I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on why my Z10 produces such horrible quality sound when listening to music being streamed to my 2013 Jeep Wrangler. I tried searching and couldn't find anything similar.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 01:23 PM
    Welcome.

Well I find that the audio quality isn't superior, but it's also not the worst. I stream with my Toyota Venza and the quality is good.

but here's a tip...some automobile audio systems allow you to tweak the EQ according to the media (CD, radio, satellite, AUX, and Bluetooth). Check to see if you can do this.
    chrisru likes this.
    06-23-13 01:45 PM
    Thanks I will check it out. The audio is super tinny right now. Like the treble is cranked right up but it's not.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    06-23-13 01:54 PM
    Thanks I will check it out. The audio is super tinny right now. Like the treble is cranked right up but it's not.

Hm...thats all I could really think off at the moment.
    06-23-13 02:25 PM
    Try putting the volume up from the phone... 10.1 update lets you do that even while connected to BT...

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 02:29 PM
    Tried both the suggestions. Neither worked. My stereo doesn't have a setting to change any type of input to it and I had tried the volume from the phone and it doesn't change the tinny sound at all.

Anything else I could try?

06-24-13 07:00 PM
    Tried both the suggestions. Neither worked. My stereo doesn't have a setting to change any type of input to it and I had tried the volume from the phone and it doesn't change the tinny sound at all.

Anything else I could try?

Hmm...im not sure what else could fix it.

Try connecting with an audio I/O cord to the car and play music. This would single out whether it's the device's audio output.

If that sounds good. Try connecting your device via Bluetooth to another car. This would single out whether it's truly the device or the automobile.

Let us know.

C0004E653 - The official channel for ChefBigFella.com
    06-25-13 09:19 PM
    have you tried a different music player? preferrably one with eq settings. but what walt suggested is also a good starting point.
    06-25-13 09:59 PM
    I have a 2011 GC Overland that doesn't sound bad with the stock player but try the Neutron MP3 player. Sounds much better.

Has an EQ and some other slick features.

A bit pricey but well worth, imo. Plus you get a free install for your PB if you have one.
    06-25-13 10:17 PM
    Thanks guys. I've tried a cord and it is a lot better. I had an iPhone 5 and BT streaming was fine. I'll check out another player like suggested. Ill report back with what I find out.

06-25-13 10:51 PM
    Very interested to see if the neutron player outputs better quality sound when streaming through bluetooth.

Though I have a feeling it's the bluetooth limitations that's limiting the bit rate and audio quality, not the audio software playing the music.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 11:02 PM
    I think it's the jeep. Jeeps are clunky and laggy and not as good as iPhone's.

Oh sorry. Got carried away. Jk. I love jeeps! :wave:

I stream via blue tooth constantly, to my kia, to my Motorola headphones, and to my jam box and all sound great!

Hope you can get it figured out. I love carrying all my music around with me and listening to Pandora (oh, sorry, Apollo) all day long. It would annoy the heck out of me if it didn't sound right.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 11:06 PM
    So I did a quick test and Neutron worked. I still have a bunch of tweaking to do but the music isn't distorted like it was with blackberry's built in music app. Ill mess with it more tomorrow and fill you all in more with a (hopefully) final update on the issue.

06-25-13 11:25 PM