Trying to move to the Z10 from an IPhone 4S and encountered certain issues. Foremost amongst them:

Incoming calls from unknown numbers do not display the city and state info. For instance, on the IPhone 4S, when I received calls from unknown numbers (which are NOT my contacts), it would show me the city and state the call was from. On the Z10, I get nothing but the number. On BBOS7, I remember we used to have to subscribe to a City ID app. Is anything similar available for the Z10?

Second issue I need help with: a PDF annotator/markup app. I used PDF Expert on the IP4S and could annotate and sign forms, then email them out. Any such app that you guys would recommend for the Z10?

Many thanks.
    06-25-13 09:24 AM
    I use qPDF notes. Also the in built Adobe app allows you to annotate, and I believe sign forms. Not a clue about your first question, sorry
    06-25-13 09:32 AM
    For number 2. When I open a pdf there is an option on the bottom bar to "open in Adobe Reader ". Do that and then hit the 3dots in the bottom right corner. Under there is a choice to open Annotation Bar.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:35 AM
    I do believe that the location of where a number is calling from is a carrier based thing... but really, who cares where the number is based out of, if it's important they will leave a message for you and you call them back... duh!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:38 AM
    Trying to move to the Z10 from an IPhone 4S and encountered certain issues. Foremost amongst them:

Incoming calls from unknown numbers do not display the city and state info. For instance, on the IPhone 4S, when I received calls from unknown numbers (which are NOT my contacts), it would show me the city and state the call was from. On the Z10, I get nothing but the number. On BBOS7, I remember we used to have to subscribe to a City ID app. Is anything similar available for the Z10?

Second issue I need help with: a PDF annotator/markup app. I used PDF Expert on the IP4S and could annotate and sign forms, then email them out. Any such app that you guys would recommend for the Z10?

Many thanks.
    #1) Hmmm is that maybe a carrier enabled thing with the call display services?
    #2) The Adobe Reader app that comes pre-installed is really good IMHO. Full annotation menu with comments, highlighter, stroke out text, underline text, and free form draw.
    06-25-13 09:41 AM
    I do believe that the location of where a number is calling from is a carrier based thing... but really, who cares where the number is based out of, if it's important they will leave a message for you and you call them back... duh!

Posted via CB10
    Obviously the OP cares, duh! I've never heard of that but I think that would be awesome to have.

Posted via CB10
    Camelhmpz, H_O_Boomaye and 21stNow like this.
    06-25-13 09:45 AM
    I use qPDF notes. Also the in built Adobe app allows you to annotate, and I believe sign forms. Not a clue about your first question, sorry
    Thanks, will check qpdf out. The Adobe app doesn't let me annotate medical forms whereas I was able to do so on the IOS version - strange!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    You would be surprised how many people don't leave voice messages these days! And sometimes they use their office lines to call in which case it helps to know where the call is from (at least for me!).

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye and mk2234 like this.
    06-25-13 09:49 AM
    for your first question... I too was a litt disappointed when switching over that it didnt show the state. It is not a carrier issue, it's just simple what the basics are with the phone. however, i'm sure if there is a demand for it a developer will make an app for it.
    06-25-13 09:49 AM
    Nokia 3330?

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    06-25-13 09:54 AM
    for your first question... I too was a litt disappointed when switching over that it didnt show the state. It is not a carrier issue, it's just simple what the basics are with the phone. however, i'm sure if there is a demand for it a developer will make an app for it.
    The irony is that I had that feature plus visual voice mail for free on the IPhone. While on the Z10, the first is missing and I need to pay $2.99 for a monthly subscription or the second. Back in the 9930 days, I remember having to pay more for VZW Navigator as well (9.99 vs 4.99 for the IOS version). Why the disparity?

On a different note, one really nice feature that I noticed and didn't see mentioned clearly - you can use the device switch feature on the Z10 and it actually recommends an app which will port over your contacts, calendars and email wirelessly. Pretty nifty. Wish I had known that and didn't have to use the iCloud/evernote route.
    06-25-13 10:07 AM
    The irony is that I had that feature plus visual voice mail for free on the IPhone. While on the Z10, the first is missing and I need to pay $2.99 for a monthly subscription or the second. Back in the 9930 days, I remember having to pay more for VZW Navigator as well (9.99 vs 4.99 for the IOS version). Why the disparity?

