Does anyone know of a company that makes lapel mics that are compatible with BB10 devices? I want to record audio from a lapel mic straight to my Z10 for podcasting and other media projects. I contacted RODE about their smartLav mic, but they've never tested it on a BB10 device. It was made for iPhone and they've tested it on a number of HTC Android phones for compatibility but not BB10. Kind of ridiculous since testing for compatibility with a new line of devices on a new platform could help to make them more money. Since I'm able to record from a RODE shotgun mic to my Z10 I imagine the RODE lapel mic should also work. I still want to know if anyone can recommend a lapel mic they've used that works with a BB10 device. Thanks!
    06-19-13 12:06 AM
    Does anyone know of a company that makes lapel mics that are compatible with BB10 devices? I want to record audio from a lapel mic straight to my Z10 for podcasting and other media projects. I contacted RODE about their smartLav mic, but they've never tested it on a BB10 device. It was made for iPhone and they've tested it on a number of HTC Android phones for compatibility but not BB10. Kind of ridiculous since testing for compatibility with a new line of devices on a new platform could help to make them more money. Since I'm able to record from a RODE shotgun mic to my Z10 I imagine the RODE lapel mic should also work. I still want to know if anyone can recommend a lapel mic they've used that works with a BB10 device. Thanks!
    Generally speaking if it works on an iPhone it will work on a Z10. The controls on my headphones work just fine.
    07-23-13 08:15 PM