I live at UNITED ARAB EMIRATES. Tried to use both Service provider (etisalat and du). Still my bbm voice chat seems not to work . Back in Australia my 9780 works absolutely fine with any carrier . All i need is to connect wifi and booom it works!

I tried all the possible ways {port forwarding, manually config ip, (used 'hotspot shield' to unblock all the restriction by the service provider and create a access point using 'connectify hotspot' "http://www.connectify.me" and connect my 9780 with it!) used DNS and all} Went thru all blogs and forums that i could find at google. The conclusion is FLOP!

Is there any expert in the house to help me out with it. I believe there is a way, to access BBM VOICE chat at dubai aka UNITED ARAB EMIRATES aka UAE aka etisalat aka du! After all its made by HUMANS (one of us)!
    06-23-13 06:48 AM
    There are two versions of BBM7. One with voice and one without. So you have to get your hands on the right version first then install it.

Afterwards use proxy to bypass the blocking.

I am not sure if it works though cuz I never tried it

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SHOBOKSHY; 06-23-13 at 02:18 PM.
    06-23-13 01:18 PM
    thanks for the reply SHOBOKSHY... I am right now using the beta version of bbm 8 (v8.0.0.44)... Did used previous version too, (7.0.1.23, 7.0.0.126 and 7.0.0.121) this all have option of VOICE CHAT. At the beginning, it use to work fine with me. But later service provider "etisalat and du" blocked it. When people around started to demand to unblock it. They tweeted saying, actually they are testing it.
    My question is testing what :S when it was working fine and itz being around 6months they have blocked it. Anyway!
    Can you explain me about bypassing the proxy, so that i can give it a try.

PS: If it doesn't work in a month, i will switch to Android. I badly need VoIP to be in touch with my family at Canada! Calling direct from cell, it dam far expensive here at UAE! Other VoIP software like VIBER and rest are blocked too! Except for skype, which sadly previous blackberry model doesn't have.
    06-24-13 05:55 AM
    Do your research.

BBM voice and video calls are restricted in the UAE.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 06:03 AM
    Do your research.

BBM voice and video calls are restricted in the UAE.

Posted via CB10
    I did my research AzzlanOfBB... And i knw itz restricted in the UAE Thtz why i called for expert in the house, to look into the matter and create or explain the method to by-pass the restriction. All the VoIP's are restricted here for their revenue sake! Still people uses VoIP's by using software like hotspot shield to access it. Sadly as far as i know, there is no such for blackberry!
    If you know a way, help us. Dont ask us to give up, because it RESTRICTED!
    Last edited by Sohail Mohd Zebarul Hoque; 06-24-13 at 06:34 AM.
    06-24-13 06:21 AM
    I did my research AzzlanOfBB... And i knw itz restricted in the UAE Thtz why i called for expert in the house, to look into the matter and create or explain the method to by-pass the restriction. All the VoIP's are restricted here for their revenue sake! Still people uses VoIP's by using software like hotspot shield to access it. Sadly as far as i know, there is no such for blackberry!
    If you know a way, help us. Dont ask us to give up, because it RESTRICTED!
    Lool, as you have said "sadly as far as I know, there is no such for BlackBerry".

There isn't a solution for this at the moment. Just wait till they remove the restrictions ;p which is probably going to be never *dunno*

But keep trying, you might come across a solution for this.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:01 AM
    Lool, as you have said "sadly as far as I know, there is no such for BlackBerry".

There isn't a solution for this at the moment. Just wait till they remove the restrictions ;p which is probably going to be never *dunno*

But keep trying, you might come across a solution for this.

Posted via CB10
    I knw they wont! Whole system over here treats people as slavery! Have you ever wondered how this desert turned into wealthy country. Only with oil? No tax? Yea sure, you got it dam right!
    06-24-13 10:16 AM
    Guys wake up with the recent OS update on my Z10 (ver 10.1.0.4181) I have both voice and video chat on BBM now, wonderful.......

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 02:04 PM
    Guys wake up with the recent OS update on my Z10 (ver 10.1.0.4181) I have both voice and video chat on BBM now, wonderful.......

