Does the desktop manager version have to match the os version?

I have 4.2 os, do I need to keep using the 4.3 desktop manager or can I upgrade to version 4.6?

Also, when I go to BlackBerry to download the new desktop manager, it asks for job title and such. Does this mean that the upgrade is only for BES users?
    10-13-08 01:12 AM
    ]I am running 4.5 on my berry and 4.6 on my DM, it is just the latest version, no relation to device os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 01:15 AM
    You can use a different Desktop Manager version from that of you OS, no problems. You are asked to complete some basic info to be able to download it, no you do not have to be on BES.

10-13-08 01:17 AM
    Wow, that was fast Thank you guys very much!

]I am running 4.5 on my berry and 4.6 on my DM, it is just the latest version, no relation to device os

You can use a different Desktop Manager version from that of you OS, no problems. You are asked to complete some basic info to be able to download it, no you do not have to be on BES.

10-13-08 01:19 AM
    Different vesions of Desktop Manager support different versions of Microsoft Office (Outlook).

I cannot recall the entire cross product matrix right now but ifyou let us know which version of MS Office and Outlook that you are using then we can find the highest version of Desktop Manager that will run with your installed software.
    10-13-08 01:23 AM
    lol

We only live to serve you

Jk. I like helping out!

10-13-08 01:25 AM
    I've just installed version dm 4.6 and I was also able to sync without any problems.

Different vesions of Desktop Manager support different versions of Microsoft Office (Outlook).

I cannot recall the entire cross product matrix right now but ifyou let us know which version of MS Office and Outlook that you are using then we can find the highest version of Desktop Manager that will run with your installed software.
    10-13-08 01:55 AM
    Gotcha Thanks

lol

We only live to serve you

Jk. I like helping out!

10-13-08 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD