Hey all,

I got my Q10. I don't want a case, but it seems like I should. For my 9930, I had this

Now, has anyone purchase the equivalent for the Q? Is it this or this?

I know, soft doesnt seem accurate, but I remember the rubber sides on the 9930 case...so I'm curious.

And sorry mods if I posted this in the wrong forum, just answer me and delete the thread! thank you!
    06-20-13 01:21 PM
    The Q10 Hard-Shell has rubber like sides, while the back is a more heavier material. The transition border hardplastic -> rubber matches almost perfectly with the devices Glass-Weave -> steel band. The back is textured and comes with the nice silver BB logo. However, the back is surely more slippery compared to the devices back.
    06-20-13 01:30 PM
    I have the silicone case from Verizon. It is black but semitransparent so you can actually see the glass weave pattern on the back of the phone. I really like it. Doesn't add signficant bulk but has a lip that goes around the edge of the front and back.
    06-20-13 01:39 PM
    The Q10 Hard-Shell has rubber like sides, while the back is a more heavier material. The transition border hardplastic -> rubber matches almost perfectly with the devices Glass-Weave -> steel band. The back is textured and comes with the nice silver BB logo. However, the back is surely more slippery compared to the devices back.
    Thanks! I think I'll keep it naked because I love the feel of the device naked. I never dropped my iPhone.
    bbrygrrl likes this.
    06-20-13 01:39 PM
    My iPhone stressed me out so much due to the fear of dropping it... but for the Q10 I rather be nekkid too.

Thanks! I think I'll keep it naked because I love the feel of the device naked. I never dropped my iPhone.
    kdeane001 likes this.
    06-20-13 03:30 PM
    I'm pretty happy I got my case from a phone shop for my Q10. I dropped it today while I was running for the train, luckily only the corner of the case were scratched.

Personally I find Q10 without a case to be a bit thin for my hands.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 03:47 PM
    My iPhone stressed me out so much due to the fear of dropping it... but for the Q10 I rather be nekkid too.
    Yep, same here!!! and I left it naked for the past 2 weeks after having a Speck on it forever, because I felt threatened! Also, the iPhone naked was a tiny too uncomfortable in my hand.
    06-20-13 04:06 PM
    I feel safer when my BB is somewhere I can feel it so I picked up a leather holster from the ATT store. I've used these holsters for years and really like them. It provides easy access, BB protection and battery saver when in the holster.
    06-20-13 04:15 PM
    I have the hard case and while it serves it's purpose I love the leather flip case. It's a tough case with the functionality of the BlackBerry holster all in one. Perfect case in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 04:54 PM
    I have the hard case and while it serves it's purpose I love the leather flip case. It's a tough case with the functionality of the BlackBerry holster all in one. Perfect case in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    But isn't the flip part awkwark to hold on to when it's folded back and youu have to use the device?

Posted using a Q10
    06-20-13 08:22 PM
    I have the soft case. It's a decent, no frills case. The Q10 definitely feels better and more premium without the case, but with the case on it still feels nicer than the S4 naked funnily enough.
    06-20-13 08:28 PM
    But isn't the flip part awkwark to hold on to when it's folded back and youu have to use the device?

Posted using a Q10
    I thought the same thing but when I received it I was surprised that it was easy to use and never really got in the way. The quality is amazing. There is a small magnifier for the led notification light that works very well. It's a great case.
    06-20-13 08:30 PM
    Thanks for all of the responses everyone.

I have decided to keep mine naked. I have a little rug on my desk to keep my phone on at work and if I'm ever out and about it's either in my hand and not going anywhere or in my pocket. I never dropped my iPhone and I honestly love the feel of the satin back. I enjoy the feel of the 9930 too though, it had a little stickyness to it.
    06-21-13 08:56 AM
    I tried the hard case and although it feels solid and will give protection, the hard plastic ruins the feel of the Q10, not to mention being slippery and more likely to give you sweaty palms when power-using.

In the end I settled on the leather pocket when in transport, nekkid when in use. Sweet

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 09:14 AM
    I agree with an earlier post about the hard shell. Yeah it looks nice (not nearly as nice as the weave) it gets very slippery. I'm thinking about just getting a screen protector and going naked because the feel is real nice with nothing on the back.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 09:44 AM
    I got the Incipio Plextonium hybrid. It works great, fits snug and its not domineeringly huge.
    Only problem I have had so far is that I have noticed a slight yellowing on the white [I have the white/gray] which is problematic. I contacted Incipio to see if they will replace it and it was the effect of some reaction to a wood varnish on my computer desk. We'll see, otherwise its an amazing case and I highly recommend it!
    06-21-13 09:45 AM
    I tried the hard case and although it feels solid and will give protection, the hard plastic ruins the feel of the Q10, not to mention being slippery and more likely to give you sweaty palms when power-using.

In the end I settled on the leather pocket when in transport, nekkid when in use. Sweet

Posted via CB10
    I agree with an earlier post about the hard shell. Yeah it looks nice (not nearly as nice as the weave) it gets very slippery. I'm thinking about just getting a screen protector and going naked because the feel is real nice with nothing on the back.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with both of you about the plastic. I eventually noticed that on my 9930 and went naked.

I am awaiting 3M to make a privacy screen for the Q, as I have not yet seen one. I am scared of the AMOLED though. Their privacy screen for the 9930 was a great buy.
    06-21-13 10:52 AM
    Whatever you do make sure you get a case. Didn't think I needed one but was sitting at a park bench talking to a friend and clumsy me accidentally flung my phone onto the pavement. Whew!!! I was so glad I had the soft shell on the phone!!! I checked my phone thoroughly and no scuffs whatsoever! Lessone learned!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 06-21-13 at 02:26 PM.
    06-21-13 01:04 PM
    you should get the hard shell OEM one. It looks like it's part of the phone, has a nice metallic BlackBerry logo.

I got the soft one from them, and it was loose and didn't fit very well. The Q10 is too pretty to scuff up
    06-21-13 01:21 PM
    you should get the hard shell OEM one. It looks like it's part of the phone, has a nice metallic BlackBerry logo.

I got the soft one from them, and it was loose and didn't fit very well. The Q10 is too pretty to scuff up
    I have the soft shell and note that the lip of the case doesn't cover the top of the bezel. Is that the same on the hard shell?

Posted using a Q10
    06-23-13 05:42 PM
    I have the soft shell and note that the lip of the case doesn't cover the top of the bezel. Is that the same on the hard shell?

Posted using a Q10
    Yep it's the same on the hard shell as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 07:40 PM