I never have good luck getting album art to properly appear on my device. Almost every one of the thousands of MP3s I have on my computer has album art painstaikingly configured to appear

For some reason, the Z10 hates my iTunes album art. Like hates it! It will - at best- display 1 in 20 album covers correctly. It either doesn't show them at all or puts the wrong cover on.

In particular, it seems to hate album art downloaded using iTunes' "Get Album Artwork" feature. Those almost never show up correctly. It's a bit better with covers I copy and paste in.

Anyone know any tips for getting album art to appear in the BlackBerry 10 music app, by way of Link for Mac? My iPod is a bit finicky on a few tunes, but most art appears fine on that.
    06-20-13 09:29 PM
    I never have good luck getting album art to properly appear on my device. Almost every one of the thousands of MP3s I have on my computer has album art painstaikingly configured to appear

For some reason, the Z10 hates my iTunes album art. Like hates it! It will - at best- display 1 in 20 album covers correctly. It either doesn't show them at all or puts the wrong cover on.

In particular, it seems to hate album art downloaded using iTunes' "Get Album Artwork" feature. Those almost never show up correctly. It's a bit better with covers I copy and paste in.

Anyone know any tips for getting album art to appear in the BlackBerry 10 music app, by way of Link for Mac? My iPod is a bit finicky on a few tunes, but most art appears fine on that.
    I don't use iTunes for my music. I use folders. Some of mine have album art and some don't. I'd like to add what's missing. So you're saying I can go to iTunes and download the album art there?

Someone else was just complaining about the lack of album art yesterday on these threads. I haven't seen anyone with an answer! There isn't anyway to auto download art while the music is playing, is there?
    06-21-13 07:27 AM
    So you're saying I can go to iTunes and download the album art there?
    Yes - if you select the songs in iTunes, right click and select 'download Album Art", it will put the artwork down from the iTunes store.

This can be flaky as well, but it will probably get a lot of your album art leaving only a subset to manually add.
    06-21-13 08:34 AM
    Yes - if you select the songs in iTunes, right click and select 'download Album Art", it will put the artwork down from the iTunes store.

This can be flaky as well, but it will probably get a lot of your album art leaving only a subset to manually add.
    Make sure you can see your files on your iPod
    For some reason, sometimes iTunes has been reported to download artwork, but not insert it into the audio file itself, but into an itunes folder
    It still shows up on itunes, but it's not on the file
    Also, I suggest using m4a format, because it's the most failproof
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    06-21-13 08:37 AM
    Use musicbrainz picard on all your music folders and get it to embed the album art as well as save a copy to the folder as a jpeg.

Strip the old tags and replace with new ones.

Problems solved.
    06-21-13 08:38 AM
    I tag my files with Mp3tag, add album art directly into the files and save the album art as folder.jpg for good measure. I can't think of any similar software for Mac, but it's probably out there.

Also, everything is in an artist / album / files structure.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 10:35 AM
    Make sure you can see your files on your iPod
    For some reason, sometimes iTunes has been reported to download artwork, but not insert it into the audio file itself, but into an itunes folder
    It still shows up on itunes, but it's not on the file
    Also, I suggest using m4a format, because it's the most failproof
    Thanks! I really appreciate this! Forgetting Z10, it's flaky across Apple devices. The Mac shows the artwork universally; the iPod and iPhone shows most artwork but not all; the Apple TV often misses artwork that the Mac, iPod and iPhone show.

Leads me to believe it's partly Links issue, but also Apple iTunes is flaky itself
    Riaan6302 likes this.
    06-21-13 12:46 PM
    Use musicbrainz picard on all your music folders and get it to embed the album art as well as save a copy to the folder as a jpeg.

Strip the old tags and replace with new ones.

Problems solved.
    I was trying to figure this out with Picard on a Mac. Didn't seem immediately apparent on how you auto-select and embed. Or is this done manually?

Link is really flaky with album art. I find sometimes iTunes art shows up fine and sometimes it doesn't. It's the weirdest thing. Which they'd fix this.
    07-15-13 09:44 AM
    Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 02:10 PM
    I just put the album art in the same folder as the Music MP3 ripped CD and name the picture folder.jpg

Keep in mind that all my album arts were in the .jpg format to start with. works like a charm for me.
    07-15-13 03:26 PM
    The only thing you need to do, is rename the picture to Folder E.G. Tiesto-Elements of Life renamed to Folder

Leave the picture as a jpeg.

I've done this when needed and problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 04:04 PM
    Media monkey

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 08:28 PM