Hi. I bought a Q10 (SQN100-3, needs to work in Europe so I think I got it right) off eBay. So far it's mostly great. One problem is, I'm taking it to Germany shortly, and I have a German Vodafone pay-as-you-go SIM that I was swapping into my old Bold. But that's an old SIM. Turns out that the Q10 only takes microSIM. Does anyone have any experience with converting? Or should I ask on a German forum?
    06-23-13 12:31 PM
    If it's any help, I had a standard Voda sim in my 9300. Phoned Voda and they sent replacement micro sim (same number / contract) pronto. Received next day (UK). Hope that's helpful. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-23-13 12:36 PM
    Just cut sim card to size it will work without any problems.
    All you ned is some DIY skills, a good "Stanley knife", metal ruler and printed 1:1 sim to micro sim form from internet.
    After that conversion back to sim size is widely available from any phone shop which can cut sim card for you as well if you afraid to do it yourself.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-23-13 12:55 PM
    Ah, OK. I'll see if I can find a phone shop to cut it for me, but if it gets screwed up, I was told that Voda DE charges a 25 EUR to replace a pay-as-you-go (CallYa) SIM. Anyone have any experience?
    06-23-13 01:15 PM
    I had my SIM cut down to a microSIM by walking into a mall wireless outlet. Free and easy. They have a tool. They insert your card, squeeze and out comes your trimmed card.
    06-23-13 01:32 PM
    Welcome to the CrackBerry forums! You can find kits and DIY instructions to cut down your SIM card. People do it, and if done correctly you won't have any issues, my personal recommendation always is to ask for a new one, and if one is not afforded to you, seriously consider purchasing a newer one that is the appropriate size. Sometimes people have trouble with their SIM cards in the future after cutting them down themselves. My point is this, for such a critical piece of the phone, I would consider just taking your time with it...
    06-23-13 03:13 PM
    I had my SIM cut down to a microSIM by walking into a mall wireless outlet. Free and easy. They have a tool. They insert your card, squeeze and out comes your trimmed card.
    Had the same issue when my son bought a Nexus 4. His T-Mo card was too big. We went to cellphone shop and they charged us $5 to cut it out with the tool. Works like a hole punch but with a microSIM sized die.
    06-23-13 03:21 PM
    After that conversion back to sim size is widely available from any phone shop which can cut sim card for you as well if you afraid to do it yourself.

Posted via CB10
    If you do go back to regular SIM size, be careful with the adapters, I know many people that have permanently damaged their SIM slots with adapters, it seems in many phones the safer bet is to slide the micro SIM into the normal SIM slot and it will hold in place or you can use a small piece of tape to hold it in place. Of course this isn't the perfect fix, but better than damaging your SIM slot.
    06-23-13 06:04 PM
    If you get your sim punched you will always be able to put the 2 pieces back together for full sized SIM requirements. I've used adapters and even just guestimated the proper position and it works well.

If you can wait a couple of weeks for shipping, you can order a sim cutter/punch for cheap from www.dx.com

Posted via talented thumbs
    06-24-13 06:38 AM
    I just bought one of these. 5 or 6 bucks shipped. Eh I like tools

Micro SIM Cutter, Converter with 2 SIM adapters - Amazon
    06-24-13 10:35 AM