Hi guys

I recently this week upgraded to a Blackberry q10. Everything is working fine apart from sms. Messages come in to the inbox and I can see them but when I try to open them, nothing, they won't open at all. I can't compose any let alone send them. I am on O2 and have spoken to the tech team. All solutions have failed, they have suggested 3g mast faults, changing the bolt on's to blackberry compatible ones?? and all sorts but nothing has worked. Any ideas or help at all? I have this great new phone but not being able to read or send messages is driving me crazy(ier).
    06-21-13 02:06 AM
    They? Who's they?

Factory reset or return for a new one m

Cranky
    06-21-13 05:20 AM
    I had the same problem. I'm guessing that you had a previous BlackBerry and loaded all the text messages from it onto your new one. I tried a bunch of different solutions. What ended up working was deleting all of my previous messages that got loaded from my old device. It seems like there's a reason they don't let you keep messages forever like they used to. The new phones just can't handle all those messages.

Not an optimal solution but it worked for me and you can always reload the messages back if it doesn't work.
    06-21-13 08:27 PM
    'They' being O2 the mobile network provider lol sorry. No I didn't upload my messages. It's the one thing I didn't do which is why I thought it so odd. I will keep trying if not ask for a replacement as the one most vital part for me is the use of sms. Thank you for your help both though I will return to let you know the outcome
    06-22-13 01:56 AM
    please let me know if you found any solution,
    I have same problem and I don't know what should I do.
    06-23-13 09:30 AM
    Did you guys get a fix for this?? Im in the same boat! Thanks
    06-27-13 03:33 AM
    You have to delete all old text messages imported from your prior device

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 07:26 AM
    i have the same problem .... i cant even delete the massages from text screen ... cant make any thing ....i need solution i cant receive any text also ...!!
    06-27-13 04:44 PM
    If you can't access the texts I would suggest trying to wipe the phone clean and then reload it without importing old texts

Posted via CB10
    Mohammed Salam likes this.
    06-28-13 04:17 AM
    Any solution found? am having the same Problem.
    Last edited by SaharJoon; 07-31-13 at 01:39 AM.
    Aldrin Diongco likes this.
    07-31-13 01:29 AM
    Any solution to this? I am very disappointed with my new Q10. Installed all OS versions but this freaking problem with SMS has not been resolved yet. I do not know what to do. I might as well just sell this phone and go back to iPhone.
    08-01-13 06:27 PM
    have you found solution to this?
    08-01-13 06:29 PM
    OP did you buy the Q10 and then update it to a new software operating system version?

A new operating system version was released this week and one of the problems with it is with SMS.

It seems I'm one of them who haven't had the SMS problem hence why I haven't read about it much in these forums. It may be worth checking out the "10.1.0.4181 SMS" threads.

If you're unsure if you have updated you can check your current OS version by typing 'myver' then press spacebar. It will look the same if not similar to mine... Q10SQN100-3/10.1.0.4633

Posted via my CB Q10
    08-01-13 06:39 PM
    This has happened to me aswell! ow do i solve this :'(
    08-09-13 11:22 AM
    This happens every time I reboot the phone but has a simple fix. After first rebooting, go to your text messages in the hub. Type "B" or scroll all the way to the bottom of the text messages. Open the conversation that is at the bottom and wait for it to load. After it loads, you should be able to go back and open any of your text messages as normal.
    08-09-13 11:27 AM
    I have an interesting, related problem and wonder if anyone else has had the same. Intermittently (every couple of days) when I try to open a message in the hub (text or e-mail) the body of the message will show as all white with no text. After that I can go back to the hub and my device still receives new messages, but I can't open any other messages (no matter where they come from) and if I try to restart the hub it will just hang on the 'preparing blackberry hub message (I've given it 15 mins and no luck). I've been loading all the fantastic leaked versions of BB10 for my Q10 right up to this weekend's one and still have the problem. I've also tried security wipes and restoring from old backups but that doesn't fix the issue. Has anyone else experienced this and can offer any suggestions please?
    09-15-13 04:35 AM
    This happens every time I reboot the phone but has a simple fix. After first rebooting, go to your text messages in the hub. Type "B" or scroll all the way to the bottom of the text messages. Open the conversation that is at the bottom and wait for it to load. After it loads, you should be able to go back and open any of your text messages as normal.
    Funny that all these people went through great lengths to fix it. Just happened to me, I read your post, followed the instructions, and my texts began to work properly. Thank you.
    09-30-13 08:01 PM
    Why has the download of the 10.1 software release destroyed half my apps and my sms functions
    11-03-13 09:05 AM
    Hiya I got a blackberry q10.. love the phone. But it won't let me read or even open my messages.. I can see the messages but still won't let me open erm, apart from that the fone works really good.. and my app world.. the prson hu had the fone be for me had a blackberry id and I don't no password to get in to it? So is there any way I can change the I'd? With out useing the password please help me
    11-10-13 07:00 AM
    Hey have you found out how to use it? .. mine is the same it won't let me open any message at all.. but let's me do everything eles.. could you help me please?
    11-10-13 09:33 AM