Whenever I either upload a photo that I took with my z10, or open it in pic shop to edit it, or anything like that, my photos always turn sideways. And no, I didn't take the photo sideways by forgetting to unlock the screen orientation. Anyone else have this happening?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 11:03 AM
    Yes. I have to rotate each picture. Drives me nuts.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.2354)
    06-22-13 11:05 AM
    It definitely happens. Hopefully that will be corrected
    06-22-13 11:10 AM
    Nope, I do not have this problem.

Posted via CB10
    PostMortem likes this.
    06-22-13 11:56 AM
    Neither do i

Posted via CB10
    PostMortem likes this.
    06-22-13 03:59 PM
    I don't have this issue either

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    PostMortem likes this.
    06-22-13 04:23 PM
    Happens frequently for me too. I take a pic with the z10 upright and I'll send it to my wife. Its sideways for her. In my phone it displays fine.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 04:28 PM
    This doesn't happen to me.
    PostMortem likes this.
    06-22-13 04:39 PM
    Happens frequently for me too. I take a pic with the z10 upright and I'll send it to my wife. Its sideways for her. In my phone it displays fine.

Posted via CB10
    People still haven't figured this out? You have to take a picture in landscape otherwise it will just make your picture landscape anyway.

All phones do this, there's a YouTube video you can watch that teaches people the misconseption about taking pics with phones.

Posted via CB10
    PostMortem and CHARLIE81MT like this.
    06-22-13 04:40 PM
    As my pic reflects, yes i too realized this mishap... duh

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 05:59 PM
    Are you sure you're giving your phone time to rotate in the camera app?

Posted via CB10
    shivaji likes this.
    06-22-13 06:34 PM
    Funny thing is that sometimes I have the same issue sometimes not, but for my wife's White Z10 photo orientation is correct always

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 07:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    I was just thinking the same thing. Or maybe portrait lock is enabled. If I take a pic in landscape and upload it through portrait mode it automatically shows it in landscape.

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    06-22-13 08:27 PM
    I've found
    If Portrait lock is off, then one of my image viewing programs (Directory Opus) will always display camera images correctly.
    If Portrait lock is on, then the same viewer will show landscape shots turned to portrait orientation.

Another viewer will always exhibit what's being discussed here.
    06-23-13 12:18 PM
    I don't seem to have this issue. Of course I always take pictures in landscape mode because I like to see them on my TV afterwards and can't stand vertical pictures with huge amounts of wasted space... unless I'm trying to get a vertical picture of something for perspective, but that rarely happens.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 12:36 PM
    Hmm, never had this happen to me. Can you just take it back and ask for another phone?
    06-23-13 01:00 PM
    I've found
    If Portrait lock is off, then one of my image viewing programs (Directory Opus) will always display camera images correctly.
    If Portrait lock is on, then the same viewer will show landscape shots turned to portrait orientation.

Another viewer will always exhibit what's being discussed here.
    where can I see this portrait lock?

Posted using The Z10
    06-23-13 11:27 PM
    Rotation lock of the display causes it, which is ridiculous. The camera functionality should bypass the displays rotation lock.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.2354)
    06-26-13 08:02 PM
    Does it for me. Have to rotate every one of them

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 08:24 PM
    People still haven't figured this out? You have to take a picture in landscape otherwise it will just make your picture landscape anyway.

All phones do this, there's a YouTube video you can watch that teaches people the misconseption about taking pics with phones.

Posted via CB10
    This is not true, I have many devices that rotate the pics and have seen many others where pic or video can be landscape or portrait. Pre3 tells you to rotate before starting to record video but pictures do both, for example.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I am thinking, combined with the gyro detecting direction when the user doesn't realize it. I have taken pictures in wrong rotation or upside because I tilted the phone a lil too much one way before snapping the pic.
    06-26-13 09:09 PM
    I had the exact same problem with sideways photos on facebook with my Z10, I am not sure 100% how I fixed it but this is what I did anyway...

I switched the photo to sports mode and took a photo (whilst in facebook) uploaded it, and voila the photo was displayed on my facebook page the correct way.

I then reset back to Auto and uploaded a pic to test it and all has been good so far..

Hope this helps some people, this definitely seems to be a glitch though guys on some Z10 phones.
    09-01-13 04:36 AM
    Ignore last post, it has gone back to uploading to facebook sideways again, Weird, was working for about an hour then reverted back, confused.....
    09-01-13 06:47 PM
    I had the exact same problem with sideways photos on facebook with my Z10, I am not sure 100% how I fixed it but this is what I did anyway...

I switched the photo to sports mode and took a photo (whilst in facebook) uploaded it, and voila the photo was displayed on my facebook page the correct way.

I then reset back to Auto and uploaded a pic to test it and all has been good so far..

Hope this helps some people, this definitely seems to be a glitch though guys on some Z10 phones.
    Make sure rotation lock is off. I only had this problem on 10.0. One of the many updates has rectified it. Ages ago.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-01-13 06:55 PM
    Ignore last post, it has gone back to uploading to facebook sideways again, Weird, was working for about an hour then reverted back, confused.....
    Is it like posting a pic on Kiijjii that you took in landscape, and ends up sideways. Take a shot in portrait and post. Is it sideways. Wondering if it is a facebook toggle to find and select. Perhaps from the website version settings.
    Just a guess. I don't really do much of anything with Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 07:56 PM
    It only happens when I take a photo from within Facebook. If I use the Z10 camera and share to Fbook it comes up ok. Example in my profile pic of a photo I just took of a picture at work... posts sideways...

Oh and the rotation lock didn't effect this. Hopefully theres a firmware update in the post!
    09-01-13 10:39 PM
33 12