would be great in browser and wouldn't hurt while typing. Maybe it could control the bubble.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 09:17 PM
    I don't think that app is possible, apps in BB10 are sandboxed and can't really modify other apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900.
    07-01-13 02:56 PM
    NEED METATRADER 4 RUNNING ON OS 10

MY BlackBerry Q10

THANK U
    07-25-13 08:41 AM
    NEED METATRADER 4 RUNNING ON OS 10

MY BlackBerry Q10

THANK U
    "We have no influence over other companies. The best way to get an application from these guys is to ask them using their support info. "
    07-25-13 02:14 PM
    https://www.swimming.ca/liveresults/.../index_us.html

Hi guys, would it be hard to get this Web site turned into a BB10 app or to port the Android app to bb10?
    Any help or suggestions would be great. I'm happy to help or provide information if i can.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dapper37; 07-26-13 at 09:21 PM.
    07-26-13 08:45 PM
    That would be pretty easily actually I think. Webworks would be a simple way to go.

But if you want to really parse the information out you'll need to use something more hands on.

I'd probably do it the lazy way and open a socket connection, retrieve the information from the http stream and la yet out differently. You could just rewrap it via JS or even just CSS.

Lot you can do for it

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-30-13 11:48 PM
    I'd like to see an app that let's us record whatever we do in our phones

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 05:26 AM
    Id like to see a spotify client. While the official client isnt an option since its not open source, there are a few open source clients out there like despotify. Anything would be better than the sideloaded android client

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 05:37 AM
    Can someone plz convert an app called ?Any Video For Whatsapp?...!! It is available in Google play and itunes app stores...!! this size limit in all messenger apps suck...!! Even if we convert the format and compress the actual file,,,quality and resolution are compromised at unacceptable levels...!!
    Plz send me a bar or apk file or a direct link download...!!
    Thanx in advance and any further help will highly oblige...!! Take care!!

Manish Mirdha @ CB10

Manish Mirdha @ CB10
    09-20-13 10:28 AM
    Can someone plz convert an app called ?Any Video For Whatsapp?...!! It is available in Google play and itunes app stores...!! this size limit in all messenger apps suck...!! Even if we convert the format and compress the actual file,,,quality and resolution are compromised at unacceptable levels...!!
    Plz send me a bar or apk file or a direct link download...!!
    Thanx in advance and any further help will highly oblige...!! Take care!!

Manish Mirdha @ CB10

Manish Mirdha @ CB10
    I moved your thread to the Android App sideloading thread, you'll be more likely to get an answer there
    09-20-13 06:59 PM
    Thanx a lot Boss...!! Ur courtesy is very much appreciated...!! Some tips to a new comer like myself would be really helpful...!! My BlackBerry pin is 2ACA2308

Manish Mirdha @ CB10
    09-21-13 03:07 AM
    What languages are you fluent in? I'm learning to develope now.
    09-27-13 06:47 PM
    English,Hindi,and a few regional Dialects...!! u r from...??

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 12:59 PM
    I would like a fitness app that would allow my FitBit Flex to connect and sync to my Z10 via bluetooth.

Posted via CB10
    LoganSix likes this.
    09-29-13 04:06 PM
82 123 ...