Running ICS and not as pretty as Q10, but will be $100 cheaper and running Android. Interesting move by AT&T.

AT&T NEC Terrain official: 3.1-inch screen, PTT, QWERTY keyboard and ICS for $100
    06-19-13 01:28 PM
    Ewwwww its ugly

Z10
    06-19-13 01:29 PM
    LOL. Interesting look.

But it's a good price, and there are not any hoops to jump through with regards to most apps. Won't knock off the Q10, but I doubt that is even what NEC/AT&T want.
    06-19-13 01:45 PM
    Wouldn't apps have to be modified to fit different screen size as well as the possibility of including the keyboard in their function? Hmmm, that sounds familiar . . .
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    06-19-13 01:46 PM
    I actually feel bad for android users, not getting a decent candybar qwerty device. Every single one that comes along is a year or more behind technologically.
    06-19-13 01:50 PM
    I actually feel bad for android users, not getting a decent candybar qwerty device. Every single one that comes along is a year or more behind technologically.
    LOL

Trust me, no need to feel sorry for them. If there was demand for one, it would be there. I think most Android manufacturers are more than happy to cede the physical keyboard market to BBRY.
    bp3dots likes this.
    06-19-13 01:54 PM
    For a big screen like that, the keyboard sure is small. Imma go to the nearest atnt store just to check it out lol
    06-19-13 01:55 PM
    All those manufacturers that use Android, and not one of them can build a keyboard/phone to looking as nice as a BlackBerry.
    BBSafi likes this.
    06-19-13 01:57 PM
    All those manufacturers that use Android, and not one of them can build a keyboard/phone to looking as nice as a BlackBerry.
    They are not trying too hard. The keyboard segment is perceived to be shrinking, which is why you these half-hearted efforts by the likes of NEC.
    06-19-13 02:00 PM
    They are not trying too hard. The keyboard segment is perceived to be shrinking, which is why you these half-hearted efforts by the likes of NEC.
    I actually think they underestimated the market and ultimately that will help Blackberry rebound. I think if someone had made a top of the line spec'd Android phone with a solid build 2 years ago and continued to update it, you would find a lot less people jumping back for the Q10. The door was left cracked and it is up to the Q10 to fill that market.
    SK122387 and Bobert_123 like this.
    06-19-13 02:36 PM
    Just another half-hearted slap together of parts by an Asian OEM. Nothing to see here...
    06-19-13 02:56 PM
    I actually think they underestimated the market and ultimately that will help Blackberry rebound. I think if someone had made a top of the line spec'd Android phone with a solid build 2 years ago and continued to update it, you would find a lot less people jumping back for the Q10. The door was left cracked and it is up to the Q10 to fill that market.
    I think there is a market for it, but for all practical purposes, it is cornered by BBRY. Thus, the ROI to make a competitive product is just not there.

I do agree that the Q10 will more or less show where that segment is headed.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    06-19-13 03:02 PM
    Running ICS and not as pretty as Q10, but will be $100 cheaper and running Android. Interesting move by AT&T.

AT&T NEC Terrain official: 3.1-inch screen, PTT, QWERTY keyboard and ICS for $100
    It has dedicated full stop/period and comma keys... I'd LOVE that. Still can't get used to the lack of those on the BB. Especially the comma.
    06-19-13 03:21 PM
    This just goes to show how difficult it is to build a qwerty and still have it look attractive and have a great typing experience. Kudos to AT&T/NEC you have just made the Q5 look like a gem! Forget about the Q10, you're not even touching that! I wonder what the typing experience would be like. From the looks of those tightly packed keys, not looking pretty!
    06-19-13 03:33 PM
    That's a hideous phone
    06-19-13 03:36 PM
    After looking at the phone on the text (link) I believe probably none of us on this forum would be interested in it however, I can certainly see the use for it for people that are in construction or similar fields of employment. The "push-to-talk" is reminecent of the older Nokia push to talk phones that were used in the field (and still are) and this is built and looks similar. Water proof and dust proof is certainly good selling points for someone working near water or in windy conditions. My guess is if the phone is built well enough and works well enough, it may fit a need for some military units as well. Still not for a business person on the go or someone that wants the top of the line smartphone.
    That said, it certainly is NOT a Q10 or designed to do what the Q10 does. No comparison, but no reason to be negative about it. All phones are not for everyone as we see daily on these forums. Can't wait to get my Q10 Friday but will check out the other to see what it looks like in person--still Q10 for me all the way! Going to miss my 9810 though! LOL
    06-19-13 03:56 PM
    Totally agree. If Sony Ericsson had released a new Mini Pro, I would never have come over to BlackBerry (and TBH, if they released one today, I'd spend the cash to buy that phone and stop using the Q10), but as it was I really had no choice.

If you really talk to people about how they feel about the on screen keyboard, a large percentage hate them. They have just been forced down that road because that's what is out there on the "premium" devices.
    06-19-13 04:29 PM
    that phone is running ICS??? (Ice Cream Sandwich) I don't think Android supports ICS anymore. If they still do they are very close to stopping.
    06-19-13 04:53 PM
    those keys SUCK....$20 says any BB user or any FORMER BB user will pitch it in the can in less than a week
    SK122387 likes this.
    06-19-13 04:59 PM
    it seems most of you overlook the fact is not a typical device and made for rugged use and such. Not for you average office worked or anything
    21stNow likes this.
    06-19-13 05:02 PM
    This looks like it came from a catalog that had on the previous page a $25 "Android Tablet" shipped directly from China. This does show the phone companies do realize that there are many people who want a physical keyboard on their phone. $99 without a contract and they might sell some.

Maybe this is att's way of getting back at Blackberry since T-Mobile had the phone for sale before they had it. I'm guessing we'll be seeing this guy soon on some of the cable tv shopping channels for maybe $150 without a contract.
    06-19-13 05:47 PM
    what is the device name again? the NEC TrainWreck?
    angieberry10 likes this.
    06-19-13 05:48 PM
    oh, sorry it was NEC Terrain
    06-19-13 05:48 PM
    06-19-13 05:54 PM
    Android buat q 10
    06-19-13 05:55 PM
27 12