Reqest for Beta Testers for Pouch, a BB10 Pocket Client-q10_list.png

Pocket is a must-have app on any platform. Unfortunately, on BB10, the options are underwhelming. The sideloaded Android app doesn't work properly, and apps in the App World offer a suboptimal experience. When I moved to this platform, I downloaded each of them, hoping for a gem, and was disappointed. The best option (so far) has been to open a link in the Browser, then use the Pocket bookmarklet to send it to my list. Pocket is so central to the way I use the web, I decided I couldn't live like this any more.

Presenting... Pouch.

My goal with this app is to create the ABSOLUTE BEST BB10 pocket client. I've tried to faithfully recreate the excellent look and feel of the original (iOS/Android) Pocket apps, but with an entirely native Cascades interface.

What my app offers:

1. FAST communication with the Pocket service, even on slow connections
    2. FAST, completely native (Cascades) interface
    3. Complete Q10 and Z10 support
    4. Original Pocket look
    5. Reader mode for reading articles
    6. Q10 keyboard shortcuts
    7. Reliably add items you find in other apps to your Pocket list - INLINE! No more leaving your other apps to Pocket something
    8. Share things in your list out to Facebook, Twitter, email, etc.

I've been using Pouch on my phones for several days, and while I think it's solid, I'd like to do a limited beta test (starting possibly as early as tomorrow evening) to find and work out the last of the kinks before putting it in the App World.

Any Pocket users want to give it a whirl? Send me a PM, with an email address you can be reached at.

I've also attached some screenshots. Feel free to comment; I'd love feedback.

Z10 Article list:

Reqest for Beta Testers for Pouch, a BB10 Pocket Client-z10_list.png

Z10 reader view:

Reqest for Beta Testers for Pouch, a BB10 Pocket Client-z10_story.png

Q10 reader view:

Reqest for Beta Testers for Pouch, a BB10 Pocket Client-q10_story.png

(Q10) Adding a link from Blaq:

Reqest for Beta Testers for Pouch, a BB10 Pocket Client-q10_adding.png

Q10 menu:

Reqest for Beta Testers for Pouch, a BB10 Pocket Client-q10_pulldown.png
    balenax and russworman like this.
    06-18-13 09:43 PM
    I'll test !! I'm dying for the perfect pocket client !

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 02:32 AM
    I'll send you a PM, I'll be able to test on my Q10.
    06-19-13 02:41 AM
    I'm also willing to test on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 02:57 AM
    Would love to test.

Thanks
    06-19-13 06:51 AM
    Dying for a pocket client as well. Pm-ed u already, available to test on Q10

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 07:43 AM
    Thanks guys. Everyone who has PMed me up to now has gotten a response. I will endeavour to have this ready for you all to load on your phones this evening. Ideally, I'd like to get this tested and wrapped up in the next few days, and put in the store for everyone early next week.
    11pts likes this.
    06-19-13 09:37 AM
    Sounds like a promising app Please post here when it is approved on BB world
    06-19-13 09:48 AM
    Any chance to be a tester even if we don't PM you? Sorry, but I'm away from my computer and the CB10 app doesn't support PM functionality.
    06-19-13 11:00 AM
    Any chance to be a tester even if we don't PM you? Sorry, but I'm away from my computer and the CB10 app doesn't support PM functionality.
    Try using the browser, will work for sure

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 11:06 AM
    Is this the same Pouch that is on WP8?
    Looks pretty nice!
    06-19-13 11:07 AM
    Sent a PM as well, very interested in testing this on the Q10
    06-19-13 11:15 AM
    I believe you will need access to a PC of some kind in order to load the bar file.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 11:17 AM
    Is this the same Pouch that is on WP8?
    Looks pretty nice!
    It's not. I wasn't aware of that app. May have to rethink the name to avoid any confusion.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 11:18 AM
    I have a PC. Just not with me right now. Hence the reason I can't PM right now.
    06-19-13 01:03 PM
    Try using the browser, will work for sure

Posted via CB10
    Not on the mobile site - it's as limited as the app.

And the pinch-to-squint experience of using the desktop version leaves much to be desired.
    06-19-13 01:05 PM
    I have a PC. Just not with me right now. Hence the reason I can't PM right now.
    Ah, I see what you're saying. That's fine. Just send me one when you're able.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 01:38 PM
    Thanks for the interest, everyone. An email with instructions and a link to the bar file has gone out to the first group.
    11pts likes this.
    06-19-13 11:12 PM
    Installed and testing now....
    Install failed the first 2 times, but I don't really think it matters, (Chrome extension method)
    06-20-13 10:01 AM
    So far,
    Hasn't loaded my pages (I only have 1)
    It says refresh complete every time I reload, but nothing appears
    I have to reauthorize whenever I exit and reopen the app. Perhaps I did something wrong?

Posted by Z10
    06-20-13 10:18 AM
    On my q it works as expected after reading the possible problems like reader page not always loading. I installed the app with ddpb.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 10:29 AM
    Did you authorize the app at the Pocket web site, as well as log in? It sounds like you're not authenticated properly.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 10:30 AM
    On my q it works as expected after reading the possible problems like reader page not always loading. I installed the app with ddpb.

Posted via CB10
    Good to hear, thanks for the feedback. Going to try and get some of the known issues dealt with today.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 10:31 AM
    So far,
    Hasn't loaded my pages (I only have 1)
    It says refresh complete every time I reload, but nothing appears
    I have to reauthorize whenever I exit and reopen the app. Perhaps I did something wrong?

Posted by Z10
    I had a similar thing happen after my first attempt at authorizing. Did everything I was supposed to, got redirected to the Google page after authorizing, closed the browser window, finalized autorization and nothing happened. Closed app, restarted app and had to authorize again. This time when I got redirected to the browser it showed I was logged in to Pocket, and it showed the authorize button again. Went through the same steps, got authorized and worked perfectly after that second attempt.
    06-20-13 11:09 AM
    I had a similar thing happen after my first attempt at authorizing. Did everything I was supposed to, go redirected to the Google page after authorizing, closed the browser window and nothing happened. Closed app, restarted app and had to authorize again. This time when I got redirected to the browser it showed I was logged in to Pocket, and it showed the authorize button. Went through the same steps, got authorized and worked perfectly after that second attempt.
    Definitely sounds like the authorization is not succeeding the first time. I'll look into this further.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 11:15 AM
73 123