On a different note, one really nice feature that I noticed and didn't see mentioned clearly - you can use the device switch feature on the Z10 and it actually recommends an app which will port over your contacts, calendars and email wirelessly. Pretty nifty. Wish I had known that and didn't have to use the iCloud/evernote route.
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 10:38 AM
    NO bashing please but put up flaime bait title?? Something wrong with your head.
    06-25-13 10:57 AM
    06-25-13 10:59 AM
    did you check this forum post it was for playbook and it might be a good solution for Z10

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...gn-pdf-780833/
    06-25-13 11:03 AM
    Thanks, appreciate you taking the time to help. I did find that while searching online. Seems like it's not avaliable for the Z10; at least not yet anyway. Might just give CS a call later on to see if I can get it somehow.

Am curious if android has this feature baked into the OS or they need an app as well?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 11:07 AM
    It mentions something about downloading it from the media centre?
    06-25-13 11:08 AM
    NO bashing please but put up flaime bait title?? Something wrong with your head.
    He said he going from an iPhone to a Z10 and is seeking alternatives. Why should that be flame bait on Crackberry. Isn�t that what you guys would want?
    06-25-13 11:09 AM
    It mentions something about downloading it from the media centre?
    Unfortunately it's not avaliable for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 11:25 AM
    did you check this forum post it was for playbook and it might be a good solution for Z10

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...gn-pdf-780833/
    Thanks but it seems they don't have a version for the z10 at least not yet anyway. This is exactly what I was looking for. Need to check if there's an android port available.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 11:28 AM
    Tried qPDF and it is great! This is an exact alternative for PDF Expert that I was using on IOS. Thanks for those suggestions.

After ages I was able to edit pdfs on the phone and then respond to the original message by attaching the form (one from the device and 2 from box - loving the integration) and emailing it out, all on the BB. Excellent stuff!
    bradu1 likes this.
    06-26-13 11:54 AM
    You would be surprised how many people don't leave voice messages these days! And sometimes they use their office lines to call in which case it helps to know where the call is from (at least for me!).

Posted via CB10
    The caller ID issue is a carrier thing. All BB10 devices are hard coded to translate Caller ID codes when a call comes in, if it doesn't receive the number it marks a unknown. Likely when you switched accounts from iPhone to BB you forgot to tell the carrier to enable caller id. But like I said it's not a device issue.

My Z10 receives numbers just fine from people who aren't in my contact list, do I answer the phone if I don't know them? NO. They can leave a message if it's important, and my friends and family know this so they don't call me and simply hang up.
    06-26-13 12:19 PM
    The caller ID issue is a carrier thing. All BB10 devices are hard coded to translate Caller ID codes when a call comes in, if it doesn't receive the number it marks a unknown. Likely when you switched accounts from iPhone to BB you forgot to tell the carrier to enable caller id. But like I said it's not a device issue.

My Z10 receives numbers just fine from people who aren't in my contact list, do I answer the phone if I don't know them? NO. They can leave a message if it's important, and my friends and family know this so they don't call me and simply hang up.
    I don't think you understand - on the iPhone, a call from a number unknown to me (i.e. Not in my contacts) appears with a city and state. On the Z10, all I see is a 10 digit number. I would like to have that functionality to help me figure out if it's a legit work call or a marketing one. Since I was using both on the Verizon network, it most definitely is a device specific issue/limitation.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:36 PM
    I don't think you understand - on the iPhone, a call from a number unknown to me (i.e. Not in my contacts) appears with a city and state. On the Z10, all I see is a 10 digit number. I would like to have that functionality to help me figure out if it's a legit work call or a marketing one. Since I was using both on the Verizon network, it most definitely is a device specific issue/limitation.

Posted via CB10
    So this is natively baked into iOS? Hmmm. Could it be part of the visual voice mail add in?
    06-26-13 12:43 PM
    So this is natively baked into iOS? Hmmm. Could it be part of the visual voice mail add in?
    I've asked a few friends that have iPhone's and they don't have this feature. It may be some option he had turned on either on the phone or with the carrier, and it may not be possible to get on the z10, but around here anyway it is not something that's common or even known of. Nice feature though. I would like to have it as I often Google unknown numbers after the fact to see where it came from. And that may be the only time you ever hear me say something positive about the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:51 PM
30 12