Hope someone can help.... I'm looking for the the default Wallpaper files.

When I go into the Settings -> Display and press Select next to Wallpaper it shows 18 *.jpgp files(pictures).
    It shows that they are in the [Device/protected_media/wallpaper] directory. But when I try to access this directory in the file manager it does not show anything in the protected_media directory. I downloaded a file manager from BBworld (that shows the complete directory structure (even hidden files), I still can't find the wallpaper files.

I also noticed the the carriers default wallpaper is nowhere to be found?

How do I find them (especially the carriers default wallpaper)?
    06-18-13 11:38 AM
    Have you tried using Ghost Commander?
    06-18-13 11:48 AM
    Hope someone can help.... I'm looking for the the default Wallpaper files.

When I go into the Settings -> Display and press Select next to Wallpaper it shows 18 *.jpgp files(pictures).
    It shows that they are in the [Device/protected_media/wallpaper] directory. But when I try to access this directory in the file manager it does not show anything in the protected_media directory. I downloaded a file manager from BBworld (that shows the complete directory structure (even hidden files), I still can't find the wallpaper files.

I also noticed the the carriers default wallpaper is nowhere to be found?

How do I find them (especially the carriers default wallpaper)?
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!
    I guess a question that needs to be asked is why you would want to find them? They are on the device and locked so they can't be removed.
    06-18-13 11:50 AM
    Yes, I'm using Ghost Commander.... awesome app!!!

I like some of the default wallpapers (and the carriers wallpaper), and I want to use them in Wallpaper Changer HD app. If I can locate the files I can copy them to a folder where this app can locate them.
    06-18-13 11:58 AM
    I have absolutely no idea where the carrier's wallpaper is stored. Would be nice to find out.
    You can always get back to it by going to Display > Wallpaper > Advanced > Reset to Carrier Wallpaper, though.

I know you can't actually access the device's protected wallpapers, but you can get a copy of them here.
    https://www.box.com/s/q48r2isw320g804u51tm

I wanted to do the same thing you want to and I had asked about them in the Wallpaper Changer HD thread - abUdi4 posted that link there.
    06-18-13 01:00 PM
    I have absolutely no idea where the carrier's wallpaper is stored. Would be nice to find out.
    You can always get back to it by going to Display > Wallpaper > Advanced > Reset to Carrier Wallpaper, though.

I know you can't actually access the device's protected wallpapers, but you can get a copy of them here.
    https://www.box.com/s/q48r2isw320g804u51tm

I wanted to do the same thing you want to and I had asked about them in the Wallpaper Changer HD thread - abUdi4 posted that link there.

Thanks for the info.... although I have several default wallpapers that are not in the link you provided. I knew about Reset to Carrier Wallpaper in advance settings.

It's just weird how Ghost Commander can display hidden directories and files but not the wallpaper directory/files....
    06-18-13 01:32 PM
    Thanks for the info.... although I have several default wallpapers that are not in the link you provided. I knew about Reset to Carrier Wallpaper in advance settings.

It's just weird how Ghost Commander can display hidden directories and files but not the wallpaper directory/files....
    You actually have more?
    When I go through Settings > Wallpaper, I only see 18 .jpgp's in Device/protected media/wallpaper.
    That link to Dev Alpha Wallpaper has 21, though the extra 3 are kinda crap.
    Maybe your extras were added by carrier?

I think BlackBerry put in some some serious effort to make sure you couldn't get to those protected wallpapers any other way. Though, I'm not sure why.

I've noticed some other funny stuff while browsing with Ghost Commander, or with the native file browser, like when you look in misc/android, there are some duplicate directories that seem to be shortcuts to other folders somewhere on the device but that act like real directories.
    I get that this is probably a workaround for the Android runtime, but it's confusing if you try to copy stuff off of there.

And there's the other stuff you can't get to at all (as far as I know), like wherever your native saved games are stored.
    Last edited by FuriousK; 06-18-13 at 03:19 PM.
    06-18-13 03:07 PM
    Open native file manager go to device storage ,there is a folder called "protected media" and says 0 items but if you open it you will find the wallpaper folder with 18 items.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 08:27 PM
    The correct answer is

/accounts/1000/shared/protected_media/

Marketing is everything
    07-29-13 08:37 PM