As mentioned in title, is there any methods to load an BB10 OS which has kicked android simulator out of it?
    I tho it is theoretically available, maybe via sachup?
    using sachup to download all files that an BB10 OS needs, then except all the android files out, finally install it on BB10 devices?
    i don't know if it is workable.....
    any one could?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-24-13 07:24 AM
    Mechanically it's possible to remove the files and create some sort of hybrid .. but why would you want to?
    06-24-13 07:26 AM
    don't like it...and don't need to use it...
    BB10 is BB10, i like it pure, without any junks
    06-24-13 07:30 AM
    I agree, I might look into this too.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-24-13 07:31 AM
    You must not use any apps?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 07:33 AM
    no. and never.
    only use native apps.
    06-24-13 07:34 AM
    Well I'm dumb as hell but isn't it just runtime, also not sure wether it would cause problems for simple ported apps like Skype (For BlackBerry) and the like.

The idea if you truly don't need it might be an appealing one
    06-24-13 07:37 AM
    Die hards! Not a bad idea just most depend on android runtime quite a bit. Would severely restrict your app selection (for now)

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 07:46 AM
    yep....i'm just insulated from those which involve android simulator, totally...
    neither skype, nor those ported rubbish.
    06-24-13 07:47 AM
    yep~ i'm just insulated from those which involve android simulator, totally...
    06-24-13 07:48 AM
    yep....i'm just insulated from those which involve android simulator, totally...
    neither skype, nor those ported rubbish.
    Well BlackBerry did put it in for a reason. Not sure where your from but here in North America they don't have as much developer support yet so it's been very helpful for a lot of people. I don't think BB10 would have made it off the ground with out it.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 07:51 AM
    If you dont have any android applications, then you arent using the android runtime already?
    06-24-13 07:59 AM
    I agree with what you said, and as well I don't think BB would do that~but that's why I post this thread to ask such a question.....
    I don't know how others think.....for me, i don't need it completely. it's not concern abt where i am....i don't need it at anywhere
    06-24-13 08:05 AM
    If you dont have any android applications, then you arent using the android runtime already?
    Android player is built into BB10 so it's always there.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 08:05 AM
    oh? is that the way BB10 (or QNX) sys runs?
    06-24-13 08:06 AM
    I believe it is like an embedded app so could possibly be removed but is heavily integrated. I'm not positive but I believe the 10.2.0.228 leak dosnt have an android runtime if you wanted to look into that. ( Kris or someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 08:32 AM
    I believe it is like an embedded app so could possibly be removed but is heavily integrated. I'm not positive but I believe the 10.2.0.228 leak dosnt have an android runtime if you wanted to look into that. ( Kris or someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Posted via CB10
    that's cool.
    06-24-13 08:39 AM
    @TashinV...I also wish to see and use BlackBerry 10 without android parasite but looks like we signed up to it when we bought BlackBerry 10 devices. we may not wish to but BlackBerry has already taken that path in the name of survival and most BlackBerry fan boys love it too...I don't and I waited for BlackBerry 10 to realease since 2007 hence didn't even buy any other OS phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:01 AM
    @TashinV...I also wish to see and use BlackBerry 10 without android parasite but looks like we signed up to it when we bought BlackBerry 10 devices. we may not wish to but BlackBerry has already taken that path in the name of survival and most BlackBerry fan boys love it too...I don't and I waited for BlackBerry 10 to realease since 2007 hence didn't even buy any other OS phone.

Posted via CB10
    This "parasite" sits there and doesn't do anything until it is called upon by an application. Until then it merely takes up storage memory. If you're clever enough you can edit out the .BAR file representing the Android runtime and build your own special hybrid.

However -you will have to do this each and every time your Carrier offers you an update.

It may be easier just not to use it and not worry about the few MB of storage it is wasting. Compare that few MB against the value of your time to edit it out several times a year.
    06-24-13 09:12 AM
    @TTune Yups read about it but something inside me is not happy with Android written any where in my device. Can't help it. There is no cure for this as I don't like Android...simple.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:18 AM
    Theoretically this is possible since QNX is a microkernel, which means that EVERYTHING you see from the UI is a running process and not part of the core. This would include the Android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:20 AM
    I can only see problems doing this and very little benefit if any. If you don't want to use it then just don't, simples

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:25 AM
    as a proof of principle, id be interested to see if you pulled this off! let us know if it works!
    06-24-13 10:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure that 10.2.0.228 has the Gingerbread runtime instead of the much vaunted Jelly Bean runtime. It's still there, though.
    06-24-13 11:01 AM
    It's hilarious how scornful some of you are towards Android, when without it BB10 would never have gotten off the ground. If anything is a 'parasite', it's BB10 on the Android ecosystem.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    06-24-13 12:08 PM
30 12