Now that the Verizon/CDMA Q10s have been out in the wild for a while, how are people finding the reception? I switched from a Bold 9900 on AT&T to a Q10 on Verizon, and the reported signal strength is definitely lower than I'm used to seeing in different areas around town. (Denver/Boulder area.)

I know "bars" are pretty much meaningless, and it's possible the 9900 was just being overly optimistic, but how many "bars" are others seeing on their VZ Q10s? More often than not my phone reports between 1 and 3 bars, and only shows 4 or 5 bars if I'm very close to a tower. Having said that, I have not seen it completely drop off the network so far, so it may not be an issue at all.

From the Engineering screen, under 3GPP2 Radio, Operational Info, I usually see the RSSI between -85 and -100 dBm, which isn't great. Does anyone know if the signal strength being reported is the "voice"/CDMA radio or the LTE radio? I can understand the LTE signal being weaker, but would expect CDMA to be pretty strong since Verizon is reported to have the best coverage of all the carriers in this area.
    06-25-13 12:51 PM
    *bump*

Nobody on Verizon willing to share their Q10 reception experiences? I'm trying to determine if my handset is defective, or if relatively weak signal strength is normal on the VZ network. This particular device is Made in Canada and has a rock solid keyboard, so I'd hate to swap it out for one with lower build quality, but if the antenna(s) are out of spec I'll have no choice.
    06-26-13 10:46 AM
    I have no issues with my Verizon Q at all. With new areas getting LTE all the time and the amount of smartphone users out there the Bandwidth is always being challenged.
    Maybe a few times a year I loose signal but besides that I never have to worry. I work in a building that has AT&T towers on it and I get better reception than AT&T owners get! The real funny thing is all the AT&T techs that maintain the tower carry Verizon devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 11:09 AM
    99% of the time I have LTE but usally only 2 or 3 bars, it hasn't really made a difference in the speed of anything though, speed has been great.
    06-26-13 11:18 AM
    *bump*

Nobody on Verizon willing to share their Q10 reception experiences?
    Yeah, look I'm not sure what you want me to say, or anyone else, but my experience is "fine" I can throw out a whole bunch of numbers from the Engineering screen, but what's that going to help, you won't know if I'm standing under the antenna or inside a electromagnetically insulated concrete box. And as far as the information from your Engineering screen I can't make a determination on the band being used from that information. You gave us an RSSI range that most carrier wouldn't have issue with so, I guess I'm not sure what you're looking for... So the strength isn't perfect, but it's not out of acceptable ranges. I'm on the SIM-based LTE network nearly 100% of the time and I have had 0 issues, but then again I didn't have any issues with my 9930. If you truly think you are having some signal issues, which in my mind that's a pretty tough answer, and there's nothing so far to support that except a subjective experience so to arrive at swapping a device seems extreme, but do what you feel is right...
    06-26-13 12:06 PM
    Really loving the signal strength on my BlackBerry Q10, much better than my AT&T Q10. I have full bars and LTE here in Bristol and surrounding areas. BlackBerry is pretty good when it comes to signal strength.
    06-26-13 02:03 PM