Posted via CB10
    do you use a du sim card?
    09-13-13 06:25 AM
    I got both du and etisalat
    10-17-13 11:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    It doesnt :P lier
    10-17-13 11:39 AM
    I got both du and etisalat
    As far as i have discovered, using a du sim card allows you to make and recieve bbm video and voice calls over wifi.
    However, as soon as you insert an Etisalat sim, the service is blocked.
    10-19-13 04:07 PM
    hi dude.. my version is 10.2.0.424, still i can access bbm video chat in my Q10
    yamen.sati likes this.
    10-27-13 03:11 AM
    Make sure that your handset is not locked to Etisalat, then theoretically it should work on wi-fi (or du network).

I personally didn't get it to work, but im very new to blackberry and I dont have enough contacts to confirm that it does work.(it shows an error that "This contact is not available for BBM video chat")

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 09:59 AM
    Did you try through a vpn service?
    01-05-14 11:54 AM
    Did you try through a vpn service?
    Has anyone confirmed a method that will on the BBM10 in UAE ? having an unlocked phone isn't enough. When I stayed there, even paying roaming data fees I couldn't access BBM Voice on BB7. Now that I have BBM10, next time I go, I would like to be able to use this service.

I read on a random site, that BBM 10 Beta could bypass this restriction. Has anyone tried that?
    01-15-14 01:48 PM
    this method worked with me on an android platform

first, put ur phone on the plane mode
    second, turn off your blackberry messenger
    third, open a VPN program as "Hotspot shield"
    then open BBM

i think on blackberry platforms you will need to shut down all the connection
    then use proxy configuration
    then restart your phone and dont open any connection until it restarts
    then open only wifi
    03-02-14 11:29 AM
    Has anyone confirmed a method that will on the BBM10 in UAE ? having an unlocked phone isn't enough. When I stayed there, even paying roaming data fees I couldn't access BBM Voice on BB7. Now that I have BBM10, next time I go, I would like to be able to use this service.

I read on a random site, that BBM 10 Beta could bypass this restriction. Has anyone tried that?
    I didn't get a chance to try it in UAE but I successfully unblocked many restrictions in china instead, using built-in VPN client on Z10. So I think it worth to try it in UAE either.
    I used the following instruction guide to set it up on my device if it could help:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=KJveVWzg
    03-07-14 08:57 AM
    Hi, I just noticed that BBM on my nexus 5 on a DU line whether connected to Wifi or not, support bbm voice and I have used it. However on my Z30, which is an etisalat line,seems to still be blocked, even when connected to the same wifi, which is an etisalat connection, strange? Does this have something to do with the provider or phone OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 10:39 AM
    This has to do with the provider. I'm on T-Mobile in Hungary (now Telekom) and they are blocking BBM chat on the regular data connection through their network, but I can make bbm video and voice calls over mobile. There are two other carriers Vodafone and Telecom and both sim cards provide BlackBerry services (bbm chat, email) through the normal data connection. Some carriers are intentionally doing this to force people to buy the old bis plans even though they are not required. Really ridiculous..

Posted from that new Z30
    04-26-14 04:54 AM
    hello i cant use bbm over the wifi and also cant setup voice calling?
    any one can help me?
    08-25-14 04:46 AM
    aright folks, update to the latest BBM on BB10 OS 10.3.xx - Use a VPN & it 'works' both on Cellular & Wifi. However, strangely it does sometimes work intermittently if you force your device to 3G/HSPA+ (Without the VPN as well). Hope it gets whitelisted, it's no different than Skype, Google Talk anyway when it comes to white-listing
    Last edited by starchywhispers; 11-16-14 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Corrections
    11-14-14 01:28 PM
    aright folks, update to the latest BBM on BB10 OS 10.3.xx - Use a VPN & it 'works' both on Cellular & Wifi. However, strangely it does sometimes work intermittently if you force your device to 3G/HSPA+ (Without the VPN as well). Hope it gets whitelisted, it's no different than Skype, Google Talk anyway when it comes to white-listing
    Which VPN software or service is good?

... Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 ...
    12-16-14 11:47 AM