So, everyone knows that on the BlackBerry PlayBook once you have an app open, you can swipe between apps with just a gesture of the fingers from left to right or right to left . This is done without even swiping up to the main layout screen.

So, what I was thinking is what if they included that feature in BlackBerry 10 devices? If this feature was added once we have more than one app open that option will be available for us to use. We'd be able to swipe to the left (due to the BlackBerry Hub swipe gesture is to the right) and we could swipe between the apps without going back to the home screen same as on the BlackBerry PlayBook.

I would wonder how it will work on the BlackBerry 10 devices. Let me know your thoughts and any other ideas. #blackberry10 #keepmoving #moblenation #teamblackberry

Posted via CB10 on T-Mobile USA
    06-23-13 12:55 PM
    Hi Patrick10,

First of all welcome to the crackberry forums!

Great suggestion, I too thought the same thing when BlackBerry 10 first came out. In the end their must be a reason BlackBerry chose to omit that gesture from blackberry 10, but truthfully I have no idea what that would be. Maybe we will see it return future builds.

Keep on brainstorming! Part of what makes crackberry, and by extension BlackBerry great is members like you coming up with great idea's!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 01:11 PM
    The reason is because there are menus on the left and right of screen.

For example in any apps like CB10 if you swipe from left to right it will act as a back button or open up the menu.

So you can't have the same gestures for two different purposes

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 01:23 PM
    The reason is because there are menus on the left and right of screen.

For example in any apps like CB10 if you swipe from left to right it will act as a back button or open up the menu.

So you can't have the same gestures for two different purposes

Posted via CB10
    This is true. I always pull from the center of the screen to the right to go back a page or pull up the menu, I was thinking pulling from the edge of the bezel to switch apps, but that might get confusing for some..

As I said, it's a good idea but BlackBerry had its reasons for omitting it.. could be that was the reason..

Posted via CB10
    Renaudo Waite likes this.
    06-23-13 01:39 PM
    They can use multi-finger gestures. iOS does that to change apps without going to the homescreen.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 01:55 PM
    Two finger swipe left or right to change between apps would be a great idea

Posted via CB10
    StudioMezo likes this.
    06-23-13 01:57 PM
    Thanks for all the welcoming comment. Also I believe the two ginger gesture is a great idea.

06-23-13 02:43 PM
    Two finger swipe looks like a great idea!
    06-23-13 04:08 PM
    Thanks for all the welcoming comment. Also I believe the two ginger gesture is a great idea.

Two gingers for the win

Note: No offense to any gingers

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 05:22 PM