My Z10 is on 83% and is going to die in 2 hours and 40 minutes, is this normal? Moderate usage, not using any apps atm
    Don't know what to do about battery life-img_20130761.png

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    06-24-13 05:37 PM
    Do a quick search of the forums. There's mountains of threads dealing with how to improve battery life.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 05:39 PM
    No, it shouldn't be that short. BeBuzz might be wrong. If you haven't installed OS 10.1, it includes software improvements to extend battery life.

As Mr. Baseball mentioned, there are lots of battery saving ideas in various thread here on CB, but as I recall, the main ideas are:

- turn down the screen brightness except when you're out in bright daylight,

- turn off LTE if you're not in an LTE area,

- turn off wifi if you're not in a wifi area,

- close unneeded apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 06:04 PM
    No, it shouldn't be that short. BeBuzz might be wrong. If you haven't installed OS 10.1, it includes software improvements to extend battery life.

As Mr. Baseball mentioned, there are lots of battery saving ideas in various thread here on CB, but as I recall, the main ideas are:

- turn down the screen brightness except when you're out in bright daylight,

- turn off LTE if you're not in an LTE area,

- turn off wifi if you're not in a wifi area,

- close unneeded apps.

Posted via CB10
    I do all of this except LTE cause I'm on ATT and can't turn it off, and my brightness is always on low

06-25-13 05:28 AM
    Battery Guru shows the time to empty as well, but I've noticed that it not only depends on the amount of charge that's still in there, but also on the actual usage. I don't know whether you can see the actual amount of power dissipation with the app you're using, but you might put the phone in standby, leave it for about 5 minutes and then watch again. Maybe it shows the same percentage, but a much bigger time to empty.
    06-25-13 06:04 AM
    Sometimes it could be an app. I can't remember which app was causing my battery to drain, but i uninstalled it and everything improved dramatically after.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:06 AM
    The time to empty depends on current usage. Basically if you keep using it at the same usage level it will probably be dead at the estimated time. If you put your phone down for a minute or two and check again the battery life should display something different.

I'd only be worrying if that was the estimated time to empty during idle. If you just finished up some browsing and emails that might be okay.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:15 AM
    Agree with one of the previous posters. Search "battery z10" and you should find tons of threads with great ideas.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    06-25-13 07:37 AM
    My Z10 is on 83% and is going to die in 2 hours and 40 minutes, is this normal? Moderate usage, not using any apps atm
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130761.png 
Views:	523 
Size:	289.6 KB 
ID:	175680

I have lots of friends that the use iPhone or S4 and they say the same thing great phone but battery sucks, as I told my friends I will tell you all the same, get a second battery with charger. And you will eliminate that problem, I am sure that u can pay $50+ to get a second battery with charger, and believe me it won't be a waste of money, I know it wasn't for me, made my life easier and happier,plus we don't have to see 100+ post talking about the same thing over and over.

Go Sens Go!!!!!!
    06-25-13 07:47 AM
    You could try removing any sideloaded apps. That seemed to be the main battery drain for many people.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:51 AM
    I agree with talberry - just yesterday I wiped my phone, didn't install any sideloaded apps and my battery has had a jump of almost 4-5 hours. In addition, under media sharing turn it all off as that causes your phone to constantly be aware as a device which is battery draining.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:54 AM
    Is there an app that tells you what apps are working the most and therefore draining your battery that is free?

Thx

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:10 AM
    Outside of turning off NFC if you're not using it and sending data to BlackBerry you can do a few things that will help.

Edit permissions to the bare minimum. I turned off location services for Facebook and Twitter and left only the share files option open and that saves a ton.

In each of your accounts you can turn off find friends as well because it's constantly scanning your contacts for friends on Facebook twitter and LinkedIn which is a battery drain.

Things you have to remember...
    If the phone is in your hand a lot of the day battery life will go down fast so accept that.

Playing games WILL drain the battery so accept that as well.

There are so many other small ways to make a huge difference in your battery life like turning off gestures to unlock, brightness down low etc... all of which help.

If you've just got the phone it's going to drain fast because the OS is learning you, the way you type, the words you use, where you hit the keys etc. That's why in the first few weeks it drains a lot because it's learning you....again you have to accept that after a few weeks you will see a difference.

I've gone from 6 hrs per charge to now over 12 with pretty regular use. My phone isn't in my hand all the time but it's a lot.

Don't know what to do about battery life-img_00000200.png

Lots of threads and posts from CB that show the how to on these options. The key is if you don't use it, don't have it on. Everyone is going to be different so battery life will drain more for some than others. One persons idea of high usage will be different for another so if someone says they use it a lot and gets 24 hrs per battery take it with a grain of salt.

And I spent the extra few bucks for the battery pack combo and it's been great.

A friend of mine who has an iPhone wishes they had something like that but don't.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-25-13 08:38 AM