Was out with the boyz last night, when a buddy of mine notice my Z10. He says how do you like it? I say I love it, best BlackBerry I've ever owned!

This is a pretty level headed dude (so not an iOS fan boy). He proceeds to ask, what's so good or different then other phones on the market? I say well, the OS is the main selling point, it does multitasking like no other phone. So I start showing him the hub, peek and flow, all the good things we've come to love about our BB10 phones.

He looks at me and says, ah...it's just not enough to get me going. If a phone like that was out 2 years ago, I'd be all over it but with just OS functionality alone, not going to do it for me. But it's still a nice looking phone!

He didn't diss the phone or BlackBerry and he actually hopes the company does well (thinks the Q10 will be their go 2 phone) but I couldn't help but wonder. Are we really too late? I certainly don't think so as to me my Z10 has become the alternative to not wanting to be like all of the rest of the iPhone people out there, I find Android confusing right out the box to use and Windows on a phone?! Sorry, I come from an era where Windows only existed on a PC or laptop and nothing else, good for them for getting mobile though.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    06-23-13 07:15 AM
    Ios sucks compare to BlackBerry 10.

Is BlackBerry 10 was so bad, why did apple copied it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    06-23-13 07:20 AM
    Huuum....odd. I actually can't find any good reason to get an iPhone

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    06-23-13 07:29 AM
    I don't agree you can be "too late", if you have a innovative (a term used way too much these days) and good product, it will sell itself. Unfortunately a lot of people are too entrenched into Eco systems that it's extremely difficult for them to "just move".

Good that your friend does seem level headed about these matters. Nothing sucks more than a night out with a "fan boy"

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye and mk2234 like this.
    06-23-13 07:29 AM
    I don't agree you can be "too late", if you have a innovative (a term used way too much these days) and good product, it will sell itself. Unfortunately a lot of people are too entrenched into Eco systems that it's extremely difficult for them to "just move".

Good that your friend does seem level headed about these matters. Nothing sucks more than a night out with a "fan boy"

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, I would have had to have fought him after the bar, had he not been so level headed!

thatplaybookguy likes this.
    06-23-13 07:34 AM
    Agreed, I would have had to have fought him after the bar, had he not been so level headed!

Easier to give people like that a smack in the gob not for his phone choice but just for how he is.

Not him, but if he had been fan boyish

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 07:36 AM
    Hub, peek & flow are great features (other platforms offer similar experiences) , however it's going to take more than that to win over smartphone users. As far as multitasking, all platforms have that ability, so that's not really a selling point either. The z10 is a good product in a pool with great products. The average smartphone user would be giving up a lot by switching to bb10 at this moment. A few updates and more apps will make the platform more appealing.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    06-23-13 07:48 AM
    He told you something and u got confused. Why you didn't cross question?

I should have been an exchange type chat not one way.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 07:54 AM
    Too late? No. But BlackBerry has to take things up a notch over the next year. BBM going cross platform will help, as will the next generation a10, I think, but it has to be more than this. It's the mobile computing concept that will matter with full integration of our mobile devices, home entertainment and our workplace. Apple pretends to be good at this but as anyone who deals with secure data can tell you, they aren't really even in the game. Android has a shot, but there are many many issues with their platform. I actually like what Windows is doing, but I think the BlackBerry OS has far and away the most promise. Still, "promise" will only get you so far... they need to keep on delivering.

Posted via CB10
    gebco and graylingboy like this.
    06-23-13 08:33 AM
    Ios doesn't worth a dime compared to a BlackBerry smartphone. OK before, internet browsing sucked but this is an old story.
    Now BlackBerry owns back what it has lost and we are proud of it.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10. <3 https : / / www.twitter.com / AlexandreAMCHIN
    06-23-13 08:38 AM
    Go BlackBerry !

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10. <3 https ://www.twitter.com/AlexandreAMCHIN
    06-23-13 08:40 AM
    Agree 100% with this.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:43 AM
    I have no loyalty to any manufacturer. I used an iPhone for 5 months as I was frustrated with my bold 9900. I own an iPad 2 and a BlackBerry PlayBook. I have to say my Z-10 has me sold currently on anything out there being offered. In a few months who knows. But for now it's hands down better than iOS.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:50 AM
    All the other phones can have all the processing power all they want (I'll be waiting for the A10) but my BB10 has the best software hands down. BB10 / QNX FTW!!!!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    coldsword likes this.
    06-23-13 08:53 AM
    I don't understand this concept of "too late" with regard to BB10 and Z10. Long time coming? Sure. Too late? This doesn't make sense. The Z10 is comparable to many other phones out there in almost every way. Have people been so tainted and limited by the Apple/Android binary that they actually believe that nothing else should even bother existing? What a sad world we live in when it can only be "one or the other."

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 09:06 AM
    You should have mentioned more than just the OS.

Usb charging, micro hdmi, dnla wireless streaming, nfc, removable battery, micro sd expansion, etc.... these are all things iPhones do not have.

Posted via CB10
    web99, bigbmc26, Creaulx and 4 others like this.
    06-23-13 09:08 AM
    Well, I'm a Z10 owner, and I think he's spot on. It's a reaction I've got from many iOS and non-iOS users.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-23-13 09:11 AM
    He gave you an honest opinion. What's wrong with that? Actually, he makes a valid point. There is nothing "special" in BB10 to pull people away from the other brands. That doesn't mean the Z and Q are not good phones. Everyone should use what is best for them and there is no reason to defend your choice.
    06-23-13 09:12 AM
    Was out with the boyz last night, when a buddy of mine notice my Z10. He says how do you like it? I say I love it, best BlackBerry I've ever owned!

