After doing the .162 OS upgrade everything is fine except I now have a loud screeching coming from the speaker when I activate it for a call, anyone know why this is?
    10-13-08 01:52 PM
    Oh good, I thought this was just me. Have the same problem, every time I switch to speakerphone, I get a lot of feedback. Ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 03:25 PM
    i thought it was me too, seems like both my co-workers Bold and mine also have the same problem.

I upgraded to .167 Beta and the problem was fixed
    10-13-08 04:04 PM
    Sounds like this is a .162 issue
    10-13-08 04:09 PM
    Happens to me too. Loud screeching noise whenever speaker-phone is activated.

Never happened on .126

Also, I'm not sure whether its .162 related, but the mobile network automatically (or mysteriously) turned off... so basically it went into airplane mode.

Jas
    10-13-08 04:42 PM
    Looking further into this I took my Bold out of its Otterbox case and made a call on speaker and had no issue, back in otterbox screeching starts again, so for now I'm gonna have to use the rubber sleeve instead.
    10-13-08 07:48 PM
    mine happens with or without a case on.
    10-13-08 07:59 PM
    mine seems perfectly fine after 162
    loud and clear speakerphone.
    10-13-08 10:57 PM
    My speakerphone is loud and clear with no feedback as well after the .162 upgrade. But I've seen these complaints on a number of forums, so the problem appears widespread.
    10-14-08 12:14 AM
    Hmm... Im using Otterbox as well...
    10-14-08 12:30 AM
    I'm good with the speakerphone... no problems, fortunately. So far all good with .162
    10-14-08 01:49 AM
    arghhh still the same problem for me , i upgraded to .185 today and the issue is still there, i've also tried .162....had to downgrade back to .125. Any suggestions?
    11-12-08 11:30 PM
    arghhh still the same problem for me , i upgraded to .185 today and the issue is still there, i've also tried .162....had to downgrade back to .125. Any suggestions?
    I'm gathering that you are not having the problem on .125 but you are on .162 and/or .185

If that's the case, sounds like something is definitely not right. How about bringing it back up to the official Rogers 4.6.0.162 release and going down the road of warranty repair and/or service...

Here's that official link again...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f73/sof...0-162-a-81248/

That a thought? What do you think?
    11-13-08 02:27 AM
    Speaker is working fine for me.
    11-13-08 07:58 AM
    Happens if you have a case on or have your hand near the top of the phone.
    11-13-08 08:10 AM
    I've done the rogers offical upgrade to .162 twice before, that was my first upgrade haven't tried any of the beta versions. Just like Eldonjr said it only happens when you cover the top of the phone. In my case it is the right speaker that causes the problem when you are on a phone call, listening to music or watching video no shrieking noise. I want to be able to upgrade without the issue.
    11-13-08 10:55 AM
    I've done the rogers offical upgrade to .162 twice before, that was my first upgrade haven't tried any of the beta versions. Just like Eldonjr said it only happens when you cover the top of the phone. In my case it is the right speaker that causes the problem when you are on a phone call, listening to music or watching video no shrieking noise. I want to be able to upgrade without the issue.
    I just PM'd you .190 to try...
    11-13-08 02:07 PM
    I just PM'd you .190 to try...
    I have tried every update and the only on that is NONE squeeling is ATT 167.

Any solutions yet as to why it feedbacks in speaker mode on other firmwares?
    12-17-08 08:09 AM
    I have tried every update and the only on that is NONE squeeling is ATT 167.

Any solutions yet as to why it feedbacks in speaker mode on other firmwares?
    My understanding is that the mic has been made more sensitive in the later OS's. The feedback is usually the result of either a case, or somehow covering the side speakers while holding the device.
    12-17-08 08:26 AM
    Ok finally when i install 167 firmware its perfect, then installed 190 also perfect.
    210 was horrible for feedback and 214 is also perfect for no feedback, I was told by tech suport its a defect and have a new one on the way

just probably a faulty case design or mic.
    12-18-08 05:09 PM
    i had the exact same problem...my problem began after i replaced my bezel to black bezel..i get a loud feedback when covering the right speaker in speakerphone mode. it was annoying and phone was unusable in speakerphone mode. this happened with os other than .167...when i switched back to stock att .167 os the feedback went away...

well my phone is fixed and its perfect now and heres what i did..i took it apart again and placed the top speaker screen and the bottom mic screen on the new black bezel from the silver bezel..also i noticed i didnt tighten all the t5 screws when replacing the bezel..well i tightened em good and voila no feedback at all and im using .210..the screens and making sure tightening the screws fixed the feedback in speakerphone. hope this helps
    12-18-08 05:38 PM
    my otterbox case does the same thing...... its feedback from the case. Take it off and it will quit. Just a design problem with both the phone and the rugged otterbox.
    12-18-08 06:32 PM
    Hey all, my first post on here... Recently got my Bold, and I'm having the same issue as other here, in that if I cover my right speaker during a speaker phone call, I get hideous feedback. If I remove my finger, it's fine...:S

I just tried updating from the stock .167 to the .247.. and whilst I initally thought I'd got rid of it, turns out not to be the case. I'm loathe to rip the bevel off (standard silver) as it's less than two weeks old!

I guess a warrenty return is the only other option, unless anyone else has any ideas?

Cheers
    Ed
    04-21-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD