Yesterday was a very hot day here in Boston. I was riding my bike with my Z10 in my right front shorts pocket, the screen off. When I take my phone out of my pocket I find that it trying to text the phrase "nowhere babag" to a made up contact "+3%". Has anyone else experience phantom phone happenings in their pocket on hot days? I am not sure how touch screen technology works but I thought it had to be your finger? Was my hot (read: sexy) leg touching my phones screen through the thin cloth of my pocket enough for my phone to think it was being touched?
    06-24-13 10:36 AM
    I haven't personally but a few of my friends have. And I was JUST reading a post about someone mowing their lawn on a hot day and when they were finished they looked at their phone and it had been texting and calling people. So, it's not just you. Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 10:39 AM
    Havent seen that maybe you just pocket dialed and it reacted late
    06-24-13 10:40 AM
    this seems to happen frequently. The way to fix this although not ideal is to turn off the swipe to unlock feature and only use the manually button on the top to wake the screen.
    06-24-13 10:53 AM
    Ya happens to me.... thing is I don't want to turn off the swipe to unlock hahaha....

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 10:57 AM
    You need to disable the gestures when phone is locked.
    06-24-13 11:01 AM
    Hope I don't jinx myself, but that's one complaint u definitely do not have about the Z... Never pocket dialed/texted anyone
    06-24-13 11:03 AM
    If I forget and put it screen in (towards my body), when I take it out of my pocket it often has moisture on the screen. I've trained myself to always put it screen out. While I like to protect the screen, I feel like moisture is a bigger threat than the small possibility of it getting hit by something.
    06-24-13 11:08 AM
    Maybe try putting it in your pocket so that the screen faces the same direction you're facing. Maybe if the screen isn't against your leg, it won't type things out.
    06-24-13 11:14 AM
    If I forget and put it screen in (towards my body), when I take it out of my pocket it often has moisture on the screen. I've trained myself to always put it screen out. While I like to protect the screen, I feel like moisture is a bigger threat than the small possibility of it getting hit by something.
    Wow really?? Never seen that before. Definitely not good for a touchscreen device
    06-24-13 01:04 PM