This is a pretty level headed dude (so not an iOS fan boy). He proceeds to ask, what's so good or different then other phones on the market? I say well, the OS is the main selling point, it does multitasking like no other phone. So I start showing him the hub, peek and flow, all the good things we've come to love about our BB10 phones.

He looks at me and says, ah...it's just not enough to get me going. If a phone like that was out 2 years ago, I'd be all over it but with just OS functionality alone, not going to do it for me. But it's still a nice looking phone!

He didn't diss the phone or BlackBerry and he actually hopes the company does well (thinks the Q10 will be their go 2 phone) but I couldn't help but wonder. Are we really to late? I certainly don't think so as to me my Z10 has become the alternative to not wanting to be like all of the rest of the iPhone people out there, I find Android confusing right out the box to use and Windows on a phone?! Sorry, I come from an era where Windows only existed on a PC or laptop and nothing else, good for them for getting mobile though.

I've had the exact same response from my iOS friends. I usually say, well can you transfer files over Bluetooth from your phone to your computer? They usually just say I don't need to I can just use the cable. People like that who aren't tech savvy need the big ticket items or features to bring them over.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 09:13 AM

He didn't diss the phone or BlackBerry and he actually hopes the company does well (thinks the Q10 will be their go 2 phone) but I couldn't help but wonder. Are we really to late? I certainly don't think so as to me my Z10 has become the alternative to not wanting to be like all of the rest of the iPhone people out there, I find Android confusing right out the box to use and Windows on a phone?! Sorry, I come from an era where Windows only existed on a PC or laptop and nothing else, good for them for getting mobile though.

Actually, I got an early upgrade for a "Free Iphone5" and I said no.. I won't use an Iproduct even if it was for free.... Ios is so limited and closed compared to other platforms...some people like simple and basic stuff, but with new Ios 7 forget about it... people will start thinking about a plan b...
    06-23-13 09:20 AM
    Do you think it's because people have bought into the apps on an apple or android app store, and therefore would need something really different to pull them away from the ecosystem?

If I've bought $50 of apps in the app store, that would be a pretty good incentive to stick with that platform. I wonder how much $ an average apple or android user has tied up in app purchases.

Posted on my Z10
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    06-23-13 09:23 AM
    Do you think it's because people have bought into the apps on an apple or android app store, and therefore would need something really different to pull them away from the ecosystem?

If I've bought $50 of apps in the app store, that would be a pretty good incentive to stick with that platform. I wonder how much $ an average apple or android user has tied up in app purchases.

Posted on my Z10
    Yes and no, I first purchased an iphone just because I had a mac book and I just wanted the two to play nicely. After I became more knowledgeable I realized I could do most of what I wanted on other phones with caldav and cardav etc. Icloud Is really nothing more than a fancy standardized email protocol. I never purchased many super expensive apps, so I didn't mind paying again for some of them. But I can imagine some people who have paid hundreds upon hundreds for apps and rely on business apps,
    May be a bit less.enticed to leave.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 09:34 AM
    I am a BlackBerry fan boy. No doubt about it. But I'm not blind to reality. We are late to the game. Think back to not to long ago while we were all not so patiently waiting for bb10 to come out, we all knew we were late. But no, I don't think too late. And I think what these phones offer make the wait worth it in hindsight.

But here's the thing, different os's can be perfect for different types of people. Ios is highly simplified. Android is highly customizable. I'm bringing my folks into the smartphone world as we speak. My mother is technologically deficient. She doesn't even email. She just wants to talk and text and voice to text. I think the iPhone is for her. (hurts to even say that) my father is a computer junky. He wants apps. And will want to mess with his system a lot I know. Android for him. Me, I use my phone for everything in my life. I'm constantly in my calendar, email, messaging, now remember, personal and business is all done through my phone. And I don't use my computer anymore except to pay one bill that has an odd website. BlackBerry is for me.

My problem is people constantly stating iPhone is best, it can do everything BlackBerry can, or even android. It can't. That mess of app switching is not multitasking. Not even close. And it has got to be the worst method to try and trick people in to thinking it is. It has apps! So many apps! That's their win. It's a big win, a huge win, and their only win. Oh, and it's the phone the 'popular kids' use. But BlackBerry has made major changes and brought some very unique functions to the table. And I think these are enough to win a lot of people over. Not all of them. I have no hopes that BlackBerry will be number one, or even number two anytime soon. But they're definitely playing the game now, and playing hard.

Posted via CB10
    gebco, web99, Deathcoffin and 12 others like this.
    06-23-13 09:37 AM
    I like my z10 but sometimes it just gets a little bit buggy so I might change to iPhone since the new ios7 does look nice compared to bb10
    06-23-13 09:43 AM
    Ios sucks compare to BlackBerry 10.

Is BlackBerry 10 was so bad, why did apple copied it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    Apple didn't. Apple copied WebOS. So did BlackBerry .

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, rnhld, bp3dots and 7 others like this.
    06-23-13 09:51 AM
243 123 ...